Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Glad it worked out for you. I'me extremely leery of things like weight machines because all too often they end up being the quality you find in the apartment complex "gym". Rinky-tink, lightweight BS. If you got quality, heavy duty stuff, probably worth the price alone.

I got the same with my Oly weight bar. I went after market and bought a Rogue 20 kg bar. The "45 lb" bar that came with the budget Oly weight wet I bought did not weight 45 lbs, was off balance noticeably, and the markings on the bar were off. Absolutely unsat and annoying as Hell. The Rogue bar was worth the price alone just because I don't need a slide-rule every time I get my grip on it
I'll tell ya, after the two days it took to put it together, carting all that heavy stuff, and then the work out I got this morning, I've lost 3 pounds already and I noticeably feel better. I can feel my strength and energy coming back with just that little. It's amazing what exercise will do for you. I'll see how this works out for a few months. I can't see needing any free weights. But I am SO GLAD I have this thing now. It's right here under my nose. I don't have to get dressed, walk through snow, heat up the shop and all that this winter to work out now, and I won't sit around on my fat ass letting myself go. I just hate that with a passion. Exercising kinda got under my skin in the military. It can be addicting...