Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I love it when leftists say it is up to the courts. There are many Supreme Court decisions in the 1800s they must think were spot on.

He's wrong anyway. Courts don't make laws.

The US , along with most other countries, have signed treaties that define who is and who isn't a refugee and thus who qualifies for aslyum and who doesn't. People who are looking to sneak into a country to make some money don't qualify by treaty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You guys are aware that every asylum seeker gets a court date to determine if they qualify right? I don’t know what else you guys think I meant. If you don’t like how the asylum laws work you need to move to change them.
    Last edited by pete311; 01-11-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    You guys are aware that every asylum seeker gets a court date to determine if they qualify right? I don’t know what else you guys think I meant.

And do you understand that is a generosity on our part, and goes beyond what international law and treaties calls for? According to treaties we have signed we should send those people right back to whichever country they first found safe harbor in and let THAT country give them an asylum hearing. But we as Americans are more generous than international law calls for.

And in return for our generosity we get called racist , selfish, mean assholes.

And of course 80% of those who actually bother to show up for such hearings are found to NOT qualify anyway, or do you deny that fat as well Petey?

As long as we're discussing how generous Americans are , and by generous I actually mean stupid. If Trump were such a racist person why isn't he working to deport all 11-30M illegal aliens who are here , as the law actually would allow him to do? No one ever addresses that point instead acting as if the law only calls for the deportation of those who have been convicted of some other crime when no that isn't true at all, what is true is that our country has for decades simply been more than generous and allowed these folks to stay even though they have and continue to be here illegally and the law allows for them to be deported.

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    And do you understand that is a generosity on our part, and goes beyond what international law and treaties calls for? According to treaties we have signed we should send those people right back to whichever country they first found safe harbor in and let THAT country give them an asylum hearing. But we as Americans are more generous than international law calls for.

And in return for our generosity we get called racist , selfish, mean assholes.

And of course 80% of those who actually bother to show up for such hearings are found to NOT qualify anyway, or do you deny that fat as well Petey?

As long as we're discussing how generous Americans are , and by generous I actually mean stupid. If Trump were such a racist person why isn't he working to deport all 11-30M illegal aliens who are here , as the law actually would allow him to do? No one ever addresses that point instead acting as if the law only calls for the deportation of those who have been convicted of some other crime when no that isn't true at all, what is true is that our country has for decades simply been more than generous and allowed these folks to stay even though they have and continue to be here illegally and the law allows for them to be deported.
    i don’t understand your point here considering my line of discussion. I would like to see your source of the 80% don’t show up for the court date.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

This claims the majority do show up
    https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...-court-data-s/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i don’t understand your point here considering my line of discussion. I would like to see your source of the 80% don’t show up for the court date.
    My point is, maybe Americans are sick of being fucking spit on no matter how generous we are simply because we want our laws enforced

As for the stat, it's actually 90% , according to oh yeah the USG

https://www.memecreator.org/static/i...es/4960850.jpg

You don't seem to know any facts about this topic, Pete. Making your opinion pretty worthless. Educate yourself son.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

My point is, maybe Americans are sick of being fucking spit on no matter how generous we are simply because we want our laws enforced

As for the stat, it's actually 90% , according to oh yeah the USG

https://www.memecreator.org/static/i...es/4960850.jpg

You don't seem to know any facts about this topic, Pete. Making your opinion pretty worthless. Educate yourself son.
    justice dept says 60-75 show up.

https://www.justice.gov/eoir/page/fi...wnload#page=49

keep using memes, really makes you look smart, like. 13 year old

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

justice dept says 60-75 show up.

https://www.justice.gov/eoir/page/fi...wnload#page=49

keep using memes, really makes you look smart, like. 13 year old
    First, I didn't post a meme, I posted a link to a reputable news source

Second, your stats are 3 years old and are ONLY discussing those immigrants who were never detained. In other words, the "catch and release" immigrants don''t count into that stat.

Those are no the people we are discussing in this thread Pete. Those are the people who are tying to do things the legal way We're not talking about those. We are talking about the people who have been detained for being in this country illegally, and arrested for such and released with a court date. And for THOSE people , yes the number is 90% don't bother showing up for court.

You see Pete, I tried to tell you. I'm a nightmare for someone like you. I don't make stats up, I don't hide, and I'm not gentle in my rebuke.

You're an idiot, and dishonest to boot . You want to bring all aliens into a discussion about illegal aliens in order to lie about the numbers

And even if we ONLY discussed your numbers on the face of them, let us ask this

Why would you possibly be okay with "only" 25-30% of them not coming to court? Imagine if only 75% of everyone who was accused of murder showed up to court, I mean that would only be 25% of accused murderers running around out there, wouldn't it.

11. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

First, I didn't post a meme, I posted a link to a reputable news source

Second, your stats are 3 years old and are ONLY discussing those immigrants who were never detained. In other words, the "catch and release" immigrants don''t count into that stat.

Those are no the people we are discussing in this thread Pete. Those are the people who are tying to do things the legal way We're not talking about those. We are talking about the people who have been detained for being in this country illegally, and arrested for such and released with a court date. And for THOSE people , yes the number is 90% don't bother showing up for court.

You see Pete, I tried to tell you. I'm a nightmare for someone like you. I don't make stats up, I don't hide, and I'm not gentle in my rebuke.

You're an idiot, and dishonest to boot . You want to bring all aliens into a discussion about illegal aliens in order to lie about the numbers

And even if we ONLY discussed your numbers on the face of them, let us ask this

Why would you possibly be okay with "only" 25-30% of them not coming to court? Imagine if only 75% of everyone who was accused of murder showed up to court, I mean that would only be 25% of accused murderers running around out there, wouldn't it.

Look at your post, it’s a jpg from memecreator. Still waiting for your source.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Look at your post, it’s a jpg from memecreator. Still waiting for your source.

Well crap, my mistake that was copied from another time. My bad

As for the claim that 60-75% of those who are "catch and release" go to court LOL come on mman that defies common sense. Why are liberal so god damned dishonest?

Why does your report, along with every other liberal generated report on the topic, leave those folks out of the equation? Why because including them would make the data appear less favorable to the idiotic public at large.

Do you really believe that with a 3 - 5 year backlog on asylum hearings that ANYONE is going to ANY hearings? I mean My God man, once again our government has fucked something up so badly that it barely functions at all. We literally have no way of knowing who's going to what hearings in fact. Once they are given a summons, we don't track them , we can't. The 90% number I gave is completely based on estimates that are based on estimating how many people we THINK are still in the country and how many we know have had hearings. The reaility is we don't even know who or how many are in this country and we definately aren't getting anyone through our system quickly so how could we possibly know who's attending hearings they are supposed to attend?

Here's another reality, If you dishonest liberals REALLY cared about "women and children who just want to be safe" you would say "hey this is bullshit that we are letting our system get so clogged up, let's only allow hearings for those who do things the right away and deport those who aren't, and actually help some people" but you do NOT care , in fact you don't even understand the situation, all you know is that you were told to be against anything Trump wants.

14. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Still wondering, as many of us should.

A long time ago. I came here and asked 'petey' to show is his Diploma from "Pre-School". But he never replied. Which I guess...was because petey hasn't reached that Milestone in his desperate, unqualified life as a member of the Human Race...as of yet.

Has anyone seen petey's proof that he is anything higher than a pre-schooler, with access to a computer?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I get so very tired of those from the Left who invent a 'bleeding heart' argument to defend people who don't deserve, don't merit, don't even legally qualify for, any degree of special consideration. From what I can follow of Pete's hopes and wishes, somehow it's .. ahem .. 'America's humanitarian duty' to look the other way when mass illegality is perpetrated.

Since when can laws be ignored on a whim ? Since when did EVERYBODY ELSE'S interests matter, to the cost of the ordinary, law-abiding citizen ??

Illegal immigrants are just that. They possess NO rights under US law, if present on US soil illegally. When you start thinking otherwise, the rule of law begins to break down.

The thing of it is, IF by some miracle the law was bent to favour illegals, that itself wouldn't be enough. Why ?

... because, IT NEVER IS.

The Left would then find other ways to undermine, subvert. After all ... what stops them ? They, by self-illustration, have ZERO respect for any law they don't like.

Where does the rot stop ? Does it stop .. ?

I say: high time it did. The law is the law. Lawbreakers know what they're doing. They should be properly accountable for it.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

18. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I get so very tired of those from the Left who invent a 'bleeding heart' argument to defend people who don't deserve, don't merit, don't even legally qualify for, any degree of special consideration. From what I can follow of Pete's hopes and wishes, somehow it's .. ahem .. 'America's humanitarian duty' to look the other way when mass illegality is perpetrated.

Since when can laws be ignored on a whim ? Since when did EVERYBODY ELSE'S interests matter, to the cost of the ordinary, law-abiding citizen ??

Illegal immigrants are just that. They possess NO rights under US law, if present on US soil illegally. When you start thinking otherwise, the rule of law begins to break down.

The thing of it is, IF by some miracle the law was bent to favour illegals, that itself wouldn't be enough. Why ?

... because, IT NEVER IS.

The Left would then find other ways to undermine, subvert. After all ... what stops them ? They, by self-illustration, have ZERO respect for any law they don't like.

Where does the rot stop ? Does it stop .. ?

I say: high time it did. The law is the law. Lawbreakers know what they're doing. They should be properly accountable for it.
    Further evidence that we are entering the post legal era of Democrat governance (see my post under the "Liberal Priorities......" thread)