Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    And trusting 2000 year old goat herders is logical? He was also a military man. Maybe the military experience had something to do with this. Sounds just as valid as his atheist views. btw, motive has already been declared domestic. So you can stop now.
    Declared by WHO?

Not so fast, kemosabe...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xg2LTqnb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And as far as this POS being a "military man," obviously he wasn't very good at that because he was DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED and reduced in rank. He was a mentally ill outcast, and probably sounded a lot like YOU preaching his atheism and INSULTING Christianity.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Declared by WHO?

Not so fast, kemosabe...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xg2LTqnb
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And as far as this POS being a "military man," obviously he wasn't very good at that because he was DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED and reduced in rank. He was a mentally ill outcast, and probably sounded a lot like YOU preaching his atheism and INSULTING Christianity.
    Preaching atheism is not a motive. It's already been revealed he was targeting his mother in law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Preaching atheism is not a motive. It's already been revealed he was targeting his mother in law.
    If you're a nut case atheist and have a hard on to kill yourself some Christians, that most certainly is a motive.

If he wanted to kill his mother in law he could have done it without killing 24 other people, so that theory is a farce.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    If you're a nut case atheist and have a hard on to kill yourself some Christians, that most certainly is a motive.

If he wanted to kill his mother in law he could have done it without killing 24 other people, so that theory is a farce.
    You're just completely making things up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Not surprising that's what you think of logic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Need to find better friends
    Just need to stop talking to atheists.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

7. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey....do you know how funny you sound? Here you are, DEFENDING a mass murderer, and making excuses to distract attention from your devotion to Atheism???

Wanna try another tactic?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    petey....do you know how funny you sound? Here you are, DEFENDING a mass murderer, and making excuses to distract attention from your devotion to Atheism???

Wanna try another tactic?
    point of order - he's defending atheism and it's relation to these events. Pete never condoned or defended the asshole shooter.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

how christian of you
    wait, did you think God wants us to treat you nice.......lol....we're supposed to turn our cheek to OUR enemies, not HIS......

And Timothy McVeigh was a christian so....
    ????.....no he wasn't.....

If the beginning of someone's life is religious and the end. Then I would suspect it never really left him. However it's speculation and I'm not interested in debating the speculation. In the end I just detest abbey's baiting trying to connect the shooters atheism to his behavior. I am atheist and non violent, even after being shot at myself. So there.
    so on one hand we have your suspicions, on the other hand we have the specific statements of the person involved.......if nothing else that should prove the value of your suspicions......

It's far from wild
    perhaps.....but it's welded to stupid.....

Now you sound like you have all the answers. I have repeatedly said I have doubt and leave room for high powers. You guys are the 100% christian faith people. Who's the fanatic?
    the question remains, why call yourself an atheist if you aren't?..........atheists don't "leave room for high powers"........I am 100% a Christian faith person......you are apparently confused.......I don't consider myself or any other Christian a fanatic.......I don't consider you a fanatic.......I still consider you irrational, whether you are actually an atheist or not.......

Yes it is a discussion forum, so please start discussing.
    and the subject of the thread is atheism.......isn't that what we are discussing?.....

Good luck to you too! I wish everyone the best afterlife. You with Christ. Me with Zeus. I'll wave to you from across the border.
    the rich man tried that with Lazarus......

Yes of course, your god punishes a trivial 80 or so years of rational skepticism with eternal damnation. Seems reasonable to me.
    ??.....he doesn't punish you at all......he just leaves you to the consequence of the choice you are freely making.......

And trusting 2000 year old goat herders is logical?
    it's your choice whether to believe its 2000 year old goat herders instead of God.......and no, I don't consider that logical.......particularly since we know most of them were fishermen, not goat herders.......

I don't think saying he could have killed his mother in law without killing 27 other people is making things up.......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    ??.....he doesn't punish you at all......he just leaves you to the consequence of the choice you are freely making.......
    Is it my free will? I did not choose my genetics, I did not choose how I was raised, I did not choose many of the experiences I've had. I did not choose where I was born. My life has directed me to skepticism. Now if god wants me to say I believe in him just to appease him, well, I don't think he's that foolish if real. So I guess, like much of the earth, I am damned from birth. But I guess that is why ya'll go on missions to save ppl. Sucks for those you don't reach. Guess it was their free will. Sucks if you get a shitty missionary who is not convincing. Guess it's my free will that makes me less gullible and hard to convince.

12. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Is it my free will? I did not choose my genetics, I did not choose how I was raised, I did not choose many of the experiences I've had. I did not choose where I was born. My life has directed me to skepticism. Now if god wants me to say I believe in him just to appease him, well, I don't think he's that foolish if real. So I guess, like much of the earth, I am damned from birth. But I guess that is why ya'll go on missions to save ppl. Sucks for those you don't reach. Guess it was their free will. Sucks if you get a shitty missionary who is not convincing. Guess it's my free will that makes me less gullible and hard to convince.
    Kinda funny how your free will brings to you post messages to invisible people on some higher-plane-type network; just assuming they are real. The faith that you're engaging people, real people, without much evidence of their existence.

Couple things are you betraying with that post - whether its your intent or not - first, it feels like you are actually MAD that god would damn millions/billions to eternal punishment. And rightly so, if that were the case; but that reply carries with it the flavour of somebody lashing out more than somebody talking about the existence of a creator.

And then I wonder why you associate GOD/Creator, etc, with Christianity and the lessons some Christians teach about the nature of God. I think somebody prone to intellect would dis-associate the existence of God with the existence of man-made religion, and talk God's existence outside of religion in part because If god exists, he DOES IN FACT exist in the physical world - the world of science and shit.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

2Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Thanks darin, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
    ...and some passages suggest all WILL come to repentance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Kinda funny how your free will brings to you post messages to invisible people on some higher-plane-type network; just assuming they are real. The faith that you're engaging people, real people, without much evidence of their existence.
    Almost clever, but not there. I know how computers work and we don't have AI yet that passes the turing test.

Couple things are you betraying with that post - whether its your intent or not - first, it feels like you are actually MAD that god would damn millions/billions to eternal punishment. And rightly so, if that were the case; but that reply carries with it the flavour of somebody lashing out more than somebody talking about the existence of a creator.
    Because nothing is black and white. I was actually a church goer in a Pentecostal church for years until about high school where my mind started to open and questions rose up. I left the church after meeting with a pastor who told me I was damned to hell because of my doubt. I was like "peace, I'm out". I want nothing of your god if that is his bullshit.

And then I wonder why you associate GOD/Creator, etc, with Christianity and the lessons some Christians teach about the nature of God. I think somebody prone to intellect would dis-associate the existence of God with the existence of man-made religion, and talk God's existence outside of religion in part because If god exists, he DOES IN FACT exist in the physical world - the world of science and shit.
    Simply because I'm in a community here full of christians. If it were a muslim or hindu community I'd invoke their faiths. I am more against religion because it is man made ritual and power. As I've said many times in this thread, I am open to a higher power, but it is not one from our religions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    yeah honestly I have no idea what that means. If your god wants me to follow him, he needs to not speak in riddles and old dense language. Apparently he made me dumb, so it's his fault I can't understand his lessons.
    Last edited by pete311; 11-07-2017 at 10:02 AM.