I don’t understand how someone could ever come up with “just a dog.” We are pretty fortunate to have our furry family members. They bring so much extra to our lives. You should see when Tonks, the 130 lb Anatolian decides she needs to climb into my lap like the little dogs do.

My wife and I have two more little furry family members that are rescues that have even more personality than the first two. These two are Sirius and Dobby. Sirius is the black and brown Pomeranian and Dobby is the blonde Chiweenie.

CB7422CA-B1C0-4BAA-A008-C1B821E0E72B.jpeg EDBF730A-CEAC-4552-8092-9E166C1D2421.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
How I feel. My pets become a true part of my family, even if the rest of the family doesn't always see it that way.

I never truly get over a single one of the losses. Jerome passed in 2015 and still feels like an open wound. Nikoh got away a few years ago and I broke my wrist quickly into that chase, down a wet hill I went! I knew it but didn't care at the time as my only thought was "she can't get away, I will lose her".

I have heard folks over the years use the term "he/she was just a dog". Couldn't disagree more. They were/are my best friends, my family. Paid like $20k overall on a few small surgeries and medications for Jerome over the years. I would pay triple that to have a few more days with my ugly little buddy!!