Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Ah success arrives! No matter that the Taliban is going all out to kill as many Americans as possible in closing days. No matter that Afghan government has basically walked away, 'betrayal.' We are bugging out, which is Success!

http://icasualties.org/

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...d-afghanistan/

I don't actually know ANYONE who is saying we won anything in Afghanistan Kath, so not sure who you and the author of your article are admonishing.

In fact , that is precisely why I want to get out of there. I'm tired of our men and women being killed and wounded in a war where we have no clear goals other than some vague idea of bringing democracy to a people who don't even understand the most basic concept of democracy.

How many trillions of dollars must we spend and how many lives must be lost before you say "wait, we've been at war 40 years now, this isn't working?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I don't actually know ANYONE who is saying we won anything in Afghanistan Kath, so not sure who you and the author of your article are admonishing.

In fact , that is precisely why I want to get out of there. I'm tired of our men and women being killed and wounded in a war where we have no clear goals other than some vague idea of bringing democracy to a people who don't even understand the most basic concept of democracy.

How many trillions of dollars must we spend and how many lives must be lost before you say "wait, we've been at war 40 years now, this isn't working?"

Hey, it's 'WINNING!' When it makes you happy.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hey, it's 'WINNING!' When it makes you happy.
    ^ You are certainly above that type of response.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

^ You are certainly above that type of response.
    Actually, not. Even you should be able to see I've been saying this is wrong for those that have served and all those who've died. Those that went along with serving the 'government' in Afghanistan, those that dealt with us in good faith? The Taliban will kill.

Promises made. Promises kept?

Agreement in principle. With the Taliban. Winning!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Actually, not. Even you should be able to see I've been saying this is wrong for those that have served and all those who've died. Those that went along with serving the 'government' in Afghanistan, those that dealt with us in good faith? The Taliban will kill.

Promises made. Promises kept?

Agreement in principle. With the Taliban. Winning!

And you don't think it's wrong to stay over in perpetuity once we recognize that there is no "winning?"

At no point in this thread have yous stated what you think our goal should be, or at what point you would say "we just can't get it done here"

Trump got stuck with a war started by one President and continued by another, at some point SOMEONE has to get us out of there.

If the Afghan people don't care that their government has made a deal with the Taliban, why should we?

Do you recall from your history courses that the US made a deal which allowed the Emperor of Japan to remain in position in his country ? Sometimes you have to make deals that you don't love to get out of bad situations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

And you don't think it's wrong to stay over in perpetuity once we recognize that there is no "winning?"

At no point in this thread have yous stated what you think our goal should be, or at what point you would say "we just can't get it done here"

Trump got stuck with a war started by one President and continued by another, at some point SOMEONE has to get us out of there.

If the Afghan people don't care that their government has made a deal with the Taliban, why should we?

Do you recall from your history courses that the US made a deal which allowed the Emperor of Japan to remain in position in his country ? Sometimes you have to make deals that you don't love to get out of bad situations.
    I would never try to compare our history knowledge.

I do think whomever is president has to take things where they lie. Thus, perhaps he should have listened a couple years ago, to attempts to get things back to getting rid/driving down the Taliban, stop with the building government, beyond hardening those already in place. We should have been dealing in the good faith with the government we DID help to establish and then get out.

That's called, Promises kept.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I would never try to compare our history knowledge.

I do think whomever is president has to take things where they lie. Thus, perhaps he should have listened a couple years ago, to attempts to get things back to getting rid/driving down the Taliban, stop with the building government, beyond hardening those already in place. We should have been dealing in the good faith with the government we DID help to establish and then get out.

That's called, Promises kept.

Sometimes it's not so easy to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. However, I will say this, and I've always said this. don't think Trump REALLY thought he was gonna win in 2016, so he never had a team of HIS people ready to go at key positions and so he's always been relying on advice from people who just frankly have neither his best interest nor the best interest of this country in mind.

The truth is DC is full of fucking warhawks who are getting rich off the perpetual state of war we are in, on BOTH sides of the aisle and if giving the President, Congress and the American people a bunch of fucking lies to protect their war is what they have to do, that's what they will do.