Hey Drummond!

Folks do have a choice to get them or not - it's just that you NEED them in certain circumstances. For example, at school - a MAJOR shared environment, when parents sign up their children, one of the first things they ask for is doctor paperwork showing various shots that were given and the dates. I'm ALL for that. The health of the majority in those cases should prevail.

It's just that if you DON'T get them done, then schools for one won't let you register, and understandable. There are various other reasons/places that will also ask for these records. If folks choose not to vaccinate, then they are perhaps giving up their abilities to go certain places and register at some places. Usually shared environment type places. A lot of it is even more important if the children or even adults are traveling abroad to countries where these diseases aren't treated properly and vaccinations aren't the same as in the US - so folks need to not only ensure their own regular vaccinations have been done - but man get all kinds of additional shots when preparing to go to places in Africa, for example. Otherwise, they are much more likely to get infected when traveling to such places. My friend traveled to India once too and told me he get a bevy of shots so he didn't get all kinds of fevers I never even heard of! LOL

BUT, I agree with a man/woman's rights to be in charge of what goes in their own bodies, and not by force. And it remains so. But at the end of the day, if one does enough research, while there may be a fair amount of anti-vaxxer sites and other things you can find out that people are afraid of - and you'll find about 75,000% more information that shows what it does and protects and the lives its saved over the years, and what often happens to those who choose against. Read, learn, inform ones self - and then make the educated choice. But I think all proper avenues of research will lead on to the doc to get those vaccinations.