Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Oh no, you didn't Nikoh!

@NT'sGirl @NightTrain

You guys didn't warn me about this!!

Nikoh has developed into a stone cold killer. On her rap sheet now is like 5 squirrels, 3 birds & now a rabbit.

So she caught a rabbit last night and my wife had me go outside with a bunch of roast beef to get it away from me. I don't wanna see that crap, as I like all the animals, hate to see it. But anyway, she had it very well and wasn't parting with it. Absolutely zero interest in the lunch meat no matter what. We tried cornering her but no luck. She is so fast and so strong, you just have no chance if she doesn't want to be caught.

So I lined up again & I just saw her as if she had a 2lb burrito in her mouth, and she just swallowed the thing whole! Everything else she ever got we finally got her to let it go. But this must have tasted like a nice treat to eat.

But to my horror, I was like WTF? You just killed and then swallowed him whole!

I was concerned she may have an issue but they said to just keep an eye out for any issues but otherwise it's just a tasty treat and a great source of protein for her.

And no, Huskies have a VERY HIGH prey drive for smaller animals. They say that you literally cannot really train them out of it, it's just a part of them. So she was just doing what a husky does in the wild and what is built into her.

But dang, for me it was like a 5 minute horror movie! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes icansayit, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Yeah, Northern breeds still have a lot of wolf in them, and there's nothing more enjoyable than a brutal backyard murder. They're completely unrepentant about it.

I'd just plan on Darwin weeding out the stupid and slow animals in your immediate neck of the woods!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yeah, Northern breeds still have a lot of wolf in them, and there's nothing more enjoyable than a brutal backyard murder. They're completely unrepentant about it.

I'd just plan on Darwin weeding out the stupid and slow animals in your immediate neck of the woods!
    I gotta keep reminding myself that. I think Sharon said that Momma husky was only a generation off from a wolf. And Nikoh sure shows sone signs here and there. And the hunting, she is relentless and will hide out or do whatever it takes. Squirrels are her main enemy as they are in the yard non-stop. The rabbits usually drive her bananas on a neighboring lawn, but every now and again one is here. But they are usually fast enough to get away when the chase is on. But they underestimate this dog, as she is very very fast and cunning.

"brutal backyard murder" that's some funny crap.

And worst part is that the Dad from the neighboring lawn of the home behind ours was outside with like 9 kids that were all like 6-12 years old. I don't think they saw anything as there are lots of bushes between us. But Diana kept telling me shhhhhh so as not to alarm others. I know I was horrified to see her running and literally chomping down on the poor thing. If little kids saw that
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    @NT'sGirl

Nikoh has developed into a stone cold killer. On her rap sheet now is like 5 squirrels, 3 birds & now a rabbit.

So she caught a rabbit last night and my wife had me go outside with a bunch of roast beef to get it away from me. I don't wanna see that crap, as I like all the animals, hate to see it. But anyway, she had it very well and wasn't parting with it. Absolutely zero interest in the lunch meat no matter what. We tried cornering her but no luck. She is so fast and so strong, you just have no chance if she doesn't want to be caught.

So I lined up again & I just saw her as if she had a 2lb burrito in her mouth, and she just swallowed the thing whole! Everything else she ever got we finally got her to let it go. But this must have tasted like a nice treat to eat.

I was concerned she may have an issue but they said to just keep an eye out for any issues but otherwise it's just a tasty treat and a great source of protein for her.

And no, Huskies have a VERY HIGH prey drive for smaller animals. They say that you literally cannot really train them out of it, it's just a part of them. So she was just doing what a husky does in the wild and what is built into her.

It can be quite disconcerting to watch ... Pretty much the only way to tame that out of them is to make the so unhealthy fat they can't run so fast.
    My pups can be guilted into letting things go. But Riley not so much. She just enjoys murder. And cuddles,.
    I told you about the battle royal of Thunder our husky VS the full grown wild Tom turkey..the carnage was a beautiful disaster of fur and feather the blood splatter would have put a murder crime scene to shame.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

7. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

@NT'sGirl @NightTrain

At the end of the day, it's no different than you or I going to Burger King and grabbing a Whopper. It's just food as long as they don't eat the neighbor's Yorkie.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    It can be quite disconcerting to watch ... Pretty much the only way to tame that out of them is to make the so unhealthy fat they can't run so fast.
    My pups can be guilted into letting things go. But Riley not so much. She just enjoys murder. And cuddles,.
    I told you about the battle royal of Thunder our husky VS the full grown wild Tom turkey..the carnage was a beautiful disaster of fur and feather the blood splatter would have put a murder crime scene to shame.
    Seems Nikoh and Riley are most similar. I miss her, and my talking buddy Jeep too & of course Milo!

She's as healthy as an Ox and strong as one too. Legs that are made for the Iditarod sure are some strong legs! She can stick you with them and it hurts like hell! LOL Or she can put one paw on your leg and pull it towards her and you feel the power.

I can see Nikoh mauling a turkey. I'd love to bring her back to Alaska, but she is in no way trained enough to be off leash outside the fence. She sees something a mile away and zoom she's gone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    At the end of the day, it's no different than you or I going to Burger King and grabbing a Whopper. It's just food as long as they don't eat the neighbor's Yorkie.
    She is just rough with the smaller ones but means no harm. Now if the neighbor has an outdoor cat, and it wanders in our yard - Just got bank on that one, not sure. She loves our cat but she met him when she was a pup and grew up with him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

She is just rough with the smaller ones but means no harm. Now if the neighbor has an outdoor cat, and it wanders in our yard - Just got bank on that one, not sure. She loves our cat but she met him when she was a pup and grew up with him.
    Riley is like that she has an affinity for small dogs they are babies and her mother instincts turn on, she is more gentle. Cats can be iffy she doesn't really like the neighbor's cat but now that the cat is like 15 and blind she lets it in the yard without agression, she lets me know it's visiting but ... No murder. We have to be watchful at first introductions, she gets offended and well that's never good. Some dogs have had issues with her getting offended. Prey animals, chickens, turkey, ducks, any rodent... They don't get a second chance.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

12. Likes Kathianne liked this post