Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Forgetting events? No.
But forgetting emotions? Yes, and in the most part that is a healthy and inevitable outcome.

There’s also a wave of about-to-be college students who weren’t alive before 9/11, who’s emotions are about as detached as it is possible to be, that changes conversations.
So what you're saying, is:

1. Don't forget what happened. However ...

2. Make sure you cease to view it, and feel about it, as people did at that time.

WHY ???

Tell me. In your Leftie world, are people entitled to learn (for example) about the horrors of Auschwitz, but NOT entitled to feel anything for Nazism's victims there ?

It's surely essentially the same point as the one you're trying to make now. An atrocity was committed on this day, in New York, all those years ago. Americans have the RIGHT to feel as they do, and I would argue (to the extent I could even have the smallest justification in adding my own judgment on this !) that if they want to revisit their memories of that day, and feel what they feel about it all, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, AND IT IS 'HEALTHY' THAT THEY DO !!!

I don't feel at all comfortable about judging any of this. How is it, Noir, that you do ??

In your world, would you rather that Americans become emotionally disengaged, so that all impetus and motivation in fighting the evil that spawned this terrorism, is lost ??

Do you believe that grieving families have now lost the right to grieve ??

Do you now appreciate, Noir, how WRONG you are ??