Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I backed off the commie rhetoric back there in post 60, although it felt strange to self censor my true political thoughts for the benefit of a group of righties who are offended by commie rhetoric. I see that you are now asking me if I labeled you a commie, and I'd love to give you an answer. If you quote what exactly I said that made you wonder if I labeled you as a commie, I am confident that I can clear it up.
    For a guy that likes to dabble in semantics you sure let THAT rhetorical question zoom right over. I can clear it right up for you -- you did not call me directly a commie. Not your style. The inference is there. So's the humor in it for me.

I am sorry that you and I have come to this point. I am doing what I can to reestablish that I respect the majority of this community, including self censoring my commie rhetoric for awhile, but I certainly cannot be forced to do much more self censoring of my genuine political thoughts out of fear of being black balled by the community. You and I as righties simply do not function like that. I would hope that you would not be interested in discouraging a fellow righty from expressing his genuine political opinion.

If you are going to take kathianne's side of our spat without actually vetting it, then you and I may have less in common than I thought. I get that you and many others are intolerant of my genuine political opinion that the current mask culture is supporting commie culture, and that many of you interpret this as meaning that I am calling mask culture members commies, but the fact here is that I have NEVER called anybody on this site a lefty or a commie. In fact, I have repetitively complimented most members as a group and individually. Right here on this thread too.
    Shall we play YOUR game? Where is it that I have directed you to self-censor or told you what you can and cannot say for that matter? I believe I have told you at least once, if not more you are free to do as you please. followed by suggestions? Sound about right?

Everyone sees your inferences for what they are, so don't with that one. Just as everyone sees your condescension with a smile and a pat on the back for what it is. Did you think you walked into a bowl of cherries? You're not the first at this game, nor the best. Just another.

I've already solved your mask issue for you. You've spent how many threads and pages on you"mask culture" when, IIFC, I pointed out that to my knowledge no one here that wears a mask has the option of choice. That would render your arguments moot.

And yes, if you thought you were going to come on here and make my decisions for me then you got me all wrong. I don't need ANYONE telling me what to do, including YOU. I think for myself and if we disagree you'll just have to get over it because I don't give a shit one way or the other.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've already solved your mask issue for you. You've spent how many threads and pages on you"mask culture" when, IIFC, I pointed out that to my knowledge no one here that wears a mask has the option of choice. That would render your arguments moot.
    We have zero choice here in NY or you get a ticket or arrested. I didn't make the rules, laws or mandates. But I started with the mask long before that. And I recall when the mandate announcements started happening, I was fully prepared and locked and loaded already - because of my OWN due diligence.

And if it's OK for contractors and so many other workers in fields that need them, to protect them from all kinds of hazardous materials - then my life is just as important to protect.

I've heard from far too many about how various folks NEED them because they magically work for them - but we puny citizens with rights, well we're just too stupid to do so. No thank you, I know quite well how to shave and wear one and check the seal properly, and ensure the seal throughout and to be aware for forms of wear and tear or other reasons to discard one.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    We have zero choice here in NY or you get a ticket or arrested. I didn't make the rules, laws or mandates. But I started with the mask long before that. And I recall when the mandate announcements started happening, I was fully prepared and locked and loaded already - because of my OWN due diligence.

And if it's OK for contractors and so many other workers in fields that need them, to protect them from all kinds of hazardous materials - then my life is just as important to protect.

I've heard from far too many about how various folks NEED them because they magically work for them - but we puny citizens with rights, well we're just too stupid to do so. No thank you, I know quite well how to shave and wear one and check the seal properly, and ensure the seal throughout and to be aware for forms of wear and tear or other reasons to discard one.
    HOnestly, I think I covered all this before our newest contributor decided to make a major issue of it.

I DON'T like the government telling me what to do. I've often wondered how I made it 21 years in the Corps. However, if what the government is telling me to do makes sense or I was going to do it on my own anyway, that would NOT be the point where I decide to make my stand against the US Government and its do-nothing, kindergarten politics.

And when someone else's life could be on the line and I have no play in that someone's game? I sure as Hell don't want the responsibility for telling them what to do and killing them. Been down THAT road and it ain't nice.

Besides @jimnyc, if I was going to get all mask gung ho then I'd have to find out what kind you have so I could get a better one and wave it at you
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have a new mask. It’s turquoise with sea turtles on it. It’s cute and non-threatening. I like it.

And @Gunny , the turtles are all swimming in the same direction, so I’m happy with that.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I have a new mask. It’s turquoise with sea turtles on it. It’s cute and non-threatening. I like it.

And @Gunny , the turtles are all swimming in the same direction, so I’m happy with that.
    Turtles are ok, sloths are better! LOL! Anything, as long as it's not fish!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Turtles are ok, sloths are better! LOL! Anything, as long as it's not fish!

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

As they should be. Adrift Turtles just wouldn't do :}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

As they should be. Adrift Turtles just wouldn't do :}

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Besides @jimnyc, if I was going to get all mask gung ho then I'd have to find out what kind you have so I could get a better one and wave it at you
    I have a few of the better N95, but I'm thrilled with these N998 masks! Not only better filtration, but 10x more comfortable wearing than others I have used. I love 'em. But still wouldn't want to wear for longer than I need to.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have a few of the better N95, but I'm thrilled with these N998 masks! Not only better filtration, but 10x more comfortable wearing than others I have used. I love 'em. But still wouldn't want to wear for longer than I need to.

Where can I find those? The mask I wore yesterday (plain with a filter I put inside) was making me claustrophobic.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

We have zero choice here in NY or you get a ticket or arrested. ...
    I don't want to get too far from the political propaganda point that I am trying to establish, but I realize I have not addressed the point that you made here about no choice. On that note, I'd like to ask you to imagine the eerie sound of an air raid siren going off for a moment. Mayors and governors who are drunk on power right now are telling you that you must comply with their totalitarian orders? Zero choice? Forget our unique perceptions of the pandemic dangers for a moment and think about what exactly "no choice" really means. My fellow righty, please keep your eyes open for ANY chance to completely destroy anything that stands in the way of our freedom. If they can take away your choice to NOT wear a mask, they can certainly take away your choice to wear one too. It is an emergency that we put a spectacular end to whatever is standing in the way of choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't want to get too far from the political propaganda point that I am trying to establish, but I realize I have not addressed the point that you made here about no choice. On that note, I'd like to ask you to imagine the eerie sound of an air raid siren going off for a moment. Mayors and governors who are drunk on power right now are telling you that you must comply with their totalitarian orders? Zero choice? Forget our unique perceptions of the pandemic dangers for a moment and think about what exactly "no choice" really means. My fellow righty, please keep your eyes open for ANY chance to completely destroy anything that stands in the way of our freedom. If they can take away your choice to NOT wear a mask, they can certainly take away your choice to wear one too. It is an emergency that we put a spectacular end to whatever is standing in the way of choice.
    You may do better if jumping on incorrectness coming from the medical politicians. Or other factors that can be disproved. For example, too many out there think a plain surgical mask or bandana will stop one from breathing in the virus. There are political agendas at play here and I agree with that much. But you're jumping on a known safety item as 100% useless is most cases. Whereas in most cases they give assurance and guarantee that they block out a certain amount.

And if there was an air raid, and I see smoke or gas, I would likely put on a full face respirator! And I would still make ALL my medical decisions based on science and facts.

IF I were to see advice from a politician or media twitnit, the 1st thing I do is my due diligence. If medical related, the 1st thing I do is find all the studies from around the world, and make my decisions based on my own findings. I wouldn't be going to huffington post or breitbart for confirmation. I would find proven and true studies that were peer reviewed.

The very fact that you think for a moment that I am some commie is delusional. Thinking I am some form of lefty is nuts. Thinking I fall for their propaganda BS only means you don't know me well yet, and that's cool. IF you did, you would likely agree on those points and that it's crazy to think that about a far right wing chicken hawk who prefers nukes to the middle east instead of diplomacy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The very fact that you think for a moment that I am some commie is delusional. Thinking I am some form of lefty is nuts. Thinking I fall for their propaganda BS only means you don't know me well yet, and that's cool. IF you did, you would likely agree on those points and that it's crazy to think that about a far right wing chicken hawk who prefers nukes to the middle east instead of diplomacy.
    I was not aware until now that we had this problem. I've known for a couple days that Gunny has been holding a similar position, but I did not realize that we did. Below is what I posted to Gunny, and I extend the same invitation to you. Perhaps we could have a separate thread with you, me and Gunny that is intended to put this to rest. It doesn't seem right that I can't have access to the charges against me in this community, and it doesn't sound right for me to be asserting or implying that members who I do not suspect as being commies are in fact commies.

Here is what I posted to Gunny:

I suspect that you and I may have some similar political positions, and I suspect we could have interesting discussions. Our channel for communication is clogged up pretty bad with this notion that I think you are a commie, that I have called you a commie, or that I have implied that you are a commie. I recognize that your claim to my guilt apparently relies upon the notion that I did not directly say that you are a commie, but if we are to clear the air, I think it would be reasonable for me to request a quote of what exactly gave you the impression that I implied that you specifically are a commie. I would like to either apologize or clear the air, depending on what it is that you are holding against me. If you would like to start a separate thread on this I am open, but I would like it to be done out in the open since I apparently have wronged you right here in the open.
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-30-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

You surely don't want to get too far from your propaganda and beating a dead horse. We all have a "choice" to violate the law most days at multiple times and choose not to. Why? The possible gain isn't worth the possible punishment/fine.

When I decide to defy the law it's going to be worth it. Not over your political agenda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You surely don't want to get too far from your propaganda and beating a dead horse. We all have a "choice" to violate the law most days at multiple times and choose not to. Why? The possible gain isn't worth the possible punishment/fine.

When I decide to defy the law it's going to be worth it. Not over your political agenda.
    There's a chance that it may not work, but not because of them being ineffective or defective - but rather because no virus present. But that doesn't mean they don't work or they are useless. It means exactly what was written. So at a bare minimum someone gets peace of mind while in an enclosed space knowing that IF the virus is present that their mask is most likely not allowing it into your body. And IF it IS present, I may have just saved my life, or the life of a loved one if I bring it back home.

No one can guarantee lowering the chances or that the virus isn't present. Gimme a vaccine and I'll go without a mask. Gimme local hospitals and clinics reporting severely diminished numbers for 2-3 weeks straight and then I'll think about not wearing the mask.

For a few minutes of wearing it, I get that peace of mind and guarantee of minimization, and potentially save $500-1000 dollars or a few months with Bubba.