Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I did nothing "aggressive". I most certainly didn't intend to get violent or "pick a fight". It's called freedom of speech.

And now you're going to compare hanging a Confederate Flag to hanging a noose? WOW. Just wow.

Why are you implying that you would shoot me if I flew this flag in your neck of the woods? Do you always get violent with those who fly flags you don't like?

Flying a Confederate flag is a protected form of Freedom of Speech. You admit you do it to make others angry. That is definitely aggressive.

I don't own a gun. Which is a good thing. I have a hot temper. I don't use violence, but I can get mouthy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post
    Flying a Confederate flag is a protected form of Freedom of Speech. You admit you do it to make others angry. That is definitely aggressive.

I don't own a gun. Which is a good thing. I have a hot temper. I don't use violence, but I can get mouthy.
    I don't own a gun either. I'm irresponsible and admit it. There are a lot of fuckers out there I would like to shoot! Slow drivers in left lane, people paying at the drive-thru with nothing but change, the idiots wearing their pants only covering half their ass, obese women wearing bikini's.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't own a gun either. I'm irresponsible and admit it. There are a lot of fuckers out there I would like to shoot! Slow drivers in left lane, people paying at the drive-thru with nothing but change, the idiots wearing their pants only covering half their ass, obese women wearing bikini's.
    sounds like a good arguement against ZIMMERMANS claim of "he did nothing wrong"
    I DONT CLAIM TO KN0OW ANYTHING ABOUT HUMAN NATURE
    N
    OIR DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl View Post
    sounds like a good arguement against ZIMMERMANS claim of "he did nothing wrong"
    Now what 'n the hell did my post have to do with Zimmerman?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now what 'n the hell did my post have to do with Zimmerman?
    ?
    oh hell, now you are asking me to remember what my thinking process from last night was?
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

?
    oh hell, now you are asking me to remember what my thinking process from last night was?
    I know that feeling all too well!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know that feeling all too well!
    Its a tossup, which I say more
    what the hell were they thinking
    and
    what the hell was I thinking?
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Flying a flag to annoy "people"? LOL? black and liberals. lol. and support some southern kin on the side.
    c'mon Jim, I thought you were about peace and reconciliation. why annoy people on purpose? lol lol.

where's the love?

any wonder why we can't get along politically in the country when we pick at each others wounds for fun and then get upset or wonder when people are "annoyed"? lol

hey here's are a few questions, would anyone here be annoyed if black people or liberal whites start flying black panther flags and posting them on there cars? would it make you feel more or less comfortable? would you wonder if there might be some malice against whites or do you assume that all Black Panthers are racist and agree with everything some Black Panthers do?
    and BTW have the Black Panthers actually hurt anyone? there's a lot of talk but and accusations and threats on both side but have any committed any real violence?

just a few questions that come to mind here. it's free speech right? only Stupid people assume the worse right, Stupid people that don't understand the Black Panthers or the real history.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Song View Post

What does owning a gun have to do with using violence? I own probably a hundred guns, but I only shoot people who REALLY deserve it.

Seriously , are you implying that every gun owner is a nut who would shoot anyone who annoys them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

Flying a flag to annoy "people"? LOL? black and liberals. lol. and support some southern kin on the side.
    c'mon Jim, I thought you were about peace and reconciliation. why annoy people on purpose? lol lol.

where's the love?

any wonder why we can't get along politically in the country when we pick at each others wounds for fun and then get upset or wonder when people are "annoyed"? lol

hey here's are a few questions, would anyone here be annoyed if black people or liberal whites start flying black panther flags and posting them on there cars? would it make you feel more or less comfortable? would you wonder if there might be some malice against whites or do you assume that all Black Panthers are racist and agree with everything some Black Panthers do?
    and BTW have the Black Panthers actually hurt anyone? there's a lot of talk but and accusations and threats on both side but have any committed any real violence?

just a few questions that come to mind here. it's free speech right? only Stupid people assume the worse right, Stupid people that don't understand the Black Panthers or the real history.
    even better would be the nazi swastika
    N

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

YOW! whoah
    you mean like:

The NAZI swastika
    its not about hate it's about heritage.

WW2 really wasn't about the extermination of Jews, the lesser races, the feeble etc..
    It was about the Treaty of Versailles where Europe unfairly treated Germany.... and living space, and Araian pride... If you really knew your history most would get that, and wouldn't be upset by the show of a little proud NAZI heritage Brave souls defending/expanding the homeland... i mean fatherland.

----

yeah that not bad either a bit over the top but yeah.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Posters should not protest too much

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    It's not just the flag. It's the attitude. The attitude of white supremicist bigotry. To many, the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression. It represents those who continue to feel that whites are superior to other ethnic groups.
    In other words, it is the flag of the mainstream Republican party.
    I already knew that history and it's quite accurate. Being from CA, and not trusting mail order in such matters, I found my battle flag of the confederacy during a visit to VA. There I correctly learned the history. Not the history so often misrepresented in CA, my state, but the actual history. Matter of fact, seeing so many battle sites, even Gettysburgh gave me an appreciation for how so few Americans feel the pain, the agony of that war, and prefer to scream bigot or racist at those who do understand the nature of that conflict. PBS aired a couple hours of the death and suffering. Was it actually worth taking the lives of 630,000 men (got this off the war board plaque at Manassas, posted by the US park bureau) just so Lincoln could recover land? My god. Everytime I think that over, I can just see this scene. Some state is tired of Obama running us all around like puppets. They want to leave the union. Obama invades the state using troops. Who would support this?

The support for a super quick was was there. But had the people realized how excellent the troops and officers of the South were, I doubt that the war would commence.

I did learn one new thing in the OP and that being that Sumter was on S. Carolina land. I thought it was on what was called Federal land. I plan to try to get this sourced in one of my books on this topic.

I enjoy true history.

Thanks for the OP.

My battle flag is with my USA flag that few for a short time on the AZ battleship sunk in Pearl harbor but still with a flagpole.

I had lots of family living in the South during that war and my family has no history of owning slaves that I know of.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Flags representing Slavery you claim?

What I find remarkable is that the USA flag flew over slavery far longer than the Confederate flag yet the short lived flag gets the hate but the flag that represented slavery for close to 70 years is loved.

Amazing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Swastica predated Hitlers use of it.

So few try to link the Confederate flag to the Swastica of Germany under Hitler. Actually as I pointed out already, the USA flag we pledge allegiace to represented slavery for something like around 70 years yet we don't hate that flag. We get angry over the flag that represented the South which lasted 4 years roughly, yet the one flag that represented slavery and indeed this nation endorsed slavery in the constitution yet the lips don't commence to flap about that fact.

The Swastica was an old icon. Long before Hitler used it, it had been used earlier on. Somebody can look up the history or else I will. I studied this a long time ago.

I have been to Germany and lived there for about 1-1/3 year. I did my best to get to know them. I heard first hand how terrible life was for the Germans and Austrians following WWI.

What democrat knows his history about Keynes (English economist) to realize he was part of the traty of Versaille? That he had remorse over that treaty that dumped the Germans into the economy that made the great depression seem to be fun.

I would spend time at the home of a family who lost everything to the Soviets after the end of WW2. They told me of people eating trash trying to remain living.

I saw war damage done during WW2.

I can't give you the feeling I got when I was at the Berlin Wall prior to it falling and seeing many photos on the wall with the deceased story told on small plaques. Each person only wanted freedom. When Obama slammed us with Obama care, darned if it did not bring back to me memories of being in East Berlin living live where they got told what to do and when.

With Obama, perhaps we can also experience such a life.

Imagine it's a very busy warm Sunday and upon leaving the massive crowds in West Berlin by simply crossing the wall into East Berlin, it looked like it was abandoned. I could have fired a rifle down those large avenues and had a hard time hitting anybody.

Imagine Looking down the streets of Ny City and seeing maybe 1 of those old Checker taxi cabs.

East Berlin had some troops wandering around that I think came from perhaps Poland but did not have many people walking about. When I got back into West Berlin, suddenly the crowds were there. Amazing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with the Rebel Flag....

confedbikini1.jpg
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America