Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mika-El View Post
    I do not call transexuals immoral. I respect anyone until they show me otherwise but Sassy is how I would argue to deal with it to be fair. I agree with you all but my beef ain't against transexuals its against unfair competition.
    I did not say anything about morality.

Where did you get the idea I was against transsexuals? I just don't think males should compete against females.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post

Where did you get the idea I was against transsexuals? I just don't think males should compete against females.
    FTR, I'm pretty sure his response about morality was in response to me. I certainly wasn't shy about throwing my personal opinion into the mix

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Speaking of "doping" ... anyone still following the Sh'Carri Richardson thing? It's come down to the World Anti-Doping Agency and the US Anti-Doping Agency pointing fingers at one another. The USADA states it had no choice and gave the minimal penalty. The WADA states the US has a seat at the World table and has consistently voted to keep weed on the banned, performance enhancing drug list.

Blacks surveyed (I did not survey a skin color -- the media did) are up in arms, some trying to get a boycott going. Paraphrasing a general consensus, they watch only the track and field and basketball, with a mixed result for or against boycott.

AOC even got her dumbass self involved, appealing directly to the World organization, completely bypassing the USADA. An alleged "Congressperson" that doesn't understand chain of command. Awesome

So I'm wondering, what are black fans going to do when Brenda Brown who used to be Bob Brown last year lines up on the starting block for the 100 meter sprint? Or men "identifying as women" take over the basketball team? The reason I bring this up is I stated early on, most people don't give a crap about Weightlifting so the topic gets a big "meh" for the moment.

I have a hunch that's going to change when it starts hitting more mainstream accepted sports.

5. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

@Gunny

WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND—100% totally female weightlifter Laurel Hubbard was forced to bid farewell to her Olympic dreams yesterday after a tragic accident left her with a severely lacerated testicle. Hubbard would have been the first transgender woman to compete in the Olympics.

The injury is not life-threatening, but doctors have advised Hubbard that she needs to refrain from heavy lifting for at least six to eight weeks as her injury heals. Obviously, that means Olympic weightlifting is off the table.

Hubbard was something of a controversial figure at this year’s games given that she was born a biological male and competed as a male weightlifter until 2013. Many critics argued that this gave her an unfair advantage compared to female weightlifters, but Hubbard says that’s ridiculous.

“Sure, there are some biological differences like bone density and muscle strength between the sexes,” Hubbard said. “But none of those gives me an unfair advantage in weightlifting, which is really more about finesse and technique!”

Hubbard said while she's disappointed she won’t be able to live out her Olympic dreams this year, that’s just the way it goes. “Sometimes your testicles get in the way,” Hubbard said. “That’s just something we gals have to deal with.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/female-weightlifter-suffers-tragic-testicle-injury-just-weeks-before-tokyo-olympics
    Last edited by SassyLady; 07-13-2021 at 05:58 PM.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

@Gunny

WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND—100% totally female weightlifter Laurel Hubbard was forced to bid farewell to her Olympic dreams yesterday after a tragic accident left her with a severely lacerated testicle. Hubbard would have been the first transgender woman to compete in the Olympics.

The injury is not life-threatening, but doctors have advised Hubbard that she needs to refrain from heavy lifting for at least six to eight weeks as her injury heals. Obviously, that means Olympic weightlifting is off the table.

Hubbard was something of a controversial figure at this year’s games given that she was born a biological male and competed as a male weightlifter until 2013. Many critics argued that this gave her an unfair advantage compared to female weightlifters, but Hubbard says that’s ridiculous.

“Sure, there are some biological differences like bone density and muscle strength between the sexes,” Hubbard said. “But none of those gives me an unfair advantage in weightlifting, which is really more about finesse and technique!”

Hubbard said while she's disappointed she won’t be able to live out her Olympic dreams this year, that’s just the way it goes. “Sometimes your testicles get in the way,” Hubbard said. “That’s just something we gals have to deal with.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/female-weightlifter-suffers-tragic-testicle-injury-just-weeks-before-tokyo-olympics
    Karma. Poetic justice?

A "she" with testicles

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Karma. Poetic justice?

A "she" with testicles
    The article was Babylon Bee .. satire. Wish it were karma.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No Sassy that was not for you it was a comment in general. I should have been clearer. I agree with you.
    Last edited by Mika-El; 07-14-2021 at 05:15 PM.

12. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

FTR, I'm pretty sure his response about morality was in response to me. I certainly wasn't shy about throwing my personal opinion into the mix
    Yah it was but also just in general. I agree with Sassy and you I just I don't comment on the morality stuff. Thanks. I am tempted to say though that weight lifter is a cheater. Its bs and heshe has an unfair advantage and its not fair.
    Last edited by Mika-El; 07-14-2021 at 05:20 PM.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Good are all cleared up and I appreciate Gunny did not remind me how immoral I am. On a more serious note all across Canada and the US competitive sports including track, volleyball, etc., will have to come to grips with this issue.

I like many believe the Olympics is a corrupt joke akin to the UN. However its a shame because of course I admire all the honest athletes. The Olympics has been compromised by drugs, commercial interests and their advertising, politics, you name it.

I did go to some events when the Olympics were in Montreal when I was a kid....the field hockey finals, the soccer finals, and a boxing match with Sugar Ray Leonard I think. I am pretty sure it was him.

I just remember the best boxers were the Cubans and Americans and India was very upset not making it in the field hockey finals and I am pretty sure it was the Aussies and Kiwis. I am pretty sure I remember them teasing each other in the stands about who could drink more beer. I forget who was in the soccer finals.

When I was a kid I always remembered ABC Wide World of Sports showing the Olympics but it got ruined. The head of the doping commission was a lawyer from Montreal where I was from and he was powerless against the corrupt Olympic regime.

I do remember the Yanks winning against the Soviet commies and then going on to beat Finland in the winter Olympics and wishing it was Canada beating those pinko butts. We hated the Ruskies so cheered the Yanks. That was our only time doing that. hockey is to Canada what basketball is to the US. Who we kidding its all pros now pretending to be amateurs. I mean the Yank teams are so much better in basketball although this summer who knows. Its an illuminati thing all this Olympics. Read up on it. Illuminati shape shifter lizard dracos.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I do remember the Yanks winning against the Soviet commies and then going on to beat Finland in the winter Olympics and wishing it was Canada beating those pinko butts. We hated the Ruskies so cheered the Yanks. That was our only time doing that. hockey is to Canada what basketball is to the US. Who we kidding its all pros now pretending to be amateurs. I mean the Yank teams are so much better in basketball although this summer who knows. Its an illuminati thing all this Olympics. Read up on it. Illuminati shape shifter lizard dracos.
    Like yesterday, and I was 12 years old when this happened, but already a sports fanatic.

Miracle on Ice - "Do you believe in miracles? Yes!" -- Most exciting last minute of sports that has no scoring.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The article was Babylon Bee .. satire. Wish it were karma.
    Well, reading too fast will get you bit in the ass

Never heard of Bee. What I DO know is I thought the article was hinky to begin with. Trying to be funny and not. I figured it was just me given the topic.

20. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Good are all cleared up and I appreciate Gunny did not remind me how immoral I am. On a more serious note all across Canada and the US competitive sports including track, volleyball, etc., will have to come to grips with this issue.

I like many believe the Olympics is a corrupt joke akin to the UN. However its a shame because of course I admire all the honest athletes. The Olympics has been compromised by drugs, commercial interests and their advertising, politics, you name it. I compared the IOC to the National Football League. The UN will do just as well. Same political flavor of the day butt kissers with different names.

I did go to some events when the Olympics were in Montreal when I was a kid....the field hockey finals, the soccer finals, and a boxing match with Sugar Ray Leonard I think. I am pretty sure it was him.

I just remember the best boxers were the Cubans and Americans and India was very upset not making it in the field hockey finals and I am pretty sure it was the Aussies and Kiwis. I am pretty sure I remember them teasing each other in the stands about who could drink more beer. I forget who was in the soccer finals.

When I was a kid I always remembered ABC Wide World of Sports showing the Olympics but it got ruined. The head of the doping commission was a lawyer from Montreal where I was from and he was powerless against the corrupt Olympic regime.

I've caught most of them since Mark Spitz. I like the competition. Then you find out about all the political shenanigans and cheating, stupid rules and double standards, obvious judge bias (Korea). Kind of takes some of the shine off.

Like this Hubbard character. A man can compete as a woman. But don't be a woman that smokes that "performance enhancing" weed. Smoking weed is way worse than screwing over every woman weightlifter in the World in the 105+ category By a fat slob that can't even qualify for the NZ team as a male.

It's looking a lot like the Tokyo Olympics is going to be a bust anyway. No crowd. More than a few of the best athletes aren't going. Mostly for doping or injury.

I thought the Olympics is NBC? ABC was Wide World of Sports, I know. And Monday Night Football for years. If you follow a single sport, or just a few, the access is better now than it ever was back when. Some digital channel will have what you want. Before, you got to see what the network chose for you.

22. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes Mika-El liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The IOC dropped wrestling from the Olympics and one of the sports it added is surfing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Upon further review of the Gunny data bank, I've missed most of the Olympics. I can point the finger straight at the Marine Corps

That being said, I think the toughest EVER performance I have ever seen was watching Kerri Strug stick that landing with one good foot. I thought she was going to give it the old college try and fail. Like everyone else except apparently Kerri Strug. That was hard f-ing corps.
    Last edited by Gunny; 07-17-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Upon further review of the Gunny data bank, I've missed most of the Olympics. I can point the finger straight at the Marine Corps

That being said, I think the toughest EVER performance I have ever seen was watching Kerri Strug stick that landing with one good foot. I thought she was going to give it the old college try and fail. Like everyone else except apparently Kerri Strug. That was hard f-ing corps.
    Mandella effect or not I sure remember that yah. Gotta lover her for that. I love those real athletes not the fake ones.

Now listen Simon Biles tosY is Wonder Woman. Good God she reinvented gymnastics. What power and grace at the same time and so modest in interviews you would think she is a Canadian! Million dollar smile and attitude. Lol I would adopt her.
    Last edited by Mika-El; 07-27-2021 at 04:00 PM.

26. Thanks Gunny thanked this post