Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
That's right, that's her name.

I have the cichlids in the big tank, then had to move my frogs and tetras to a medium tank, so a bought a Betta to put in my small desktop tank. While I think she likes it, since it's bigger than the egg sized bowl they keep them in, the filter is a problem. You see the vent holes beneath her and behind those 2 plants. When I first put her in there within minutes she was kinda stuck to those intake holes. I then lowered the filter speed and the dolt was back there a few minutes later. I then turned it to it's slowest setting AND I put those 2 plants in front of it. A little while later she was wedged between the plants and the intake!! I don't know if she's really that weak, scared or what. I turned it off and she does move here and there. So now I can't use the filter. Most of these little fighters don't live in a full size aquarium anyway, and most without filters, but why not let her be in heaven with a perfectly clean tank? But the lame little wuss can't seem to fight the current!

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
ahhhhhh....you finally got a Betta...good...I have had a few over the years....that can live pretty long if taken care of....as you know they breath a little different than other fish.... Mirrors usually work well to get them exited...

`Betta Fish get excited when they see me`

Get a couple more and you can take bets on who will win Think about it DP's fighting fish thread.