Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default I don't understand abortions...

Well, I understand them, but only for certain reasons. What I don't understand, are those that use it as birth control, which is far too many of them. Why can't women and their partners do the things I always suggest? Why is it so so hard when it's also a human's life on the line?

Personal responsibility, why so little? Whether you're 13 years old or 65, why is it so hard to plan appropriately? There are so many ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, but then endless amounts end up in an abortion clinic for an unwanted pregnancy.

The overall question is simple, why can't folks use their personal responsibility and lower the abortion numbers? Is it just that folks have overall poor responsibility, regardless of age, or just when it comes to a pregnancy?

The first one that comes to mind and perhaps the cheapest - a condom. Why can't folks use a condom and what, 90+% of pregnancies are avoided right there? Oh, you say it doesn't feel as good? So you would rather take an unborn life for a little while of pleasure?

Same goes with a woman taking the pill. It IS HER BODY after all, right? Rather than snuffing a life out, why not plan a visit with a doctor and get the pill? I know not all women qualify, but a LOT do. Why so hard?

Abstinence? Yeah, I know, laughable in today's society. But it works pretty well. And it's probably something that parents should teach their children, even if it doesn't work. And of course, teach them and embed in them personal responsibility.

Patch, sponge, ring? Pills, shot, implant? And more likely. Many options if someone is willing to take the time and responsibility with their own lives. But then complain down the road that "It's my body" and choose an abortion?

Vasectomy? Why not? If married or about to, and do not want a child, and know it will end up with an "unwanted pregnancy" and an abortion clinic - then why not?

There are an endless amount of options and ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. They all involve a little bit of responsibility though. Is that really too much to ask? I mean, if you don't, you're going to end up at a doctor anyway it sounds.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Except in cases of rape or incest, abortions to me are murder - period.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Well, I understand them, but only for certain reasons. What I don't understand, are those that use it as birth control, which is far too many of them. Why can't women and their partners do the things I always suggest? Why is it so so hard when it's also a human's life on the line?

Personal responsibility, why so little? Whether you're 13 years old or 65, why is it so hard to plan appropriately? There are so many ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, but then endless amounts end up in an abortion clinic for an unwanted pregnancy.

The overall question is simple, why can't folks use their personal responsibility and lower the abortion numbers? Is it just that folks have overall poor responsibility, regardless of age, or just when it comes to a pregnancy?

The first one that comes to mind and perhaps the cheapest - a condom. Why can't folks use a condom and what, 90+% of pregnancies are avoided right there? Oh, you say it doesn't feel as good? So you would rather take an unborn life for a little while of pleasure?

Same goes with a woman taking the pill. It IS HER BODY after all, right? Rather than snuffing a life out, why not plan a visit with a doctor and get the pill? I know not all women qualify, but a LOT do. Why so hard?

Abstinence? Yeah, I know, laughable in today's society. But it works pretty well. And it's probably something that parents should teach their children, even if it doesn't work. And of course, teach them and embed in them personal responsibility.

Patch, sponge, ring? Pills, shot, implant? And more likely. Many options if someone is willing to take the time and responsibility with their own lives. But then complain down the road that "It's my body" and choose an abortion?

Vasectomy? Why not? If married or about to, and do not want a child, and know it will end up with an "unwanted pregnancy" and an abortion clinic - then why not?

There are an endless amount of options and ways to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. They all involve a little bit of responsibility though. Is that really too much to ask? I mean, if you don't, you're going to end up at a doctor anyway it sounds.
    You have the answer. And the solution. Now get everyone to listen to them.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No prevention method that involves sex is 100% effective.

Are there statistics available for how many abortions are carried out when no method of birth control has been used, as you imply that is high.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post

Are there statistics available for how many abortions are carried out when no method of birth control has been used, as you imply that is high.
    No one said they were. But I'm willing to be a nickel or 2, that if they were ALL used, in one way or another, as to what is best suited for everyone in the situation - that a LOT of unborn babies lives would have been saved.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

No one said they were. But I'm willing to be a nickel or 2, that if they were ALL used, in one way or another, as to what is best suited for everyone in the situation - that a LOT of unborn babies lives would have been saved.
    I’d say the most common pairing is condom and the pill, the chances of each failing together are low...but when you multiply that by millions the lowness still accounts for a significant figure.

As a mentioned in my last post - without numbers to support that abortions are being intentionally used in place of other forms of contraception then any further conjecture has little real world application.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I’d say the most common pairing is condom and the pill, the chances of each failing together are low...but when you multiply that by millions the lowness still accounts for a significant figure.

As a mentioned in my last post - without numbers to support that abortions are being intentionally used in place of other forms of contraception then any further conjecture has little real world application.

That is conjecture on your part. Other stats will prove you wrong. You are making excuses again and cannot back them with Fact.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don’t have any reported numbers, but I will say this, based on what I recall:
    The failure rate with the pill is around 1%
    Others like IUD, maybe sponges, condoms, are around 3%
    Plus or minus a tad

With such low numbers, but so many abortions, it seems logical to conclude that most abortions are not the result of failed contraception. Add into the mix how hard it can be to stop, and voila.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

And along comes Noir with another exception as argument. What a surprise.

Agreed. Everybody's rubber doesn't break as Noir's fantasy would suggest.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Call me crazy for being old, and sounding stupid, but..

It seems to me, after many years of reading, and observing what Democrats (primarily) admire about ROE V. WADE, is...like the Old KKK controlled DNC, and Democrat party. Democrats from the South (the real racists), used ROE V. WADE as a secret method to Prevent, and Inhibit the growth of the Black members of society.

Think about it. Democrats seem to condone ABORTIONS, as well as BLACK, ON BLACK Murders that pit Blacks against Blacks, and the majority of the Abortions taking place....seem to have HIGHER numbers in the Black neighborhoods....ALL OF WHOM....Democrats silently seem to support, and refuse to correct.

My thoughts are. If DEMS can't get Blacks to vote for them. WHY NOT just allow them to Kill each other, or MURDER their babies before they become old enough to understand DEMOCRATS only want them for ONE thing....VOTES.

Just My Opinion. Dumb as some will insist it sounds. Want to learn for yourself. Study the LBJ days.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I don’t have any reported numbers, but I will say this, based on what I recall:
    The failure rate with the pill is around 1%
    Others like IUD, maybe sponges, condoms, are around 3%
    Plus or minus a tad

With such low numbers, but so many abortions, it seems logical to conclude that most abortions are not the result of failed contraception. Add into the mix how hard it can be to stop, and voila.
    A number like 1% is low, until it is applied to a significant group.

If 100,000 people in your town are having protected sex with only a 1% chance of fertilisation - that’s means a potential of 100 unwanted pregnancies. Obvs it’s best to combine protection methods and good sex education to minimise these events - but again when multiplied over a country of hundreds of millions (and not even accounting for events like rape etc) the number will still be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    That is conjecture on your part. Other stats will prove you wrong. You are making excuses again and cannot back them with Fact.
    I literally asked for stats in my post. If you have them and they prove me wrong please post them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

If 100,000 people in your town are having protected sex with only a 1% chance of fertilisation - that’s means a potential of 100 unwanted pregnancies. Obvs it’s best to combine protection methods and good sex education to minimise these events - but again when multiplied over a country of hundreds of millions (and not even accounting for events like rape etc) the number will still be significant.

I think a lot of pro-life folks would be pretty grateful if abortions were limited to true contraception failures, rapes and incest, and life of the mother. Regardless of the truth of your point, I believe the numbers of abortions would drop tremendously.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I literally asked for stats in my post. If you have them and they prove me wrong please post them.
    That is bullshit and you know it. No one is required to prove the obvious. Now you want to play semantics with numbers. Now you think you're the MSM, huh?

The World doesn't slant your way, Noir. The OBVIOUS fact minus Noir subterfuge/obfuscation is a lack of personal responsibility on the user end. It's that obvious and that simple and no amount of smoke is going to change it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I personally believe the number of abortions will decrease when everyone is convinced that life starts at conception. It's too easy to opt for abortion when told the fetus is not alive. Education of reality is best birth control.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

18. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I personally believe the number of abortions will decrease when everyone is convinced that life starts at conception. It's too easy to opt for abortion when told the fetus is not alive. Education of reality is best birth control.
    The number of abortions (legal or illegal) will only truly decrease when we move past the need for reproduction by sex, in the coming decades.
    Last edited by Noir; 05-17-2019 at 05:07 PM.