Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default AT&T drove me nuts

So I had a Galaxy S5 for years, loved it, never a problem. But since the kiddo upgraded to a Galaxy S9+, I decided to get the Galaxy S9. That was 2 months ago. Mobile data has been a HUGE problem since day one. Like 67mbps download on wifi and about 27mbps upload on wifi. Turn the wifi off - and you always get about 3-4mbps download, and usually about 0.11 upload speed. Text messaging barely works. Attaching an image is useless, it'll never go through. Download from the Play store usually only works when on Wifi. Basically, the internet is all but dead unless on wifi.

I went to the ATT store on day 2 of owning the phone, and they wouldn't help, since I bought the phone from AT&T's website. WTF? So they dialed the 800# for me and passed me the phone. That's the honest truth. That ended up with no fix. I bought a new sim card, same problem.

They have simply opened ticket after ticket and made me reset to manufacturer's default endless times, even though I knew that wouldn't fix it. They send me to some "u break it, I fix it" store that they work with, they couldn't do anything. Even their OWN techs when looked into it, couldn't remotely work with it (yeah, no upload speed!). But they refused to do anything but troubleshoot. THEN they tell me, oh, well you had it for over 30 days now, so it's past "our" warranty and you must use blah blah blah blah....

I got a little upset to say the least, with our 4 devices and 20 years on our account with never a late payment.

The new phone will be here in 2 days with a new sim card.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

AT&T..

Rip-offs.

Someone from a California prison hacked my AT&T account, and ran up chargers on it.

AT&T even traced it, but demanded I pay for it.

I refused. They kept billing me for 7 months. Then I told that
    idiot supervisor that I had a Reserve USCG Officer Co-worker that was
    an FBI Agent, who specialized in consumer fraud.

I offered to contact him....they backed off really fast.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So I had a Galaxy S5 for years, loved it, never a problem. But since the kiddo upgraded to a Galaxy S9+, I decided to get the Galaxy S9. That was 2 months ago. Mobile data has been a HUGE problem since day one. Like 67mbps download on wifi and about 27mbps upload on wifi. Turn the wifi off - and you always get about 3-4mbps download, and usually about 0.11 upload speed. Text messaging barely works. Attaching an image is useless, it'll never go through. Download from the Play store usually only works when on Wifi. Basically, the internet is all but dead unless on wifi.

I went to the ATT store on day 2 of owning the phone, and they wouldn't help, since I bought the phone from AT&T's website. WTF? So they dialed the 800# for me and passed me the phone. That's the honest truth. That ended up with no fix. I bought a new sim card, same problem.

They have simply opened ticket after ticket and made me reset to manufacturer's default endless times, even though I knew that wouldn't fix it. They send me to some "u break it, I fix it" store that they work with, they couldn't do anything. Even their OWN techs when looked into it, couldn't remotely work with it (yeah, no upload speed!). But they refused to do anything but troubleshoot. THEN they tell me, oh, well you had it for over 30 days now, so it's past "our" warranty and you must use blah blah blah blah....

I got a little upset to say the least, with our 4 devices and 20 years on our account with never a late payment.

The new phone will be here in 2 days with a new sim card.
    I have a S8. Best I can tell you is mine will take pictures and send them and it will text. The calculator and alarm clock works. I can call and receive calls on it. Anything beyond that is Greek to me.

As I told someone else, my phone may as well hang on the kitchen wall like it did in the 70s. I never have it with me unless I leave the house and that's at my daughter's insistence. "I might get lost"

I', like,, I was born and mostly raised here. Three places I won't get lost -- San Antonio Washington DC and Miami, FL. I DO take it in case of an emergency though.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't love AT&T again, that'll take awhile, but I'm a happy camper again!

Replacement phone came like 7pm last night and I got to work. Right after immediate setup, before anything else, first thing I did was all the speed tests, text and MMS tests and did them many times! They are all flawless now. And speech to text, thankfully has worked every time thus far. "Told you so" AT&T bastards!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have never gone wrong with Verizon. I know it costs more than some but...
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 05-16-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I have never gone wrong with Verizon. I know it costs more than some but...
    I tell everyone, find one that works for YOU and stay with it. AT&T may be perfect for me in my area, or in the middle of nowhere in Alaska, thanks to @NightTrain , but some others may have better service and what not with Verizon in their particular area. Who the hell knows, cell technology still sucks sometimes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I don't love AT&T again, that'll take awhile, but I'm a happy camper again!

Replacement phone came like 7pm last night and I got to work. Right after immediate setup, before anything else, first thing I did was all the speed tests, text and MMS tests and did them many times! They are all flawless now. And speech to text, thankfully has worked every time thus far. "Told you so" AT&T bastards!!
    You should see what my speech to text does with my accent. I had to give that one up
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You should see what my speech to text does with my accent. I had to give that one up
    There are times I find myself talking half like a robot, as that's sometimes the only way the phone will understand certain words/phrases or whatever.

But yeah, I spoke with you many a time as you know, and I can barely understand you either. You have a VERY heavy south accent, and you also speak quietly and slowly. Kinda remind of of Ben Carson in the manner he speaks, only I can understand that bastard!

Now, you ARE one of the more intelligent folks I know, just as Ben is.

But I also need to find an app to decode your accent for me as we speak.

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I tell everyone, find one that works for YOU and stay with it. AT&T may be perfect for me in my area, or in the middle of nowhere in Alaska, thanks to @NightTrain , but some others may have better service and what not with Verizon in their particular area. Who the hell knows, cell technology still sucks sometimes.
    Sounds right. I know people from other parts who swear by AT&T, sprint, t-mobile. I've been in Michigan Texas Arizona Florida and Washington state and had no problems. I wonder how many people hate Verizon because of their commercials. Lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I just can't wait to get back to android. I have apple because I got this iPhone for $450 and sort of inherited a iPad. I miss my droid turbo.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Sounds right. I know people from other parts who swear by AT&T, sprint, t-mobile. I've been in Michigan Texas Arizona Florida and Washington state and had no problems. I wonder how many people hate Verizon because of their commercials. Lol
    I hated Verizon because of the commercials. I have At&T. Some deal my daughter got that came up with an extra phone so I took it.

I can't complain, but I don't use a phone like Jim does. I use it for a phone. Jim's probably trying to get his to cook dinner

13. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I hated Verizon because of the commercials. I have At&T. Some deal my daughter got that came up with an extra phone so I took it.

I can't complain, but I don't use a phone like Jim does. I use it for a phone. Jim's probably trying to get his to cook dinner
    Gunny traded in his jitter bug.

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I do text a lot, and share pics - but I RELY on speech to text when driving, and expect both texting and the speech to text to work at least!!

But I now have Alexa, a Google Mini and my cell - and they probably will be able to make me dinner soon. I know I always get a pizza here to my house without even dialing anyone. Couple clicks, and voila, there's dinner!!

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Gunny traded in his jitter bug.
    What is that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

AT&T drove you nuts? I'd say it was more of a putt...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll