Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Did I see "Coffee Mate" in that pic?

Nice pics. Amazon can get you a snow blower ....

Yeah... shameful, isn't it?

I drank my coffee black for decades, and then a woman got me a vanilla latte one day and I liked it so much that I put French vanilla creamer in my coffee now.

That Denali coffee with the foo-foo creamer is really really good! Not very macho but it's too good to pass up.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

I drank my coffee black for decades, and then a woman got me a vanilla latte one day and I liked it so much that I put French vanilla creamer in my coffee now.

That Denali coffee with the foo-foo creamer is really really good! Not very macho but it's too good to pass up.
    Don't feel bad... I love that vanilla Coffee Mate stuff too. I use the regular Coffee Mate powder creamer too.

Great pics, as usual.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-15-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

I learned to drink it with sugar and *ahem* REAL cream but the sugar puts too much acid on my gut.

I learned to "un-drink" it with anything when it came out of a C-Rat packet. C-Rat instant hot coffee and hot water. And THAT was a luxury because you could shave in your steel pot and have the coffee going in the canteen cup. Enter kevlar Nazi helmets You suck down your coffee from your canteen cup, rinse, reheat water if you're lucky enough to have the time, then shave. If you shave first, coffee tends to taste like your bar of soap (bet you thought we had shaving cream in the field ). I ain't humping that shit. Takes up too much room in the pack and is explosive.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I learned to drink it with sugar and *ahem* REAL cream but the sugar puts too much acid on my gut.

I learned to "un-drink" it with anything when it came out of a C-Rat packet. C-Rat instant hot coffee and hot water. And THAT was a luxury because you could shave in your steel pot and have the coffee going in the canteen cup. Enter kevlar Nazi helmets You suck down your coffee from your canteen cup, rinse, reheat water if you're lucky enough to have the time, then shave. If you shave first, coffee tends to taste like your bar of soap (bet you thought we had shaving cream in the field ). I ain't humping that shit. Takes up too much room in the pack and is explosive.
    That's one more thing that's good in the marriage. I do not need to drink this instant crap anymore. Wife helps me to pack up for the road like I'm a child, and I love it. She's a keeper She ordered one of those grinders from Amazon and now I drink french press. Not even embarassed that I have no idea how to make a coffee.
    Last edited by Ares; 02-29-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    That's one more thing that's good in the marriage. I do not need to drink this instant crap anymore. Wife helps me to pack up for the road like I'm a child, and I love it. She's a keeper She ordered one of those grinders from Amazon and now I drink french press. Not even embarassed that I have no idea how to make a coffee.
    I wouldn't know how to act if someone did all that for me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I wouldn't know how to act if someone did all that for me.
    From one military veteran bachelor to another... I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN...

I'd be like... "that's ok dear, I know how to make my own coffee... why don't you scramble some eggs while I make the coffee and toast and set the table?"