Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't have any "issue" combat boots. I have a pair of Red Wing 8" boots that are the equivalent. Those "issue" boots went a long way in destroying my ankles. I HATED those left over, Vietnam-issue boots with a passion.

Those look like Corcorans. We weren't allowed to wear those. Until the mid-90s in the Marines, you could wear ONLY Marine Corps issue boots. Soon as they changed THAT dumbass rule I was sporting a pair of Danners .
    Yeah they're not issue, although I liked those too. I don't know if what we were issued in 1979 were Vietnam era or not. The new khaki colored boots look nice too. Would like to find a good pair of those.

I got these at a big shoe store here in Wisconsin. They have zippers on the side. They sure are comfy though.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-08-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default The Blueprint Worked So Well For The NFL, Why Wouldn't Nike Get In On The Action?

Well it’s taken almost 2 weeks but Nike stock is back to we’re it was before this ad campaign.

Disaster.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Take a knee Colin:

take a knee.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Well it’s taken almost 2 weeks but Nike stock is back to we’re it was before this ad campaign.

Disaster.
    Did anyone state Nike would go out of business? You're a little -- no, a LOT -- early to be predicting long-term effect. You know what people like you accomplish who have a voice but are too afraid to use it ? Nothing.

You know what people who have a voice and an impact accomplish? Revolutions. That's why YOU still belong to the UK -- well except the part they let claim "independence" so they didn't have to support them anymore -- and the US is a sovereign nation. We BOTH came from the same damned place. Some people got a pair. Then there are the marshmallows that don't.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default The Blueprint Worked So Well For The NFL, Why Wouldn't Nike Get In On The Action?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Did anyone state Nike would go out of business?
    No, but there were several posts here about the drop in Nike stock, so just following that up with the fact that the stock is now back up to exactly the same place it was before.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

No, but there were several posts here about the drop in Nike stock, so just following that up with the fact that the stock is now back up to exactly the same place it was before.
    Stocks have nothing to do with sales.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I didn't. I stated I will not buy nor wear nor otherwise endorse Nike products among others. But I was ahead of the game anyway. I quit when I read up on their sweatshop labor when they moved to SE Asia. That as in the 90s. As previously stated. They didn't go out of business then so I wasn't figuring they would now.

The fact remains, Kaepernick is wrong and fraud among other things, and so is Nike. Both present themselves as something they are not -- American.

To point out another tidbit I saw recently, Kaepernick is REALLY trying to pull a fast one ... John Elway/The Denver Broncos offered Kaepernick a restructured contract in 2016 and he refused it. So any accusation that the NFL team owners colluded in keep him unemployed gets shot down right there by John Elway. That is according to John Elway.

Kaepernick is making a fortune off of fools who support his bullshit.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Stocks have nothing to do with sales.
    lol what

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I couldn't care less about their stocks or sales.

I have a pair of Air Jordan's, but rarely wear them anyway. And I already paid, so it would be dumb to throw them away or burn them. I would give them away or to a homeless person, but I'm keeping them.

What I will say, when I'm due for new sneaks, they won't be on my list. Too overpriced for their regular sneaks anyway. I can get a pair of decent under armour or even skechers for much much less. And for your general high tops or running sneaks, they're all the same at my age. But I'm not part of their age group of expected purchasers that they care much about anyway.

Funny seeing liberals all of a sudden SO interested in sales or stock. And why is that? Solely because conservatives got upset. Liberals aren't much for debates and discussion, but are ALL OVER things if they think their comments will upset or piss off conservatives. And likely, 99% of them couldn't truly care less about Nike as much as I do.

I see on the NFL field, many a players wearing Nike, and many wearing other leading cleats from major companies. They all look cool, IMO, and all wear and handle similarly.

At the end of the day, all that matters is the decision/commercial or their words about "sacrifice". And the liberals TRULY think what he did was a sacrifice, even though he keeps reeling in millions. AND that he had the ability to be on a few times since his dismissal. Sacrifice my ass. And when dealing with what everyone already knows is the flag and the anthem, and then on top of that on the same subject, to talk about massive sacrifice. What in the world DO they think that the military, veterans, folks who lost loved ones - are going to think? Poor decision and outright false anyway. So whether they profit or not from it means jack shit to me.

And the liberals smiling about it and that think he did make a sacrifice, and will kneel in the honor of the endless thousands who have died that we honor with the flag/anthem - can all just kindly go fuck themselves.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post