Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Okay, couple points here: No one mentioned sacking them. They should however being getting halted by their CO.

Second, yes, just returning from deployment, they tend to lax the standards a bit on it. However, guy in pic number two needs to get his wife down, and would likely get a stern cough from the Sarge. The difference is the person who did: The civilian woman committed the act, while in the original pic, it was the military man himself committing the foul. They can't go after the civvies for not upholding military regs, but it's a whole different ballgame for the mil members.

Now look at my Navy tag, I've spent six months overseas and come back to my hot girlfriend after deployment. During said deployment, I slept in a space with 87 other dudes, worked 100+ hour weeks with only 4 hour spurts of sleep (God, being an engineer sucked), and trust me, I was every bit thrilled to see my girlfriend after that. However, that doesn't change the point- PDA is wrong, and it is drilled into us from day one.
    I waved at my husband one time when he was doing a change of command .... just letting him know where I was sitting....boy, did he ever get on my case about that. I think the "no PDAs" was the hardest rule for me because I am a very affectionate person ... I like to hold hands especially. Very hard to go to military functions and not be able to hold hands but as the Sgt. Major he had to set an example.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I waved at my husband one time when he was doing a change of command .... just letting him know where I was sitting....boy, did he ever get on my case about that. I think the "no PDAs" was the hardest rule for me because I am a very affectionate person ... I like to hold hands especially. Very hard to go to military functions and not be able to hold hands but as the Sgt. Major he had to set an example.
    So am I, actually. Aside from whatever girl I'm with, I rarely touch much of anyone. I'm not constantly going for high fives and the like, but when I'm with someone, I'm very affectionate and I like holding hands, walking with an arm around her waist, kisses on the forehead or temple, and the like. I think that's the one thing I appreciated about being an engineer, is I would still be busy getting the ship's engines down, and switch over to shore power, so while I would miss the ceremont when we got back, I'd also be able to go straight to civvies when I got let off.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org