Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I think that the skunk stench of Bush's arrogance and ineptitude permeates the world's opinion of his political party.... much as I think that same stench will permeate the top of the republican ticket in '08 from the perspective of the American voter.
    It's his ineptitude more than anything...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think that the skunk stench of Bush's arrogance and ineptitude permeates the world's opinion of his political party.... much as I think that same stench will permeate the top of the republican ticket in '08 from the perspective of the American voter.

Why should we be so concerned about world opinion ? America is always hated by someone. Or are you ready to sacrifice our soveriegnty too?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    Why should we be so concerned about world opinion ? America is always hated by someone. Or are you ready to sacrifice our soveriegnty too?
    your question was

Why would they give a democrat more of a chance than a republican other than Bush.

I did not take that to mean that their opinion would influence our vote, but more like "I don't give the Bears much of a chance in the superbowl".

I do NOT think we should be concerned what the world thinks, nor do I think that world opinion of any American presidential candidate would tip any election either way.

However, I think it makes sense to chose a president that does not immediately alienate the rest of the world by his statements. For example... if a presidential candidate from either party were to say. "Fuck the rest of the world...I could give a shit what THEY think!"...I might suggest that such an arrogant and antagonistic attitude might not be conducive to good foreign policy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

your question was

Why would they give a democrat more of a chance than a republican other than Bush.

I did not take that to mean that their opinion would influence our vote, but more like "I don't give the Bears much of a chance in the superbowl".

I do NOT think we should be concerned what the world thinks, nor do I think that world opinion of any American presidential candidate would tip any election either way.

However, I think it makes sense to chose a president that does not immediately alienate the rest of the world by his statements. For example... if a presidential candidate from either party were to say. "Fuck the rest of the world...I could give a shit what THEY think!"...I might suggest that such an arrogant and antagonistic attitude might not be conducive to good foreign policy
    Odd that when someone tries to protect America first it gets interpreted as " fuck the rest of he world ".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Odd that when someone tries to protect America first it gets interpreted as " fuck the rest of he world ".
    don't put words in my mouth.... that is not what I said at all...I was speaking rhetorically.... or is that something you don't "get"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

don't put words in my mouth.... that is not what I said at all...I was speaking rhetorically.... or is that something you don't "get"?
    I get it--you think Bush alienated other countries. America regularly alienates other countries by just existing ( not that we haven't done our share of meddling). I just think we have a right to protect ourselves and a duty to defend our sovereignty. If you think Bush is doing a bad job of it I would like to hear alternative ways of accomplishing that without turning into Europe. Tancredo is the only candidate that I've heard come close to offering any alternatives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If only he was trying to protect America first.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I get it--you think Bush alienated other countries. America regularly alienates other countries by just existing ( not that we haven't done our share of meddling). I just think we have a right to protect ourselves and a duty to defend our sovereignty. If you think Bush is doing a bad job of it I would like to hear alternative ways of accomplishing that without turning into Europe. Tancredo is the only candidate that I've heard come close to offering any alternatives.
    no...you don't "get it".... let's go back and reread my sentence, shall we?

"For example... if a presidential candidate from either party were to say. "Fuck the rest of the world...I could give a shit what THEY think!"...I might suggest that such an arrogant and antagonistic attitude might not be conducive to good foreign policy."

Do you see the word "Bush" in that sentence???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no...you don't "get it".... let's go back and reread my sentence, shall we?

"For example... if a presidential candidate from either party were to say. "Fuck the rest of the world...I could give a shit what THEY think!"...I might suggest that such an arrogant and antagonistic attitude might not be conducive to good foreign policy."

Do you see the word "Bush" in that sentence???
    no I don't---and I don't recall anyone saying "fuck the rest of the world" either yet you claim that his actions somehow implied it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no I don't---and I don't recall anyone saying "fuck the rest of the world" either yet you claim that his actions somehow implied it.

do you understand the concept of "rhetorical"? I have NEVER said that Bush, or anyone else, for that matter has ever said that...

I have only said that, while I don't think we should, as Americans, be slaves to the opinions of the rest of the world, we should be sensitive to the idea of electing leaders (unnamed... future leaders...leaders mentioned, not for their actual identity, but rather for their rhetorical characteristics....GET IT?) who wold be so fucking jingoistic and faux-patriotically macho that they would tell the rest of the world to fuck off might not be in our best interests.

YOu really need to take a class in english comp and learn what the entire idea of "rhetorical" means.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good question.... with so many foreign policy blunders committed by this chimp, it will take some doing for ANYONE to be able to unfuck all that he has fucked up.

Clearly, we cannot send an armed force into North Korea with their large standing army - we can barely make rotations of troops in Iraq as it is, without having to muster up a force to take on a million man standing army in NK.... we need to reassert ourselves diplomatically, but before that, we need to regain some credibility with the world community in order to exert any pressure on anyone to do anything...

getting the chimp OUT of the white house and a democrat IN will go along ways towards rebuilding that credibility, imho.
    Is this a rhetorical comment or were you actually referring to a real person ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this a rhetorical comment or were you actually referring to a real person ?
    so what is your point? that I make comments based upon reality sometimes... GUILTY AS CHARGED...or that I speculate rhetorically at other times.... GUILTY AS CHARGED...... or that you are too fucking dense to discern the difference? (if you were honest, you would say " guilty as charged")

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so what is your point? that I make comments based upon reality sometimes... GUILTY AS CHARGED...or that I speculate rhetorically at other times.... GUILTY AS CHARGED...... or that you are too fucking dense to discern the difference? (if you were honest, you would say " guilty as charged")
    Right now my point is that it's difficult to engage in a discussion with someone who makes a comment about a person and conveniently flops it into a "rhetorical" comment when challeged.
    I'll play for real or rhetorical----just pick one and try to stick with it.
    I can discern the difference quite easily as I was the one pointed out your flip-flopping between the two so I'll plead honestly innocent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

one comment was made about bush..and clearly indicated as such...the other was rhetorical...and clearly indicated as such...I am sorry you have such a reading comprehension deficit. I'll dumb it WAY down for you in the future. I promise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

one comment was made about bush..and clearly indicated as such...the other was rhetorical...and clearly indicated as such...I am sorry you have such a reading comprehension deficit. I'll dumb it WAY down for you in the future. I promise.
    nice try