Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Uh oh, just passed by and Mrs. Jim is reading this thread. She said something about if I wasn't nice she was going to login and tell everyone all kinds of stories. I guess I'm a hypochondriac at times and am a Momma's boy when I get injured. Either way, listen to nothing the woman says if she joins, it's all lies!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Looks like a bite, though it could also be an abscess.

I worked with a woman who got a similar random spot on her cheek, turned out it was an abscess, and left a (tiny) scar like a hole in her cheek. Def worth getting it checked out.
    Look who's back!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trying out Mozilla Jim

Originally Posted by Robert A Whit

Why don't you pretend you are her best friend for 21 days and see if she warms up.
    I suspect that at the moment, it would be pretending but the alternative may cover you with zits.

Why 21 days? That's MUCH too long!
    Well Jim, I watched on TV a program saying it takes 21 days for the pretending to be a habit.

Try to recall that at one point, she actually happily married you. Now you need to fix what changed. And get her to try it also.

Well, I am on Moxilla as you suggested. I see the red underline but it is not self fixing as Word does for me. Mozilla so it does know the right spelling.

I am flummoxed at what happened to all my former bookmarks I checked where I was to to bring over book marks. I have to get back to IE to see my book marks.

I did manage to put this forum on Mozilla. I dunno, so far, a lot of work it looks like to me.

If you know a tip, let me know how to get all of my bookmarks into Mozilla.
    Last edited by Robert A Whit; 02-16-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    Well Jim, I watched on TV a program saying it takes 21 days for the pretending to be a habit.

Try to recall that at one point, she actually happily married you. Now you need to fix what changed. And get her to try it also.

Well, I am on Moxilla as you suggested. I see the red underline but it is not self fixing as Word does for me. Mozilla so it does know the right spelling.

I am flummoxed at what happened to all my former bookmarks I checked where I was to to bring over book marks. I have to get back to IE to see my book marks.

I did manage to put this forum on Mozilla. I dunno, so far, a lot of work it looks like to me.

If you know a tip, let me know how to get all of my bookmarks into Mozilla.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    An abscess? How the hell would I have gotten that?
    It would just be a bacterial infection that got into a skin pore (you can see some larger open ones around your eyes)

However having shown the pic to my gf (who's all medically inclined) she said bite, and then kinda shot down my abscess idea by saying that abscesses don't itch ^,^;
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Uh oh, just passed by and Mrs. Jim is reading this thread. She said something about if I wasn't nice she was going to login and tell everyone all kinds of stories. I guess I'm a hypochondriac at times and am a Momma's boy when I get injured. Either way, listen to nothing the woman says if she joins, it's all lies!
    Now I want her to join just to spill the beans on all sorts of things for joyous entertainment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    It would just be a bacterial infection that got into a skin pore (you can see some larger open ones around your eyes)

However having shown the pic to my gf (who's all medically inclined) she said bite, and then kinda shot down my abscess idea by saying that abscesses don't itch ^,^;
    See, another one with the bite theory. She's a smart one, Noir, hang onto her!

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    Now I want her to join just to spill the beans on all sorts of things for joyous entertainment.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Looks like spider bite to me. I hate when they drop down from the ceiling and land on me! Eeeek!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

See, another one with the bite theory. She's a smart one, Noir, hang onto her!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    Ok then she can just PM me everything for future blackmail fodder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

5 days since I started this thread and it's now turned black on me. That's generally a sign of death, as in dead skin. The swelling in the eye area has subsided a bit though. If any blackness should spread I would immediately get to a doctor. Hell, still could just be acne, but I personally never had a zit turn black. And it has "growth" to it, but not a fluid feeling, but still a thick feeling like what a mosquito bite feels like for a bit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Jim. Not trying to scare you but. I had something just like that on my right shoulder several months ago. It only grew slightly larger than what your photo shows. My doctor removed it...made a small incision to remove it. Saved it for the Lab to investigate, and learned it was a Melanoma from too much sun, many years ago. He removed all of it at a second visit, and it is now just a scar.

Sun damage to the skin is common, and it IS easily removed if handled quickly. Not to worry. But I would suggest you visit your Doctor.
    What you have probably won't do anything more than get a dark scab, but it can go deeper into your skin. Let the doc remove it.
    Seriously. It doesn't look like a Bite now.

Up to you. But today. Anyone, from children to older people like myself...for example John McCain...who also had the same thing on his left cheek a few years ago. IT IS TREATABLE...and should be removed.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, thanks Glock!!!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't know how I missed Glock posting that. I EFFING HATE SPIDERS!! Just looking at that thing made my hair stand on end. I don't know if that vid is real or a setup, but that's why I don't get to close to those sneaky bastards. Get a 6 foot broom and swing at it like Babe Ruth!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't know how I missed Glock posting that. I EFFING HATE SPIDERS!! Just looking at that thing made my hair stand on end. I don't know if that vid is real or a setup, but that's why I don't get to close to those sneaky bastards. Get a 6 foot broom and swing at it like Babe Ruth!
    Between the writing below the video, and watching it again, I'm afraid it's real. And if that was me, first off, I never would try that, but if it were me, and that thing fell on me, I would have ran straight through a wall or window. No joking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Sassy, the first time I saw that was at my favorite Thai restaurant with my wife and daughter. We are waiting for our order and my daughter shows me that video on her smart phone. I nearly jumped out my seat and the manager, who knows me by name, ran over and thought I was having a stroke or something.
    Last edited by glockmail; 02-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.