Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Exactly, he apologized. He was 100% wrong using any force, and will have to face the courts for that. But I simply find it funny, seeing many liberals thinking that guaranteed a win for them, and it didn't. And seeing the outrage from many today.

I made a funny about the Guardian, and then another funny that the (R) won anyway. I never stated his behavior was funny. I never championed him. So stop putting words... you know what I mean.
    Montana will never vote in a Dem

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Have no clue. I never even heard of this guy until the supposed assault. But ya never know sometimes. I heard that about a lot of Dem strongholds over the years, only to see a R win. Didn't a republican win in Massachusetts sometime in the past 5 years? But I do get your point.

Maybe that's why he clocked him, he knew he could get away with it!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Huh? http://www.montanademocrats.org/our-...cted-officials

The Democrat governor and other officials might beg to differ.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Huh? http://www.montanademocrats.org/our-...cted-officials

The Democrat governor and other officials might beg to differ.
    Oh man, I just assumed they were like NY, I took Pete's word for it. Why would I do that?

Take that, Pete! This is you ----->
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

A Dem does this and you guys would lose your minds. I don't know why you find such behavior funny. He apologized and you still champion him. Quite strange. Civility is dead. Bullies reign.

Democrats DO this Pete, you have a short (or convenient) memory

And the "way back" machine turns on

Way back in June 2010, North Carolina Congressman Bob Etheridge, a seven-term elected Democrat, was asked by a student reporter if he supported the “Obama agenda.” Etheridge promptly attempted to grab the reporter’s cell phone camera, then grab the reporter’s wrist, demanding, “Who are you! Tell me who you are… I have a right to know who you are!” One of the student’s friends, who caught the incident on camera, said, “We’re just here for a project.” When the student in Etheridge’s grip asked to be released, Etheridge instead grabbed him by the neck.

Pics or it didn't happen:

Democrats rallied to Etheridge’s defense. Here’s Politico reporting at the time:

"Motives matter, and I think you can see who was behind this," said DNC spokesman Brad Woodhouse just now. "This was a Republican party tracking operation. If it wasn't a party tracker or intern, why is the face blurred and why is the source hidden? You know if it had been a right wing blog, they'd identify themselves and they'd be booking this person on TV all day. Republicans know if they admit their involvement in this game of gotcha it will undermine their credibility. One minute this guy is interviewing a member of Congress on camera and the next a video is released with his face blurred out? If that doesn’t tell you this is a Republican Party hatchet job nothing will." A national Democratic Party official e-mailed around a set of talking points about an hour ago, under the subject heading, "Etheridge Gotcha Video Background."

Etheridge apologized, and the media let it go.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Words do not justify physical force. End of story.
    NOTHING justifies you being in MY space and I WILL put you out of it, one way or the other and it is completely justified to most actual men.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks Bilgerat, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

A Dem does this and you guys would lose your minds. I don't know why you find such behavior funny. He apologized and you still champion him. Quite strange. Civility is dead. Bullies reign.
    Civility ended when idiot boy got in his face. There's nothing civil about harassing people and/or invading their privacy.

Turn it around. If a gradschool teach got in kid's face and harassed him/her, the teacher would be all over the media as some sort of Nazi heathen and bully. Apply your lefteing rules equally or not at all.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

If you saw the report on Fox News and listened to the tape of the incident, you can see how the incident really went down. It made no difference in the outcome because two-thirds of the state's eligible voters had already cast absentee ballots.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    If you saw the report on Fox News and listened to the tape of the incident, you can see how the incident really went down. It made no difference in the outcome because two-thirds of the state's eligible voters had already cast absentee ballots.
    Correct, which is why I think that the widespread use of early/absentee voting needs to be gone, with only restricted absentee voting allowed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    if you saw the report on fox news and listened to the tape of the incident, you can see how the incident really went down. It made no difference in the outcome because two-thirds of the state's eligible voters had already cast absentee ballots.
    w.g.a.s.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Correct, which is why I think that the widespread use of early/absentee voting needs to be gone, with only restricted absentee voting allowed.
    I disagree. I had to vote absentee the entire time I was a in the military.

What needs to happen is no one have access to the numbers until the appropriate date. It IS possible to do.

I don't like ANY advance poll reporting to include final results in East Coast states that could possibly affect the votes in the West. Everyone wants to talk lax security but this one to me is a no-brainer. Everyone should get the final results at the same time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey. In a way. You are correct. But...you left out the most important aspect of that.

The MSM, and Liberals everywhere would NEVER REPORT this as quickly. In fact. Like Obama, and the rest of the DNC. They would find a reason to BLAME somebody else.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Words do not justify physical force. End of story.
    Even when asked politely to back off and give space, much of the aggressive media keeps pushing.
    What is left for the one being verbally assaulted or having mics and cams shoved in his face to do?
    Walk away as if he is a push-over, thus over-inflating the aggressor's ego more?

Civility among the media aggressors is dead, but it is O.K. for them to be bullies? Strange bunch
    of values the lefties wear. Riot, loot, destroy property, shout in people's faces, push into people
    they disagree with? That is leftist civility? BUT...then start crying when someone turns the tables on them?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I disagree. I had to vote absentee the entire time I was a in the military.

What needs to happen is no one have access to the numbers until the appropriate date. It IS possible to do.

I don't like ANY advance poll reporting to include final results in East Coast states that could possibly affect the votes in the West. Everyone wants to talk lax security but this one to me is a no-brainer. Everyone should get the final results at the same time.
    Wrong, obviously military would be an automatic for absentee voting. Those serving don't have the ability to wait for the latest to happen in order to exercise the franchise. Neither does someone perhaps caring for a loved one whether at home or far away. Ditto someone with serious illness, etc.

Those though that just want to vote 'early' to perhaps gin up numbers or to vote in second location in another state? Take away those possibilities.

Then there are those that just got in the habit of early voting, too bad. Nearly everywhere the polls are open from 6am-7pm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Wrong, obviously military would be an automatic for absentee voting. Those serving don't have the ability to wait for the latest to happen in order to exercise the franchise. Neither does someone perhaps caring for a loved one whether at home or far away. Ditto someone with serious illness, etc.

Those though that just want to vote 'early' to perhaps gin up numbers or to vote in second location in another state? Take away those possibilities.

Then there are those that just got in the habit of early voting, too bad. Nearly everywhere the polls are open from 6am-7pm.
    There's no "wrong". Seems to me the problem is with the administrative and (lack of) punitive process for getting caught. Taking away absentee voting solved NEITHER.

It's like anything else. Was a bunch of time and money and cheaters will just figure out how to beat the latest greatest. Absentee voting is not the problem. It's not even a symptom of the problem.

Dishonest people are the problem. Nobody has EVER fixed THAT.