Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    attributing things to me I haven't said.
    and yet, you keep repeating it....

Why is this such a struggle for you, I wonder.
    because I'm concerned about someone who says he can walk down the street killing every other person he meets and not be sinning because his heart isn't in it.....it boggles the mind that you would even voice it.....

make one simple admission and this argument can be over.....being disobedient to God by doing something he has commanded us not to do, is in fact a sin.......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-26-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    because I'm concerned about someone who says he can walk down the street killing every other person he meets and not be sinning because his heart isn't in it.....it boggles the mind that you would even voice it.....
    it boggles the mind you make that shit up about what I wrote.

If you want to be a child about this discussion, I can't stop you - but, c'mon...really?

You really, REALLY come-off like a Pharisee of biblical stories. It's honestly saddening how you twist what I'm telling you to find the worst-possible conclusion; instead of applying context and common-sense to what you "hear" from me. Stop it, for your OWN good.

(shrug).
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Stop it, for your OWN good.
    wtf?.....what are you going to do, ban me because I question your logic?......I'm merely repeating what you say....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-26-2013 at 07:54 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

wtf?.....what are you going to do, ban me because I question your logic?......I'm merely repeating what you say....

No - of course not. Thinking I'd BAN you for not in being in agreement with me is stupid and borderline insulting. That doesn't happen on this board.

What I'm cautioning you is this: Stop lying about what I write for your OWN good spiritually. You are NOT repeating me; You are taking what I write and absolutely lying about what it means; You are taking what I write and drawing it out to the ridiculous. </SPAN>
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What I'm cautioning you is this: Stop lying about what I write for your OWN good spiritually. You are NOT repeating me; You are taking what I write and absolutely lying about what it means; You are taking what I write and drawing it out to the ridiculous.
    am I sinning when I do it?........because it would seem contradictory for you to say it isn't good for me spiritually when apparently you think I don't have to be concerned with it after being forgiven by God.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 03-26-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

am I sinning when I do it?........because it would seem contradictory for you to say it isn't good for me spiritually when apparently you think I don't have to be concerned with it after being forgiven by God.....
    Let me ask you - when you are changing the definition of words with an attempt to slant what I wrote into something it's NOT, how is your heart at those moments?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me ask you - when you are changing the definition of words with an attempt to slant what I wrote into something it's NOT, how is your heart at those moments?
    I think that's something we all need to ask frequently.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I think that's something we all need to ask frequently.
    Here's what I see - I see at least two guys who don't agree with what I see in the Bible, but instead of honestly caring MORE about understanding and learning something maybe they have not considered, they want to try and play 'gotcha' using semantics.

Here's what I like about EVERY Mormon I've met: To a body, they debate and discuss in good faith. Couple that with them being outstanding citizens to their community and I think a lot of non-mormon-christian groups could learn a LOT about Love.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's what I see - I see at least two guys who don't agree with what I see in the Bible, but instead of honestly caring MORE about understanding and learning something maybe they have not considered, they want to try and play 'gotcha' using semantics.

Here's what I like about EVERY Mormon I've met: To a body, they debate and discuss in good faith. Couple that with them being outstanding citizens to their community and I think a lot of non-mormon-christian groups could learn a LOT about Love.
    I think we all could learn alot about love. Sometimes it's very difficult not to just go out and attack someone (Im talking in posts not physically). Biting the tongue, especially when they are attacking you is not easy. I can't tell you how many times I've had to delete something I wrote out because it just wasnt kind or charitable. It's also why I've been trying to cut sarcasm out of my life. It's often mean and mocking. But it comes so easily.

I've been very ashamed at the lack of love I've had for others. I just keep praying the Lord will continue to forgive me and give me greater charity for others. Because I know I can do it on my own.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

DMP, symantic games? I think you'd agree that sin is serious, Christ die for it. it's no game in my mind.
    as far as understanding what yours saying, DMP , well don't assume that because I think you are wrong that i don't comprehend what your trying to say.
    as if i'm blocking some great truth that your trying to impart but i'm to stubborn to embrace.
    I just think your position is inconsistent, that it denies important realities of spiritual life and is unbiblical in a significant area.

pointing out those facts and trying to clarify your use of words, definitions and applications,
    then comparing that to what the bible says and my own understanding is not gothca it is very honest discussion.

And also, covering uncomfortable truths with agreeable polite talk is not always love.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

And also, covering uncomfortable truths with agreeable polite talk is not always love.
    It's not mutually exclusive either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    It's not mutually exclusive either.
    not always, but sometimes it is.

Is there really any comfortable and agreeable way to bring really bad news. there are bad ways and kinder ways but no really comfortable ways.

And sometimes there's no easy way to say you believe someone is fatally mistaken.

Speaking the truth in love is what we are called to do. some of us miss that mark more time we'd like.
    but sometime the receiver just doesn't think it's love at all no matter how kindly presented, simply because the content is so disagreeable.

From the Jewish leaders and Romans POV Jesus needed to be killed because of the content of his message not because he was an unkind person.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am intent on saving you from inconsistency......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

they want to try and play 'gotcha' using semantics.
    fine, if you think the word sin is just semantics answer this correctly and I will forget we ever had an argument......is acting contrary to what God told us to do in the Ten Commandments disobedient or not?........
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Cardinal Kitteh demands a recount!