Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I mean, whichever side of the fence you sit on as regards abortion, i think will can all agree this is pretty bad law being made...

As Trigg stated, poorly written. But without a way to tell the "exact" time, it's not a bad idea to go by the last period. Worst case is off by 2 weeks and best case could be 24hrs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
Considering how some ultra-conservative and ultra-religious folks feel about birth control, this seems par for the course. The law provides an avenue for arresting those who buy and sell contraceptives. You could also charge women who refuse to have sex with their husbands with murdering a potential unborn child.
The possibilities are endless.
I would ask you where you get this crap from but we know you won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
The law appears to be written poorly, although I have no problem with banning abortion after 20 weeks.
The "arguers" are angry at the 20 weeks, saying that if a woman is only pregnant for 18 1/2 weeks, this law will be extending it that extra week and a half an banning the abortion. They want to scratch and claw for every last minute available to them in order to have an abortion.