Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I don't think LongTermGuy is jealous or anything like that, and I certainly haven't seen him call anyone else out for their military service, nor question it, nor play games with it or any of that crap. It's one thing to fight and have words, but going from that to calling someone out for their service is a different thing, IMO. We should have CSM put a rest to it once and for all. I can't think of a more believable or respected military man of them all around these parts. But as soon as we go that route, AT we'll swear up and down that he wasn't calling anyone out - hence the beating around the bushes and the inability to be a man and actually state what he wants to state - just downright and outright state it.
    8I don't have a problem with LTG. What I have a problem with is ... if you want to get down to brass tacks ... you don't get robe in the Navy/Marine Corps for 30 years without making E-9. That would be a Maser Chief in the Navy. Last time I saw a Master Chief communicator was NEVER. So for someone who is so quick to question everyone's creds, maybe he ought to either pull some up or shut the fuck up.

And btq, I'm watching the Steelers kick some Colts ass.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

I think James Harrison just said to the Colts.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    8I don't have a problem with LTG. What I have a problem with is ... if you want to get down to brass tacks ... you don't get robe in the Navy/Marine Corps for 30 years without making E-9. That would be a Maser Chief in the Navy. Last time I saw a Master Chief communicator was NEVER. So for someone who is so quick to question everyone's creds, maybe he ought to either pull some up or shut the fuck up.

And btq, I'm watching the Steelers kick some Colts ass.
    I don't even care much about either of you and the specifics. I respect your careers and service to our country EQUALLY. And if you did the same thing to AT, I would be saying the same stuff to you right now. If offering it as true, offer proof. If simply blabbering out an unsubstantiated claim, then don't get upset when I slam such a claim with my own opinion in return.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think James Harrison just said to the Colts.
    3 sacks, 6 solo tackles. The man is 37 and is just nasty! I love Harrison!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I don't even care much about either of you and the specifics. I respect your careers and service to our country EQUALLY. And if you did the same thing to AT, I would be saying the same stuff to you right now. If offering it as true, offer proof. If simply blabbering out an unsubstantiated claim, then don't get upset when I slam such a claim with my own opinion in return.
    I don't disrespect AT for his service. I disrespect him disrespecting me for mine.

7. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Marine (former marine) .
    Although my Dad was only in the Marine Corps for 8 years, (all wartime) he drilled into me these two things.

1) Once a Marine, always a Marine.

2) Take all that you want, but eat all that you take. Sign in Mess Hall at Parris Island.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Fortunately the only reason I have needed a gun is to shoot my neighbors pet Groundhogs every summer when they wander over.

Gun control is= My woman won't let me shoot them from the kitchen window anymore and I have to go outside and do it from the deck. Can't shoot guns in the house, what crap that is.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts. Bertrand Russell

10. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    Fortunately the only reason I have needed a gun is to shoot my neighbors pet Groundhogs every summer when they wander over.

Gun control is= My woman won't let me shoot them from the kitchen window anymore and I have to go outside and do it from the deck. Can't shoot guns in the house, what crap that is.

That's pretty funny.... and I can't blame her for instituting a New Rule like that.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks sundaydriver thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    That's pretty funny.... and I can't blame her for instituting a New Rule like that.
    Yeah but after having crawled around a few times to find the spent shell casings I learned my lesson and then switched to a bolt action, end off problem. So yes I think it's unfair.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundaydriver View Post
    Yeah but after having crawled around a few times to find the spent shell casings I learned my lesson and then switched to a bolt action, end off problem. So yes I think it's unfair.
    I've been inside a couple of buildings when a gun goes off... it's only about 10,000 times louder!

The worst was back in high school at a party when a knucklehead was showing us his Dad's new 12-gauge. I asked him if it was unloaded, and he said "Yeah, see?" and pulled the trigger. The roar in his Dad's bedroom was unreal and tore a nice big hole in the ceiling. I decided I didn't want to hang around with him anymore after that and the ringing in my ears stopped a couple days later.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

15. Thanks sundaydriver, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Damn, look like I missed a lot in this "gun" thread.

Ok just for kicks, there are 1. all talk never done shit bad-asses and then there are 2. really silent real bad-asses, then there are 3. people once very silent about it all but think--"hell why not admit it all and admit maybe a lot of it(the fighting) wasn't too bright to do"! But it still always beats being a damn coward even if you get your ass handed to you with a smile! Done that and had it done to me both. Nobody I know, if they fought bad-truly bad-ass guys - "a lot"- for over three decades won every damn fight. I damn sure did not...

Now, am I supposed to be ashamed about admitting being defeated?
    Well no, not in my world.
    Toughest SOB THAT I EVER KNEW ADMITTED HIS ASS WAS ROYALLY STOMPED AT LEAST THREE TIMES IN HIS LIFE!
    And I am speaking about street fighting with no- weapons. ok?
    So chill, drink a beer and concentrate on the bastards that want to rape/enslave our women/kids, murder us and
    live like 7th century savages while they pray to Satan 6 times a day for a lying promise.- -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yeah. I figured you'd catch that.
    Don't be so hard on yerself little man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

The one for putting food on the table looks like my style. You can can make other things "go away" with that.

​Absolutely...gotta have food on the table as one of the main priorities....then the rest "other things" can be handled with a better frame of mind....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Damn, look like I missed a lot in this "gun" thread.

Ok just for kicks, there are 1. all talk never done shit bad-asses and then there are 2. really silent real bad-asses, then there are 3. people once very silent about it all but think--"hell why not admit it all and admit maybe a lot of it(the fighting) wasn't too bright to do"! But it still always beats being a damn coward even if you get your ass handed to you with a smile! Done that and had it done to me both. Nobody I know, if they fought bad-truly bad-ass guys - "a lot"- for over three decades won every damn fight. I damn sure did not...

Now, am I supposed to be ashamed about admitting being defeated?
    Well no, not in my world.
    Toughest SOB THAT I EVER KNEW ADMITTED HIS ASS WAS ROYALLY STOMPED AT LEAST THREE TIMES IN HIS LIFE!
    And I am speaking about street fighting with no- weapons. ok?
    So chill, drink a beer and concentrate on the bastards that want to rape/enslave our women/kids, murder us and
    live like 7th century savages while they pray to Satan 6 times a day for a lying promise.- -Tyr
    Couple of points: One I said "hardass", not "badass". I never consider myself any kind of Billy Badass. I know what I can and can't do.

Two, I don't like vets questioning other vets. I was a hardass before I was ever a Marine. I was raised that way. If anyone wants to know if I'm a vet you ask Pix or Shadow. BOTH have seen my little grey ID card and DD214s and both have gotten a military discount at dinner.

The first fight I ever got into was when I was in the 1st grade and some 5th grader girl rubbed my nose in the sandbox on the playground in Billy Mitchell Village on Kelly AFB. Oh yeah, I was feeling REAL tough. SInce I used to compete, I've lost and I've won. It's how you take the losing that matters more than how you take the winning. My "weapon" is between my ears.

But there doesn't have to be someone with a terminal mindset that they need all the attention and can't stand it when someone else is getting it and has to piss all over everyone else. I'm really sorry that someone wants to be offended by what I say, but it's kind of tough shit. I post here for entertainment and interact with people I've known for over a decade. Think I've already said this, but just how the f*ck am I supposed to do that WITHOUT posting? And who or what am I supposed to relate things to if it's NOT me? Hell, I ain't none of you. Y'all can be good at whatever you're good at. I'm good at what I'm good at. There's no trying to be a "badass". I've yet to try and never seen anyone jump through a computer screen.

I came back to this board because I can't stand all the damned drama on the other boards. But there's always got to be at least one drama queen. They can piss all over themselves instead of everyone else.

21. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Couple of points: One I said "hardass", not "badass". I never consider myself any kind of Billy Badass. I know what I can and can't do.

Two, I don't like vets questioning other vets. I was a hardass before I was ever a Marine. I was raised that way. If anyone wants to know if I'm a vet you ask Pix or Shadow. BOTH have seen my little grey ID card and DD214s and both have gotten a military discount at dinner.

The first fight I ever got into was when I was in the 1st grade and some 5th grader girl rubbed my nose in the sandbox on the playground in Billy Mitchell Village on Kelly AFB. Oh yeah, I was feeling REAL tough. SInce I used to compete, I've lost and I've won. It's how you take the losing that matters more than how you take the winning. My "weapon" is between my ears.

But there doesn't have to be someone with a terminal mindset that they need all the attention and can't stand it when someone else is getting it and has to piss all over everyone else. I'm really sorry that someone wants to be offended by what I say, but it's kind of tough shit. I post here for entertainment and interact with people I've known for over a decade. Think I've already said this, but just how the f*ck am I supposed to do that WITHOUT posting? And who or what am I supposed to relate things to if it's NOT me? Hell, I ain't none of you. Y'all can be good at whatever you're good at. I'm good at what I'm good at. There's no trying to be a "badass". I've yet to try and never seen anyone jump through a computer screen.

I came back to this board because I can't stand all the damned drama on the other boards. But there's always got to be at least one drama queen. They can piss all over themselves instead of everyone else.
    To make clear my comments about 99% of my comment was about me, and in no way questioned your creds gunny. In fact, I defended that some few of us have decided to tell about our lives- the good and the bad-with no embellishments and editing , etc. To some that may look like bragging--but its just being truthful. My good friend always said, it ain't bragging hoss, if its true.. And I whole heartedly go by that philosophy myself.
    I do that a lot- and I admit my youthful follies a lot too.
    I questioned nobody's creds in my comment .
    All I did was try to point out why I POST THE WAY I DO...
    AND HOW IN LIFE WE HAVE THAT 1,2, 3 TYPE PEOPLE THAT I THEN DESCRIBED.
    Some of us have lived damn wild young lives and actually lived long enough to talk about it--even hoping to benefit others by doing so..
    And even reformed ourselves. -- -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.