Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

South Park, sometimes ahead of times, this time by about a week:

https://southpark.cc.com/full-episod...-band-in-china

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

NBA is disgusting courting China over human rights

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Liberals do it all the time, CHINA good!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    No, they are courting China over money by excusing their human rights abuses. But you cannot blame them, their heros have been doing it for quite some time and getting away with it. Bill Clinton gave China the ability to upgrade its space/satellite/missile capability in exchange for millions in "campaign contributions" from the People's Liberation Army. (If you recall, Deputy AG Jamie Gorelick had to set up the wall of separation between the CIA and FBI so the CIA couldn't pass along the evidence to the FBI. But no harm done since Clinton was able to get reelected and it only cost us the 9/11 Tragedy.) And, of course, Sleepy Joe was able to get millions for his son in exchange for the Obama administration looking the other way on China's intellectual property theft, currency manipulation, seizure of the South China Sea, advancing North Korea's nuclear program and on and on. These are all the problems thrown into Trump's lap which the Dems have been skewering him over for his entire administration. Since things have worked so famously for the libs riding the China "Gravy Train" for years now, who can blame the NBA for hopping on board?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I’m surprised this NBA story hasn’t been a bigger deal on the forum (unless I’ve missed some posts) an American games publisher Blizzard-Activision is hot on the heels of the NBA and has taken harsh ( and what many believe to you too harsh) action against an e-sports player for speaking about the Hong Kong situation in a post game interview.

I think the idea that Americans can have their free speech pseudo-silenced by corporations on behalf of an undemocratic regime should be raising more eyebrows.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I’m surprised this NBA story hasn’t been a bigger deal on the forum (unless I’ve missed some posts) an American games publisher Blizzard-Activision is hot on the heels of the NBA and has taken harsh ( and what many believe to you too harsh) action against an e-sports player for speaking about the Hong Kong situation in a post game interview.

I think the idea that Americans can have their free speech pseudo-silenced by corporations on behalf of an undemocratic regime should be raising more eyebrows.
    I'm already standing against Turkey, I figure why get more people more mad? I've been at it on other venues. There's lack of interest from what I've seen here.

It's not just the NBA, it's also Apple, Google, all the shoe companies, and so many more. The problem with China is not just financial. Well it used to be, for some it still is. For our government? Not.

8. Thanks Noir thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm already standing against Turkey, I figure why get more people more mad? I've been at it on other venues. There's lack of interest from what I've seen here.

It's not just the NBA, it's also Apple, Google, all the shoe companies, and so many more. The problem with China is not just financial. Well it used to be, for some it still is. For our government? Not.
    @Noir, did you see though that some of the gamers are going all crazed on Blizzard?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/chin...-blizzard.html

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    @Noir, did you see though that some of the gamers are going all crazed on Blizzard?

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/chin...-blizzard.html
    Yep, I’m one of them.
    Overwatch and Hearthstone were 2 of my go-to games, they’ve been uninstalled.

BlizzCon is also in a few weeks and I’d expect Blizzard to stand down before that, otherwise it’ll be a PR nightmare.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Yep, I’m one of them.
    Overwatch and Hearthstone were 2 of my go-to games, they’ve been uninstalled.

BlizzCon is also in a few weeks and I’d expect Blizzard to stand down before that, otherwise it’ll be a PR nightmare.
    My son too. My niece's husband, a orthopedic radiologist makes a heck of a lot through gaming, he too is boycotting Blizzard.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 10-10-2019 at 02:33 PM.

13. Likes Noir liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)