Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Biden Is Playing The Blame Game

The democrats are pros at the blame game. Surprised it wasn't somehow even "Bush did it".

---

Biden Is Playing The Blame Game, But His Culpability In Afghanistan Stretches Over A Decade

President Joe Biden blamed former President Donald Trump and the Afghan government for his administration’s ongoing disastrous withdrawal from America’s longest war, but Biden has been culpable for over a decade.

Biden addressed the nation Monday regarding the Taliban’s overthrow of the Afghan government, which took just a matter of days instead of the months the administration previously predicted. Americans were treated to images of U.S. forces scrambling to evacuate citizens and Afghan allies as the Taliban took over the Afghan capital of Kabul throughout Monday. But while Biden tried to shift blame for the withdrawal, he was in favor of the war in Afghanistan from its outset, and even served as vice president during its apex.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/17/j...ul-withdrawal/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Pentagon Claims Kabul Airport Clear amid Reports of Taliban Beating Women and Childre

I think they knew the likelihood of this taking place in Afghanistan, and they just said fu** it and went with it anyway and ignored the fallout. ANd that fallout is still growing.

---

Pentagon Claims Kabul Airport Clear amid Reports of Taliban Beating Women and Children

Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM), released a statement Tuesday that said Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul has been secured and is once again open to civilian air traffic.

McKenzie warned the Taliban not to interfere with U.S. evacuation efforts and threatened to respond to any attack with “overwhelming force.” Reports nevertheless flooded in of Taliban fighters blocking access to the airport and brutalizing men, women, and children who tried to get past their checkpoints.

McKenzie said he personally evaluated the situation at the airport and is satisfied with “the work our forces are doing to efficiently operate the airfield while ensuring the safe movement of civilians and diplomats who are leaving Kabul.”

The CENTCOM chief said it was safe to resume civilian operations at the airport, with due caution, and warned Taliban leaders not to interfere:

U.S. military air traffic controllers and ground handlers are rapidly scaling up operations to ensure the smooth flow of military reinforcements to the airport and the evacuation of U.S. and partner civilians in coordination with our State Department colleagues.

Currently, the airfield is secure and now open to civilian air traffic operating under visual flight rules.

In meetings with Taliban senior leaders in Doha on Sunday, I cautioned them against interference in our evacuation, and made it clear to them that any attack would be met with overwhelming force in the defense of our forces.
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...-and-children/

We Told Him: Deep State Intelligence Turns on Joe Biden After Afghanistan Failure

Intelligence agencies are pushing back Wednesday against the White House narrative that the sudden fall of Afghanistan to the Taliban caught the administration off guard.

The New York Times reports intelligence sources who claimed by July their reports seriously questioned the Afghan military’s ability to resist the Taliban, even as Biden was telling reporters at the White House that it was unlikely that the government would fall.

“The likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely,” he said July 8th.

While even the intelligence agencies could not have predicted the nearly immediate collapse of the Afghanistan government, Biden failed to acknowledge growing concerns from analysts in the Summer.

A White House official pushed back against the intelligence narrative, noting Biden and his team never got a “high confidence” level warning of a complete military collapse in Afghanistan.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...istan-failure/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Note the use of syntax. The McKenzie says the airport is clear. The beatings and such are happening on the way to the airport.

McKenzie does NOT say the way to the airport is clear.

He's probably planning on running for office when he retires

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Boris Johnson: West Could Recognise Taliban as Legit Afghan Govt if They...

IMO - It's still insane in my head going forward with thoughts of recognizing the Taliban.

But hell, likely a lot lot cheaper to go this route.

Yup, all forgotten, all so quickly.

---

Boris Johnson: West Could Recognise Taliban as Legit Afghan Govt if They Protect ‘Human Rights and Inclusivity’

The United Kingdom continues its public push to persuade the Islamist warlords of the Taliban to follow up their de facto defeat of the West in Afghanistan by pivoting to becoming a moderate organisation protecting human rights and pursuing inclusive policies.

Top British political figures have been pushing home — since the expensively cultivated Afghan government evaporated over the weekend — the notion that if the Taliban conforms to Western values then it could be recognised as a legitimate world government, with the benefits that entail. Prime Minister Boris Johnson followed the defence and foreign secretaries in his new remarks, where he revealed the kinds of behaviour he expected from the Taliban in return for recognition.

The prime minister spoke to his Pakistani counterpart on Tuesday night about the Afghanistan situation, and following the conversation, a Downing Street spokesman noted Mr Johnson had said on the call that “any legitimacy of any future Taliban government will be subject to them upholding internationally agreed standards on human rights and inclusivity”, ITV reports.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...human-rights/#

9. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The Big Picture...Done!,,,Now hides and runs from questions of reporters..
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 08-18-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Wasn't that the issue with recognizing the Taliban as the Afghan government prior to 2001? That's all well and good except the Taliban didn't care then. There's no reason to believe they will now. Doesn't seem like they've changed much.

I have no problem with PM Johnson laying it out. Let's face it: somebody has to take the lead in the absence of a President in the United States.

12. Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Note the use of syntax. The McKenzie says the airport is clear. The beatings and such are happening on the way to the airport.

McKenzie does NOT say the way to the airport is clear.

He's probably planning on running for office when he retires

Please explain what that has got to do with the price of Raspberries .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    ---------

I have no problem with PM Johnson laying it out. Let's face it: somebody has to take the lead in the absence of a President in the United States.

Very good .

What does that translate to in English ?

Where did he lay it out ? Exactly how did he do it ?

Come on Gunny . Give us a meaningful comment .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Biden Gets Defensive When Confronted on Afghanistan

There's gonna be more talk about his fitness to lead again after this. He's just a walking disaster, IMO. He can't remember 5 seconds ago.

---

Biden Gets Defensive When Confronted on Afghanistan, Incorrectly Says Chaos at Airport Was ‘Four Days Ago, Five Days Ago’

President Joe Biden incorrectly said on Wednesday that Afghans falling off U.S. military planes was “four days ago, five days ago,” when it was two days ago as the Taliban has taken over the Afghan capital of Kabul.

In a preview of his first interview following the fall of Afghanistan, Biden was asked by ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, “Look at what’s happened over the last week. Was it a failure of intelligence, planning, execution or judgement?”

“Look, it was a simple choice, George,” replied Biden.

“When you had the government of Afghanistan, the leader of that government,” said Biden, referring to Ashraf Ghani, “getting in a plane and taking off and going to another country, when you saw the significant collapse of the Afghan troops we have trained, of the 300,000 of them, just leaving their equipment and taking off… that’s what happened. That’s simply what happened.”

The preview then shows Stephanopoulos asking, “But we’ve all seen the pictures, we’ve seen those hundreds of people packed into a C-17. We’ve seen Afghans falling.”

“That was four days ago, five days ago,” said Biden.

“What did you think when you first saw those pictures?” asked Stephanopoulos.

“What I thought was, we have to gain control of this. We have to move this more quickly. We have to move in a way in which we can take control of that airport. And we did,” said Biden.

“So you don’t think this could have been handled — this exit could have been handled better in any way, no mistakes,” asked Stephanopoulos.

“No, I don’t think it could have been handled in a way that, we’re gonna go back in hindsight and look – but the idea that somehow, there’s a way to have gotten out without chaos ensuing, I don’t know how that happens. I don’t know how that happened,” said Biden.

Rest - https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-...five-days-ago/

16. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    There's gonna be more talk about his fitness to lead again after this. He's just a walking disaster, IMO. He can't remember 5 seconds ago.

---

Biden Gets Defensive When Confronted on Afghanistan, Incorrectly Says Chaos at Airport Was ‘Four Days Ago, Five Days Ago’

President Joe Biden incorrectly said on Wednesday that Afghans falling off U.S. military planes was “four days ago, five days ago,” when it was two days ago as the Taliban has taken over the Afghan capital of Kabul.

In a preview of his first interview following the fall of Afghanistan, Biden was asked by ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, “Look at what’s happened over the last week. Was it a failure of intelligence, planning, execution or judgement?”

“Look, it was a simple choice, George,” replied Biden.

“When you had the government of Afghanistan, the leader of that government,” said Biden, referring to Ashraf Ghani, “getting in a plane and taking off and going to another country, when you saw the significant collapse of the Afghan troops we have trained, of the 300,000 of them, just leaving their equipment and taking off… that’s what happened. That’s simply what happened.”

The preview then shows Stephanopoulos asking, “But we’ve all seen the pictures, we’ve seen those hundreds of people packed into a C-17. We’ve seen Afghans falling.”

“That was four days ago, five days ago,” said Biden.

“What did you think when you first saw those pictures?” asked Stephanopoulos.

“What I thought was, we have to gain control of this. We have to move this more quickly. We have to move in a way in which we can take control of that airport. And we did,” said Biden.

“So you don’t think this could have been handled — this exit could have been handled better in any way, no mistakes,” asked Stephanopoulos.

“No, I don’t think it could have been handled in a way that, we’re gonna go back in hindsight and look – but the idea that somehow, there’s a way to have gotten out without chaos ensuing, I don’t know how that happens. I don’t know how that happened,” said Biden.

Rest - https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-...five-days-ago/
    I hate to say this, but Biden does have one legit point: The President did flee and the troops abandon their equipment and run. I don't think many of us even considered that happening. I didn't. That IS f-d up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Talk about Biden's fitness for the job

Some will say this one or that one is nuts. Sure, they are ALL nuts, all these politicians and media folks. But the list goes on and on and far and wide on this one. Long reaching repercussions.

---

Joe Biden ‘utterly unfit’ to be President of the United States

Joe Biden is “utterly unfit” to be President of the United States, according to Sky News host Alan Jones.

“It blows my mind how world leaders like Scott Morrison and Boris Johnson suck up to such an intellectually bereft individual,” he said.

Rest - https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other...coi?li=AAgfYrC

Biden stands by decision to leave Afghanistan; Stefanik says he is ‘unfit’ to be president

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden, facing the biggest political crisis of his term, defended the chaotic withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan amid the rapid collapse of the country’s government, taking responsibility for ending the 20-year war while asserting that the “hard and messy” events of recent days were inevitable.

“I am president of the United States of America, and the buck stops with me,” Biden said in a speech from the White House on Monday afternoon. “I’m deeply saddened by the facts we now face. But I do not regret my decision to end America’s war fighting in Afghanistan.”

While Biden acknowledged that the Taliban’s march into Kabul “did unfold more quickly than we anticipated,” he argued that it validated his decision to end America’s two-decade commitment to Afghanistan.

“American troops cannot — and should not — be fighting in a war, and dying in a war, that the Afghans are not willing to fight for themselves,” Biden said. “We gave them every chance to determine their own future. What we could not provide them was the will to fight for that future.”

Rest - https://www.nny360.com/news/nationan...8e9c46837.html

Senate GOP campaign chairman floats 25th Amendment, probe against Biden

Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), who chairs the Senate GOP campaign arm, is raising the prospect of using the 25th Amendment to remove President Biden from office and calling for a congressional investigation into his handling of Afghanistan.

"After the disastrous events in Afghanistan, we must confront a serious question: Is Joe Biden capable of discharging the duties of his office or has time come to exercise the provisions of the 25th Amendment?" Scott tweeted on Monday.

The idea of removing Biden from office through the 25th Amendment — which allows the vice president and a majority of the Cabinet or a group established by Congress to remove a president by declaring them unfit for office — is a non-starter.

But it marks the latest attempt by former President Trump and some of his closest allies to raise questions about Biden's mental fitness. Other Republicans have warned that personal attacks against Biden risk backfiring.

Rest - https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-against-biden

Republican senators question Biden's fitness for office amid Afghanistan debacle

FIRST ON FOX: Two prominent Republican senators say the botched Afghanistan withdrawal, which has led to thousands of American civilians being trapped in the Taliban-controlled country, should raise questions about President Biden's fitness for office.

Florida Sen. Rick Scott told Fox News that it's time to "ask the serious question of whether Joe Biden is fit to lead our nation as commander in chief," while Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson said that the Afghanistan debacle is further evidence that Biden is "unfit for office."

Scott told Fox News in a statement Wednesday that Biden's "abject failure to execute a strategic withdrawal of American forces has needlessly put innocent American lives in danger."

"This massive failure of leadership cannot be ignored. It is unconscionable that Joe Biden found it acceptable to withdraw our troops before first ensuring the safe evacuation of Americans and our allies."

"Now, as he hides from the American public and the press, it’s clear that we must ask the serious question of whether Joe Biden is fit to lead our nation as commander in chief," Scott continued.

"While our immediate focus remains on the safe return of all Americans and service members, I am also calling for Leader Schumer and Speaker Pelosi to immediately launch a bipartisan and bicameral investigation into the Biden administration’s failed withdrawal."

Johnson noted that he has been "saying since September 2020 that President Biden was unfit for office for a variety of reasons."

Rest - https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...nistan-debacle

The disaster of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan shows that Joe Biden is unfit to be American president

A letter from John Gemmell:

Ben Lowry on Saturday writes powerfully about the possible collapse of Kabul (‘The collapse of Kabul to the Taliban will be seen as a sign of western weakness,’ August 14, see link below).

That collapse could be just days away.

It will, indeed, be seen as a sign of western weakness.

But, above all, this is American weakness, specifically the weakness of Joe Biden.

Donald Trump was unfit to be president. Joe Biden was clearly far more good than bad, although in addition he presented, rather disappointingly, as a frail and slightly incoherent Irish nationalist sympathiser.

I was not too concerned by this, as long as he continued to be more good than bad, in the overall scheme of things.

Yet, he has now unleashed this catastrophe.

The executions will no doubt have already recommenced in Taliban-held territory, the abuse of women is now inevitable, terrorist training camps will spring up again.

The Democrats, who made so much of educating girls in Afghanistan and elsewhere, have delivered a president who has condemned them to a kind of slavery.

Rest - https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/op...sident-3348023

Is Joe Biden mentally fit to be president?

The modern media trend is to make fun of President Trump for his alleged and actual misstatements of fact. You have to go a long way — in this case Sky News in Australia — to find a media outlet willing to make fun of a U.S. liberal Democrat.

The host of a program called “Outsiders,” Rita Panahi, assembled a montage of gaffes and gibberish from former Vice President and Democratic candidate Joe Biden.

The Biden montage makes you ask: Is this guy mentally fit to be president?

Biden supporters might argue the clips are edited, but what makes them formidable, credible — even incredible — is that they appear to reflect Mr. Biden’s speech and thought patterns over many years.

Here are some samples, beginning with his reference to “Super Thursday” (instead of Super Tuesday). Next comes this misstatement during a presidential debate: “150 million people have been killed since 2007 when Bernie (Sanders) voted to exempt the gun manufacturers from liability.”

Rest - https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...xoCb4YQAvD_BwE

And one of the worst of all of the indictments. Biden states he is 100% scot free and bears zero responsibility in all of this.

Biden says he bears ‘zero responsibility' for Afghanistan debacle

The Taliban have retaken 12 provincial Afghanistan capitals following the U.S. military’s secretive overnight withdrawal from Bagram Airfield earlier this year (U.S. officials didn’t even notify the base’s new Afghan commander before silently slipping away, leaving the official to discover for himself, nearly two hours after the fact, that the Americans had Irish Goodbye’d after nearly 20 years of occupation).

Since the May 1 departure, the Taliban have captured 69 of the country's 407 districts, including ones American and Afghan officials previously considered impenetrable government strongholds against the terrorist group. In total, the Taliban hold 142 districts and are fighting for control of roughly 170 more .

Washington is now dispatching an estimated 3,000 combat troops to assist in the evacuation of American personnel from the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, a city that is expected to fall into Taliban hands relatively soon.

But don’t blame these recent developments on the current president of the United States, who ordered the abrupt withdrawal.

President Joe Biden says he bears “zero responsibility” if the Taliban end up retaking the country after 20 years of U.S. engagement and reimpose a regime of terror on the country's residents. The buck stops somewhere else.

Rest - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...nistan-debacle

'I have grave questions about his ability to lead our nation': Obama's Ambassador to Afghanistan Ryan Crocker slams Biden and says his disastrous Afghanistan policy might prove he's unfit to be commander in chief

• Ryan Crocker was appointed ambassador to Afghanistan in 2002 and 2011
    • He said the avoidable nature of the situation is what makes it 'all so sad'
    • Taliban insurgents quickly took over Afghanistan in the final weeks of US pullout
    • Joe Biden's drawdown of US military presence is a continuation of Donald Trump's 2020 peace deal with the Taliban, excluding the Afghan government
    • Crocker blames Biden for keeping up with Trump's decision
    • A Biden adviser blamed Afghan troops for letting Kabul fall, but Crocker said the US effectively 'sold out' the forces that worked with them for 20 years
    • He said the Taliban would be 'meaner and tougher' than they were in 1996

A veteran US diplomat who headed the Kabul embassy twice - including in 2002 soon after it reopened after five years of Taliban rule - said he has 'grave' concerns over President Joe Biden's ability to lead the United States after Afghanistan fell to the insurgent group once again on Sunday.

Former Ambassador to Afghanistan Ryan Crocker on Monday called the Taliban's takeover a predictable 'self-inflicted wound' to US foreign policy.

'That's why this is all so sad,' Crocker said.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-lead-US.html

19. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

If Biden knew anything about leadership, he would just own this and move on. I could at least respect that. Acting like a coward is just making himself look that much worse.

He'll be "unfit for office" when the Democrats decide he is.

21. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juicer66 View Post
    Please explain what that has got to do with the price of Raspberries .
    Try reading the OP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

By the way......

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post