Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Nice cookin' area! I'd dig that!
    I've still got a lot of work to do before I can sell the place. I think I want to put vinyl soffit under all the eaves. It's about 150 feet of soffit all the way around. I need to fix the gutters. It still needs four new replacement windows on the front of the house. A lot of trim work, windows, toe molding. I need to refinish the den floor, paint the walls, install the washer/dryer in the basement, paint the doors. Increase the curb appeal. I've got a ton of stuff left to do, but I've already done a ton. It's difficult to get fam and friends to give up their weekends to help with stuff like that as you can probably imagine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I've still got a lot of work to do before I can sell the place. ..... It's difficult to get fam and friends to give up their weekends to help with stuff like that as you can probably imagine.
    Esp. when you plan on taking 100% of the profit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Esp. when you plan on taking 100% of the profit.
    Haha, true.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hagbard,

hows the house coming? is it stressful this time of year? or do you have people coming to help out? hope the holidays find you relaxing and enjoying yourself. you know, take the edge off.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Hagbard,

hows the house coming? is it stressful this time of year? or do you have people coming to help out? hope the holidays find you relaxing and enjoying yourself. you know, take the edge off.

Merry Christmas.
    I finally got all the construction stuff out of my living room and bought a nice little tv table from Target. I set up my old kitchen cabinets in the basement as a nice little work bench and moved all my tools/building supplies down there. I even moved a used washer and dryer down there but I haven't hooked them up yet. I'm going to have to run wiring and ventilation for the dryer and since it's Christmas time money's tight so I haven't done it yet. With my kitchen fully functional it's really starting to look like a house though. I've been resting on my laurels for the past two weeks just enjoying coming home to a homey environment.
    I'm still cleaning up shingles in my yard from the roofing project, but since the seasons changed it's been getting dark by the time I get home so that's been slow going. I went out there with a work light a couple times and got a little bit of it done but you can guess why I'm not gung-ho to get out there at night after working all day.
    My next huge projects are refinishing the den/dining room wood floors and replacing the crappy old wood soffit with vinyl. Everything else is just painting/aesthetic stuff.
    I'm almost there. So close I can taste it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Merry Christmas everyone! You won't hear from me again until Wednesday. I'm on call for the Christmas holiday covering CNN domestic, CNN Headline, CNN Airport, all the CNNi feeds and the CNN Espanol feeds so on Christmas morning when ya'll are opening presents pay attention to the news. If something is happening chances are I'll be here at work so think about me while you're opening gifts with your families Hopefully Kim Jong Il will keep his sh*t together for four days. Laters!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I finally got all the construction stuff out of my living room and bought a nice little tv table from Target. I set up my old kitchen cabinets in the basement as a nice little work bench and moved all my tools/building supplies down there. I even moved a used washer and dryer down there but I haven't hooked them up yet. I'm going to have to run wiring and ventilation for the dryer and since it's Christmas time money's tight so I haven't done it yet. With my kitchen fully functional it's really starting to look like a house though. I've been resting on my laurels for the past two weeks just enjoying coming home to a homey environment.
    I'm still cleaning up shingles in my yard from the roofing project, but since the seasons changed it's been getting dark by the time I get home so that's been slow going. I went out there with a work light a couple times and got a little bit of it done but you can guess why I'm not gung-ho to get out there at night after working all day.
    My next huge projects are refinishing the den/dining room wood floors and replacing the crappy old wood soffit with vinyl. Everything else is just painting/aesthetic stuff.
    I'm almost there. So close I can taste it.
    You're going to love doing floors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    You're going to love doing floors.
    Yeah, I did the floors on the back side of the house already. They were easy because the stain was pretty far worn down. However, the den has a pretty thick coat of varnish on it. I did the back floors with just a gel stripper and a scraper tool. But the stain in the den is so thick I'm going to have to rent a drum sander to do it. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yeah, I did the floors on the back side of the house already. They were easy because the stain was pretty far worn down. However, the den has a pretty thick coat of varnish on it. I did the back floors with just a gel stripper and a scraper tool. But the stain in the den is so thick I'm going to have to rent a drum sander to do it. I'm looking forward to it.
    That's good that you look at each room individually. Most folks just hire a crew to come in and sand off the top 1/8 inch or so of the whole house, starting with 40 grit sand paper. When I redid the floors in my old house in NY I cleaned then with mineral spirits, a wire brush and a dull screwdriver in the grooves, sanded with a random orbital and 220 grit, then applied two coats of satin polyurethane. When I got done they looked clean, newly finished but with that old patina that would have been destroyed if I had sanded the shit out of them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how is the house coming? told my wife about your project last month and she asked me to ask you.

oh yeah, i was born in wildwood, if you didn't already know.

she wants to see pics too. HGTV, she loves it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    how is the house coming? told my wife about your project last month and she asked me to ask you.

oh yeah, i was born in wildwood, if you didn't already know.

she wants to see pics too. HGTV, she loves it.
    The house is coming along nicely. My next big project is to refinish the floors in the living room/dining room to match the rest of the house. I'm staining them dark walnut.

Go to http://hagbardceline.myphotoalbum.com/ to see photos of the project.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    I read that blog everyday and everyday I see a little of myself in every post. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The house is coming along nicely. My next big project is to refinish the floors in the living room/dining room to match the rest of the house. I'm staining them dark walnut.

Go to http://hagbardceline.myphotoalbum.com/ to see photos of the project.
    It's looking good! Seems you have a bit of help, feeding them out of a crockpot I see!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I read that blog everyday and everyday I see a little of myself in every post. I don't know if that's good or bad.
    It means that you like to build wealth instead of asking whitey to give it to you.