Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Ignorant.

Have you ever piloted a ship at sea? I have.

Have you ever been in charge of a crew on a SAR boat? I have.

I agree with the other Vets. The CO is ultimately in charge, but
    homicide charges are WRONG. The whole Watch Section should answer to
    neglect of duty, not just the CO. I releived watch standers for being neglectful,
    and if it was an officer went straight to the XO.

Elessar. Matter of fact, yes I have. I even stood 8 hours as OOD underway to get my Surface Warfare Qualifications. They were 8 of the scariest hours I will never forget. Being responsible for over 300 other in the crew, and about 500 Marines who were also aboard for the float/cruise.
    I tend to agree about the homicide charges; yet the Navy and the JAG follow different rules for Commanding Officers in the Navy, for obvious reasons.
    I do believe the entire group of Bridge Watch standers on both ships should also be held accountable for the deaths of their shipmates. BUT....as I have said before. The C.O. is the ultimate man/woman in charge of a ship. C.O.'s are as powerful as the President.
    Look at it this way. NUKE SUBS, and their C.O.'s have the power to institute the orders of the President in every case. If they fail to follow orders...they are relieved of duty FORTHWITH.

By the way. Had anything happened to the ship while I was OOD. Both I, and the Captain would have lost everything.
    Last edited by aboutime; 01-18-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Elessar. Matter of fact, yes I have.

Look at it this way. NUKE SUBS, and their C.O.'s have the power to institute the orders of the President in every case. If they fail to follow orders...they are relieved of duty FORTHWITH.

By the way. Had anything happened to the ship while I was OOD. Both I, and the Captain would have lost everything.
    CO's do by virtue of Command, and ulitmately on their shoulders. But that does not
    excuse a whole watch section for idioitc negelgence. BMOW, I would have releived them all.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!