Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Flawed predictions that never should have been made in the first place, true, but again most were off the cuff statements, not born from an actual paper. Doesn't make the overall science wrong.

One thing you must understand is how journalism works. It uses marketing. Scientists didn't write that article. Writers who are under pressure to write catchy titles do. What is important are the details and original data sources. So I and I bet many good scientists aren't thrilled with the title either. That is not their fault.

The study was a survey of climate science papers from I think 2014. Out of 12,000 papers only some 3% either disagreed with AGW or had no opinion.
    I got 5 years of journalism under my belt. You are your own worst enemy. The "study" came to the conclusion it was told to. 12k papers of BS. Wonder how much THAT cost .....
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    YOU are not the authority you want the rest of us to believe you THINK you are.

You do have the right to express your opinions, and say whatever you want. But..that does not give you the license, or any authority to always claim everyone else who doesn't agree with you is wrong.
    That idea, on it's own...makes YOU wrong every time.
    I have never thought anything other than being a messenger.

When members on this board don't understand fundamentals of what science is, then it's time to cede your ego to the real authority, aka actually scientists. In this case, to the thousands of climate scientists. Not one of them who makes a silly prediction but to the consensus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I got 5 years of journalism under my belt. You are your own worst enemy. The "study" came to the conclusion it was told to. 12k papers of BS. Wonder how much THAT cost .....
    So you believe there is a global conspiracy involving thousands of scientists? I got a tin hat to sell you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

So you believe there is a global conspiracy involving thousands of scientists? I got a tin hat to sell you.

A recent study found that 99.9% of psychics firmly believe that everyone should call them daily for helpful pointers in successfully navigating their day.

Let me know when that filament between your ears begins to dimly glow.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    A recent study found that 99.9% of psychics firmly believe that everyone should call them daily for helpful pointers in successfully navigating their day.

Let me know when that filament between your ears begins to dimly glow.
    You believe in the global conspiracy, got it! I can't watch for the documentary, epic how thousands of scientists and institutions pulled this one off!

... you know there is more to climate science than global warming... right... right?
    Last edited by pete311; 04-14-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

In what form or fashion does your insult respond to anything I said? Scientists are overpaid idiots sucking off of tax dollars. I consider them globally stupid when they don't follow the laws of science and stat delving into disproving God with conjecture.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

In what form or fashion does your insult respond to anything I said? Scientists are overpaid idiots sucking off of tax dollars. I consider them globally stupid when they don't follow the laws of science and stat delving into disproving God with conjecture.
    What does climate science have to do with God? Scientists are the reason we can communicate right now. Show them some respect or go live in a cave.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

What does climate science have to do with God? Scientists are the reason we can communicate right now. Show them some respect or go live in a cave.
    Really? God created life ro include our planet. You, a mere mortal think you can change it? I don't show respect to morons making up their own shit. Never have and today ain't changing a thing. I give no respect to people full of shit living off our tax dollars. I'd as soon fire them. Mike make a good dent in that $20T hole we're in not paying overeducated idiots to be overeducated idiots.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

With politics and grant $$ on the line, whatever makes you think scientists are driven to find truth?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Really? God created life ro include our planet. You, a mere mortal think you can change it? I don't show respect to morons making up their own shit. Never have and today ain't changing a thing. I give no respect to people full of shit living off our tax dollars. I'd as soon fire them. Mike make a good dent in that $20T hole we're in not paying overeducated idiots to be overeducated idiots.
    Seriously throw away your computer and live in a cave if you detest science so much. I'm tired of your hypocrisy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    With politics and grant $$ on the line, whatever makes you think scientists are driven to find truth?
    $5 for a tin hat. Deal? I'm not saying there is no corruption, as there is with anything, but again, this level of conspiracy would be unparalleled. Thousands of climate scientists working together to bring down fossil fuel industry and to gain grant money. I can't wait for the wikileaks...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

$5 for a tin hat. Deal? I'm not saying there is no corruption, as there is with anything, but again, this level of conspiracy would be unparalleled. Thousands of climate scientists working together to bring down fossil fuel industry and to gain grant money. I can't wait for the wikileaks...
    Despite the sarcasm, it wouldn't be the first time science mislead us for political reasons. Why are you unable to question motives?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Seriously throw away your computer and live in a cave if you detest science so much. I'm tired of your hypocrisy.
    Seriously, I'm more logical, mathematical and scientific than you can dream of. You run on emotion. I don't have any. I don't detest science. I just don't give credence to its lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Despite the sarcasm, it wouldn't be the first time science mislead us for political reasons. Why are you unable to question motives?
    As I said before, small scale corruption is one thing, but a conspiracy involving 10,000+ world scientists (including dozens of nobel laureates), dozens of respected world scientific institutions and dozens of first world countries would be unfathomable. You may disagree with the climate politics, I certainly often do actually, but don't mix that into the actual science.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Seriously, I'm more logical, mathematical and scientific than you can dream of. You run on emotion. I don't have any. I don't detest science. I just don't give credence to its lies.
    Gunny, you flat out said scientific theory is guess work. All science comes from scientific theory. Now step off your high horse and throw away your computer based on guess work because it may blow at any second.