Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nor should it ever be. Brilliant point, the u.s. constitution means nothing to those who hate us, and if they could they would take away all our freedoms and make us either a muslim caliphate, or one world government, and we know the only people who truly care about our republic are american citizens, not illegals, not europeans, not muslims, not any other country.

Just us mate

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget (fmr Marine) View Post
    The US is not beholden to other jurisdictions that are to place the US in an inferior position, otherwise our Constitution would be as valuable as butt wipe.............

From: http://aapsonline.org/jpands/hacienda/article4.html
    Last edited by actsnoblemartin; 01-01-2008 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    Nor should it ever be. Brilliant point, the u.s. constitution means nothing to those who hate us, and if they could they would take away all our freedoms and make us either a muslim caliphate, or one world government, and we know the only people who truly care about our republic are american citizens, not illegals, not europeans, not muslims, not any other country.

Just us mate
    Most on the kook left do see the US as the bad guy in this war

Saving American Lives? Not in my Name!
    A surprised interviewer got a glimpse at the face of true evil last week when Vice peeResident SElect Dick "Torquemada" Cheney, whose daughter is a lesbian, boasted that he would dunk a terrorist in water if it would save "American lives" of all things.

American lives? I cannot place enough exclamation points at the end of this sentence to adequately express my outrage!!!!!!!

Put aside for a moment that fact that American lives are not Cheney's to save; but are they even worth saving? Does a society that would sanction the dunking of an innocent terrorist for the sake of self-preservation even deserve to exist?

As a patriotic liberal who spent the weekend vainly hoping his underwear would dry through his pants, I couldn't live with myself knowing that somewhere out there someone was going through the same unspeakable torture just to protect the lives of people who are vastly inferior to me. I encourage other progressives who feel the same way to join their shrill voices with mine and demand that that no more terrorists are dunked, doused, drenched, or moistened in our names. The lives of the American people are simply not worth it.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebu..._american.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just us mate

but if the U.S. Constitution doesn't have a position of absolute primacy with US, then we are bound to fail as a society and as a nation-state.

Again...Martin...members of the military take an oath upon entering the service. They do not take an oath to defend the country.... they take an oath to defend the constitution. that is how important it is and needs to continue to be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    but if the U.S. Constitution doesn't have a position of absolute primacy with US, then we are bound to fail as a society and as a nation-state.

Again...Martin...members of the military take an oath upon entering the service. They do not take an oath to defend the country.... they take an oath to defend the constitution. that is how important it is and needs to continue to be.
    If we do not defend America we will lose this war - which is what you want anyway MM (and your party)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    If we do not defend America we will lose this war - which is what you want anyway MM (and your party)
    if the only way you can find to "defend America" is by pissing on the constitution, it really isn't America anymore, is it?

I really want to win the war against Islamic extremism. I have always said that and always believed that winning that war was essential to our future peace and safety.

You and I differ on whether or not the actions in Iraq are a legitimate and productive part of that war. You say yes...I say no...but both of us want to win the war against Extremist islamists. We have that in common... The big difference: you would gladly piss on the document that makes us different than any other country. I would continue to support and defend it against all enemies - foreign AND domestic.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if the only way you can find to "defend America" is by pissing on the constitution, it really isn't America anymore, is it?

I really want to win the war against Islamic extremism. I have always said that and always believed that winning that war was essential to our future peace and safety.

You and I differ on whether or not the actions in Iraq are a legitimate and productive part of that war. You say yes...I say no...but both of us want to win the war against Extremist islamists. We have that in common... The big difference: you would gladly piss on the document that makes us different than any other country. I would continue to support and defend it against all enemies - foreign AND domestic.
    What exactly are you doing to protect the constitution?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    What exactly are you doing to protect the constitution?
    two off the top of my head:

1. remaining involved in the political process and highlighting the efforts of others to weaken or ignore the constitution.

2. continuing to provide tangible support to those active duty personnel who are actively involved in its defense.

how about you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

two off the top of my head:

1. remaining involved in the political process and highlighting the efforts of others to weaken or ignore the constitution.

2. continuing to provide tangible support to those active duty personnel who are actively involved in its defense.

how about you?
    Is it making any difference ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that's hard to quantify, isn't it? the troops that are supported by my congregation certainly indicate that it makes a difference in THEIR lives...

and regarding the impact of my political participation, we would have to know, somehow, where everything would be if I were NOT participating.

are you gonna answer MY question, or just continue to rudely ignore it while offering more of your own?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that's hard to quantify, isn't it? the troops that are supported by my congregation certainly indicate that it makes a difference in THEIR lives...

and regarding the impact of my political participation, we would have to know, somehow, where everything would be if I were NOT participating.

are you gonna answer MY question, or just continue to rudely ignore it while offering more of your own?
    I think that unless you have evidence to the contrary, you can safely assume that the constitution would be the same whether you participated in the political process or not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think that unless you have evidence to the contrary, you can safely assume that the constitution would be the same whether you participated in the political process or not.
    so..perhaps, if I, individually, became disinterested in preserving the constitution, there would be no measureable impact....however, there can be no doubt that, if everyone who cared about the constitution, became disinterested in preserving it, the degradation would be measurable. Guys like RSR - and you, apparently - would be more than willing to piss on whatever articles of the constitution stood in their way and no one would stand against them/you.

And I think it is safe to assume that you are going to continue to be rude and avoid questions posed to you even as you continue to pose new ones to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so..perhaps, if I, individually, became disinterested in preserving the constitution, there would be no measureable impact....however, there can be no doubt that, if everyone who cared about the constitution, became disinterested in preserving it, the degradation would be measurable. Guys like RSR - and you, apparently - would be more than willing to piss on whatever articles of the constitution stood in their way and no one would stand against them/you.

And I think it is safe to assume that you are going to continue to be rude and avoid questions posed to you even as you continue to pose new ones to me.
    There are millions who care about preserving the constitution. People just disagree as to what that means. That's why the Supreme Court is there. Take a break, Atlas--everyone is expendable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

absolute primacy?

Im not saying, dont keep our word, be a dishonest nation, and be as evil as the islamic extremists. What im saying is...

#1 the constitution is open to interpretation

#2 in 2004, the u.s. ratified it, only with the option to do whatever it thought was neccesary or wanted lol

#3 sometimes, you have to lie, to do the wrong thing for right reason.
    its more complex then just right or wrong, you have to take everything into account, and plenty of times, make the best of two lousy or barely moral decisions. and even then hindsight is twenty twenty

#4 what is your point about the united states wont succeed as a nation?

#5 the constitution is important, and so are reasonable safeguards, but also we must balance that with the fact.. without the county, you have no constitution.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

really great point, somebody has to have the final word, even if i disagree with them saying illegals are entitled to free education

There are millions who care about preserving the constitution. People just disagree as to what that means. That's why the Supreme Court is there. Take a break, Atlas--everyone is expendable.
    Last edited by actsnoblemartin; 01-02-2008 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There ain't no such thing as "free" anything, martin.

really great point, somebody has to have the final word, even if i disagree with them saying illegals are entitled to free education
    Am I to take it that you think Americans should pay for the education individuals that have somehow cheated the system?