View Poll Results: In regards to Liberalnations avatar...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love her avatar, and want her to keep it up because...

3 20.00%
  • I hate her avatar, and want her to take it down because...

12 80.00%
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I saw it after I posted. You want a gold star stamped on your fucking forehead, or what?
    Just pointing out how you jumped before you knew the facts

Nothing new for you

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, flag burning is not spelled out in the Constitution. Many things are not, but this covers it all.

Amendment 9 - Construction of Constitution. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    In other words, if it ain't addressed as a right it is a right.

JaneDoe is correct here and I agree with her.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    I really doubt Pale would hit a girl..............
    Nobody said anything about hitting any specific person. That could be (mis)construed as a threat.

I wouldn't hit a girl myself .... but I know some women who have ZERO qualms about it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Just pointing out how you jumped before you knew the facts

Nothing new for you

Most people respond to posts as they get to them, dumbass. I realize you don't bother and just post "Dems suck because ______" ensuring everyone knows you are completely incapable of putting words together to form a sentence and impart any real knowledge.

Feel free to go back to thumping pee-pee's and giggling like a little bitch with your boyfriend and don't concern yourself with what I'm doing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The way I view it is this ... if you hate this nation bad enough to symbolically destroy it ... get the Hell out.

Anyone burning the symbol of this Nation -- a symbol countless thousands along with myself were willing to die to defend -- gets stopped, then and there, period.

All of this bullshit "it doesn't specifically say I can't; therefore, it means I can" is just trying to blow smoke up everyone's asses.
    The Supreme court, already ruled, many times over, that Burning an American Flag, is not harmful to anyone in our Nation...but NOT allowing them to burn it, would hurt everyone in our Nation, because it would violate, the First Amendment.

It is you, that is trying to blow smoke I'm afraid....tell me, does the First Amendment spell out the specifics for any of our protections and cover each and every scenario that it could EVER COVER?

The answer is resoundingly NO, and there is no way that you can argue otherwise.

The first amendment SPECIFICALLY gives us, the citizen or the legal resident, THE RIGHT to be protected from the government when it involves our personal opinions, and when it involves our religious beliefs or when it involves the Press.... the first amendment prohibits the government from censoring this kind of speech in the Public Square, the public arena, not on private grounds, but on Public ground.

Burning the flag is an expression of disgust with ones government. This is what it is known for and this is why some people, very few people, are doing such....to express disgust with their govt.

This is specifically protected speech, by our first amendment.

So, I guess, I once again, disagree with you...and so does the majority of the SC, time and time again.

I do agree with you that it is a very offensive act to many of us, but protected under the 1st, none the less, imo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    The Supreme court, already ruled, many times over, that Burning an American Flag, is not harmful to anyone in our Nation...but NOT allowing them to burn it, would hurt everyone in our Nation, because it would violate, the First Amendment.

It is you, that is trying to blow smoke I'm afraid....tell me, does the First Amendment spell out the specifics for any of our protections and cover each and every scenario that it could EVER COVER?

The answer is resoundingly NO, and there is no way that you can argue otherwise.

The first amendment SPECIFICALLY gives us, the citizen or the legal resident, THE RIGHT to be protected from the government when it involves our personal opinions, and when it involves our religious beliefs or when it involves the Press.... the first amendment prohibits the government from censoring this kind of speech in the Public Square, the public arena, not on private grounds, but on Public ground.

Burning the flag is an expression of disgust with ones government. This is what it is known for and this is why some people, very few people, are doing such....to express disgust with their govt.

This is specifically protected speech, by our first amendment.

So, I guess, I once again, disagree with you...and so does the majority of the SC, time and time again.

I do agree with you that it is a very offensive act to many of us, but protected under the 1st, none the less, imo.
    The Constitution was never meant to be a suicide pact. When dishonest literalism/puposeful misinterpretation is used to make it such, then it's time to hoist the bullshit flag.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Most people respond to posts as they get to them, dumbass. I realize you don't bother and just post "Dems suck because ______" ensuring everyone knows you are completely incapable of putting words together to form a sentence and impart any real knowledge.

Feel free to go back to thumping pee-pee's and giggling like a little bitch with your boyfriend and don't concern yourself with what I'm doing.
    I see you are still a prick - as I said, nothing has changed

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ................

Nobody said anything about hitting any specific person. That could be (mis)construed as a threat.

I wouldn't hit a girl myself .... but I know some women who have ZERO qualms about it.
    I wasn't questioning that you would, I know you have more respect for women then that and are more of a man then that.

IMO a woman should NEVER be hit no matter what they do. If they get violent you can restrain them, but you can do that without hurting them. That is the one thing that sets me off more then anything someone hurting a woman in anyway.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Wow. I'm a prick. Now THERE is something I've never heard before.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow. I'm a prick. Now THERE is something I've never heard before.
    Gien your attitude, arrogance, and double standards you should be use to it by now

Jumping in and bellowing before you know all the facts - nothing new

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..................

Actually I think Gunny takes pride in being a prick. So I doubt that was an insult.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Actually I think Gunny takes pride in being a prick. So I doubt that was an insult.
    well at least he does one thing well

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Constitution was never meant to be a suicide pact. When dishonest literalism/puposeful misinterpretation is used to make it such, then it's time to hoist the bullshit flag.
    It truely is an expression of disgust with ones gvt.

The later to be Revolutionists burned their Flag to show the Brits that they were sick of the new taxes they kept adding on to them.

This was an expression, this was speech with no words, but with clear meaning, by these soon to be Revolutionsits, Gunny?

Only if you can deny that these men were not trying to make a statement by burning their British flag, can you deny that burning a flag today is not making a statement.

And I do not think you can honestly do this, with any kind of merit....I just really don't think this is possible.

Regardless of my dislike, for people doing such, I can not deny it's meaning and that it is clearly done to make a statement and not to physically harm anyone....thus, it is legal and protected, by the first amendment, however offending it may be.

And you have the first amendment right to speak out against it, as long as you are not harming another physically, or libel in anyway...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    It truely is an expression of disgust with ones gvt.

The later to be Revolutionists burned their Flag to show the Brits that they were sick of the new taxes they kept adding on to them.

This was an expression, this was speech with no words, but with clear meaning, by these soon to be Revolutionsits, Gunny?

Only if you can deny that these men were not trying to make a statement by burning their British flag, can you deny that burning a flag today is not making a statement.

And I do not think you can honestly do this, with any kind of merit....I just really don't think this is possible.

Regardless of my dislike, for people doing such, I can not deny it's meaning and that it is clearly done to make a statement and not to physically harm anyone....thus, it is legal and protected, by the first amendment, however offending it may be.

And you have the first amendment right to speak out against it, as long as you are not harming another physically, or libel in anyway...
    Funny how libs say they are out to protect the first amendment, but the libs want to silence conservative talk radio, deny a US soldier to speak at the Daily Kos panel, and want to take Fox news off the air

Yet, the left thinks burning a US flag is an act of free speech

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Liberals and conservatives

I think it is actually some conservatives that need to stop and think. Conservatives, Liberals, and Moderates have been around since the formation of this country....have been instrumental in sustaining this country...and will be equally important in deciding what the important stakes for this country lie in the future. All three viewpoints are valid. There are a lot of things that some conservatives say that I disagree with....but as an American...I will proudly defend his or her right to say so.