Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Democrats stopped caring about the Constitution around the time of the New Deal. The Republicans have started down the same road ever since the Contract With America started running out of steam.

What we need is a Constitutional oversight committee of Constitutional lawyers completely unconnected to any political candidate. Their sole job would be to present any action to the Supreme Court that they believe violates the Constitution. The tenth ammendment would probably need a staff of about 200 for a year or two.
    Unfortunately, I wouldnt trust constitutional lawyers. Not after being in constitutional law classes and knowing how liberal many of them are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Yes he could veto but they would keep bringing it up and as the repubs feel more and more pressure against the war they would be more agreeable to the dem side. He might just get his wings clipped before he’s out of office.

Will see.
    Republicans arent going to feel pressure against the war because the pressure against the war isnt as great as the Democrats seem to think.

In fact, I think the Democrats have just guarenteed themselves defeat in 08

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In a recent Kentucky poll Bush just got his lowest approval rating yet. More than half disapproved with his running of the war. We are a very conservative state and pretty small. It is almost certainly to be worse in more populous north eastern and western coast states.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/200...ll/?gleaner=1/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    He has a contingency for that too. We have troops at bases all over the world and all he has to do is reduce some base personnel and send them to Iraq. By the way, he will eventually go down in history as one of the best Presidents the USA has ever had. Hes already the best one in my lifetime and I've seen a lot of them.
    I have hopes that maybe he will be. But he still has two years which could make or break him.

And as good a job as i think he has done, i think he could have done much better and part of me thinks its rather sad that he will be one of the best presidents we've had in a while. But he will be. Other than Reagan has there been a President as good since Eisenhower?