Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
Yup, I'm done. Hadn't necessarily considered it a boycott, but I won't watch it anymore. Football is nonexistent.
I basically quit watching when it became so pansy-assed; which, coincidentally has risen in pace with salaries. When they used to beat the sh*t out of each other for peanuts, and still had to have day jobs to eat, nobody cared if they got hurt playing the game. Most of those old-timers would probably sneer at what they call injuries now.

I'm not wasting 3 or so hours watching the NFL Referee Show. They have too many stupid calls and they change the outcomes of games. I used to get too pissed off over games being ruined over a few bad calls. Holding and pass interference are the Ref's weapons of choice. Never mind both penalties occur on every play from scrimmage.

The final bell for me was in 01-02 when the officials flat screwed Oakland and Pittsburgh out of wins over New England in the playoffs. You can say what you want, but my smell detector goes off when I see that added to the political climate of "conveniently" having a team named "the Patriots" win the SB right after 9/11. I've watched the SBs the Steelers were in since, and that actually amounted to the game was on in the same room.