Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    By the way, I just looked up the author of this hit-piece article. The guy's name is Brandon Ambrosino and he apparently is a staff writer for Vox.com, specializing in writing about religion. It has always been my opinion that people who study and write about 'the subject of religion' are the least religious people on the planet.

He has also written for Huffington Post, Gawker, and The Atlantic. In other words - clearly an avid liberal.

Also, within about 30 seconds of searching his name, it became clear that he is gay and has written about how difficult it was to be gay at Liberty University.

In summary, it is obvious the author of the article is not a fan of Liberty University and that in fact he resents Liberty for his difficult time as a student there. The author is probably not Christian, is certainly not conservative, and almost certainly resents Jerry Falwell, Jr. I'm not saying Falwell is innocent, but I am saying that I would not trust any negative story about Falwell that came from this author. Oh yeah, and I don't trust 'anonymous sources' either.

Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    One more thing:
    If these anonymous folks feel that Falwell Jr is so awful, they should reveal their names. Man up and stand up for your convictions.

You both could be very correct in your thinking and still Falwell could be guilty as sin, his son too.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You both could be very correct in your thinking and still Falwell could be guilty as sin, his son too.
    Granted, and I did acknowledge as much in my post.

But in the current climate, you can't take any single media outlet at their word. And anonymous sources have zero value. Possibly negative value.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Granted, and I did acknowledge as much in my post.

But is the current climate, you can't take any single media outlet at their word. And anonymous sources have zero value. Possibly negative value.
    True. By saying that you both could be very correct, I wasn't taking anyone's word. Besides, an article is NOT an investigation. It can be though, reason enough to start digging.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill