Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I propose a stance of fighting for your autonomy within the system itself, and if leaving the system is preferred then the roadmap should be clear and public. We got neither.
Are you serious ??

The whole direction the EU is taking is one of chipping AWAY at autonomy !! Laws are always being passed in their version of a Parliament, laws meant to supersede more 'local' ones in force in individual Nation States. Add to that the 'independent' workings of their Human Rights commission ....

Good God. Have you no conception of the everyday workings of the EU ?? Why do you think they have an EU Parliament, if it isn't to exercise control over their Member States ??

Are you aware what the British government guidelines are for businesses that expect to trade etc with Ireland in the event of a ‘no deal’?
No, nor do I much care. No doubt it's all meant to meet a 'worst case' scenario. Besides, since southern Ireland will remain an EU State, no doubt they'll dream up ways to be awkward that haven't even been thought of yet.

The EU Parliament may in any case think up new restrictive practices that Ireland will be expected to obey ....

Call them as you please, but accept atleast that it was the Remain side that were spouting how difficult the leaving process would be.
.... and, they still are. What's the title of this thread, h'mm ?

In any case, the Remain side was all about keeping us being dictated to by the EU. Perhaps the 'Remain' side understood what control freaks the EU are .. ?

Not if getting to the destination cripples the country along the way (I know I know - Doomsday Naysayers etc).
There we have it .. proof of how much you DO care about the 'destination', after all.

Quite.

I'm reminded of Hitler's takeover of other European countries. Does it occur to you that your argument is an equivalent of telling Resistance fighters not to fight ? Consider the chaos they might cause !!!