Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    If you truly "don't give a crap", as you so often like to tell us, my intentions towards Howey wouldn't mean a thing to you. I suggest that if you really don't care, you might start with not worrying about what two other people say to each other that had zilch to do with you. Let alone describe it as worthy of "flying into a rage". Or will you now claim this is one those fake posts you like to make, designed to jab at someone or something, but not get reprimanded in the process?
    Think of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life". If I don't step up to make Howie feel welcome, perhaps no one else will. I think he is exactly who he claims to be. Howie has no ability to give or take away anything to/from me. There's no reason for fakery.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    You use your ASD like a crutch. My 13 yr. old knows better.

Wait until he has himself and only himself to survive. Wait until he struggles to date and have a job. He will learn the meaning of "by any legal means necessary". When survival is the name of the game, you grab any tool you can and you don't ask who likes it. I have seen the results of those who do otherwise: It ain't pretty.
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post

Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    You use your ASD like a crutch. My 13 yr. old knows better.
    Wait until he has himself and only himself to survive. Wait until he struggles to date and have a job. He will learn the meaning of "by any legal means necessary". When survival is the name of the game, you grab any tool you can and you don't ask who likes it. I have seen the results of those who do otherwise: It ain't pretty.
    Just because you're struggling with reality doesn't mean EVERYONE with some type of ASD is, or will. I have no doubt my son will be a fully functioning member of society, without all the attitude and nonsense you display daily. Essentially, his teachers and I are giving him the tools you appear to lack.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Just because you're struggling with reality doesn't mean EVERYONE with some type of ASD is, or will. I have no doubt my son will be a fully functioning member of society, without all the attitude and nonsense you display daily. Essentially, his teachers and I are giving him the tools you appear to lack.
    That's courageous of you to share such helpful information. I'm curious about these tools you speak of. Remember that each ASD has a different manifestation for each person. Mine has these characteristics: Severely impaired "bonding", near-zero sense of embarrassment, under or over interpretation of context, catastrophic thinking, among others. Jim just did something really nice by clearly pointing out an instance of over interpretation. Thank you both for lowering the bar. With decades of experience to back it up, I can tell you that "liberated" women flat refuse to lower the bar. They act entitled to full social functioning even from those unable to deliver such. That comes from both dating attempts from decades ago, to workplace situations more recently. I have never had to use the EEOC to protect me from males; I can't say the same for females.

It's not about struggling with reality. I have found my little crevice where I can function. It's leaving that crevice that's the problem. An online forum such as this is a limited attempt to peek out of that crevice.
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-24-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.