Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Got it, so hitting full grown adults is not ok, but defenseless children is okay to hit. It's not okay to hit dogs, but okay to hit little kids. Got it!
    I don't see how you have latitude to adopt a judgmental tone in any of this, Pete. I've repeatedly asked you for your own alternative to smacking a child, as part of a process of making one behave. You've not provided one.

If you were right and we were wrong, you'd have a means of showing us the error of our ways. But, you don't.

So tell me, why are you making comparisons between children and adults ? Do adults have the same need for discipline as children ? Are adults every bit as impervious to reason as children are ?

THIS is why an alternative to reasoning with a child is highly necessary, Pete, because so many will ignore such efforts if they're made, if they feel like it.

Pete ... really ... why aren't these arguments obvious to you ? Are you so mired in your 'PC' rot that you're deliberately blind to anything, no matter how eminently sensible, that's put to you ??

... Silly question. Yes, I know ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Why do you people argue with Pete? You know you'll never change his mind. He's been indoctrinated, brain washed, and it is DEEP, it is total.

Put him on ignore like I did, and maybe he'll go away.

After his comment about violence being us veterans and the military answer to everything, that should tell you just how sick that little leftist fuckers head is, and what he thinks of many of us here.

3. Thanks Drummond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Why do you people argue with Pete? You know you'll never change his mind. He's been indoctrinated, brain washed, and it is DEEP, it is total.

After his comment about violence being us veterans and the military answer to everything, that should tell you just how sick that little leftist fuckers head is, and what he thinks of many of us here.
    Yup, please, anyone who believes in smacking young defenseless kids is okay put me on ignore. Hitting kids is a new a low for this community. Full grown men, smacking their kids, because they have no other ideas on how to parent. That is caveman parenting.
    Last edited by pete311; 09-17-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default Local school reinstates paddle policy

@pete Post #65?
    Last edited by Noir; 09-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Well .. if we all put him on ignore, he'd tell anyone who'd care to listen how it was that nobody here was willing to challenge him back on anything he wanted to assert. It'd be 'good' propaganda for his side of the fence.

Why give him such a gift, when he couldn't possibly deserve it ?

You're basically right. This individual is brainwashed, and even when he's comprehensively proved wrong, he'll never admit it in a million years. He'd rather run and hide than be honourable enough to give an inch in fair debate.

Still, I enjoy defeating him. Such as, in this current debate. He can't defend his position, he can't give alternatives. That's painfully obvious. It has its worth as amusement value.

As for his thoughts on the military .. I'd say this was all the more reason to take him on. You surely know his type ... if he isn't tackled, he'll just go away with a false sense of self-righteousness. Elessar's 'calling him out' is, in my view, exactly what Pete has earned.

7. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    @pete Post #65?
    Good luck with that one ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

@pete Post #65?
    not abuse, except if you are verbally shitting on your kid every instance.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Okay - so patching this together for clarity (and then I’ll I’ll trim it to one idea to keep the conversation focused)

Quote Originally Posted by noir
    It’s not abuse, but I don’t think it’s desirable either.

It is a abuse. Do you hit your dog when he acts out? Do you hit your wife or girlfriend when she acts out? I doubt it. Then why on gods green earth do you think it's okay to hit your own small child.
    Quote Originally Posted by noir
    Is shouting at a child acceptable? Is lying to a child acceptable? Is grounding a child acceptable?

not abuse, except if you are verbally shitting on your kid every instance.
    So from that it follows - Do you shout at your girlfriend when she “acts out”? Or at the very least do you think girlfriends should be shouted at when they “act out”?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

lol, bashing me for not replying soon enough on a friday night or saturday morning. I'm surprised ya'll have the time, in between hitting your child. Like most things here we're not going to come to an agreement. I'm in the camp of not hitting your children, you guys in the camp for beating your child. If you guys think there are no alternatives, then you are shitty parents. Children never deserve violence. If it gets to the point where you feel you need to strike them, then everything you did before that was in error. Do you guys also hit your dogs and cats when they misbehave? Fucking savages.

Pete, I was beaten as a child by my own mother. Regularly. And they are not false memories, as my two older brothers can tell the same story. I vowed to break the chain with my own daughter, and I did. I would never and did never hit my child in anger or in any way violently. But when she was young, she got the very occasional light spank on the butt.
    There is a world of difference between a corrective mild spank and a beating. And I dare you to try to tell me otherwise. I've been there, and I know all too well.

Btw, one or two spankings at a young age, and you usually never have to actually do it again.

I had a medical visit this morning, and the two nurses and I happened to be talking about this very thing, before I saw this thread. They both were saying that the problem with kids today is they have zero fear of any authority. Kids now tell their own parents that they will call 911 if they touch them. The nurses blame lack of spanking and our accompanying overbearing laws for the problem.

I will say this: It is the parents' job, not the school, to punish this way. We considered a private Christian school when our daughter was young, but they reserved the right to inflict corporal punishment for misbehaving. That was not going to happen. The problem is, if the young kids know there will be no spanking at home, they will continue to disobey at school, and the schools have little to no recourse. I feel sorry for school employees who have to deal with undisciplined kids, and have nowhere to turn.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Elessar, Drummond, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Well .. if we all put him on ignore, he'd tell anyone who'd care to listen how it was that nobody here was willing to challenge him back on anything he wanted to assert. It'd be 'good' propaganda for his side of the fence.

Why give him such a gift, when he couldn't possibly deserve it ?

You're basically right. This individual is brainwashed, and even when he's comprehensively proved wrong, he'll never admit it in a million years. He'd rather run and hide than be honourable enough to give an inch in fair debate.

Still, I enjoy defeating him. Such as, in this current debate. He can't defend his position, he can't give alternatives. That's painfully obvious. It has its worth as amusement value.

As for his thoughts on the military .. I'd say this was all the more reason to take him on. You surely know his type ... if he isn't tackled, he'll just go away with a false sense of self-righteousness. Elessar's 'calling him out' is, in my view, exactly what Pete has earned.
    Honestly, Drummond, there is NO ONE pete could tell, whatever the hell he wants, that I would give two shits about. I don't see ignoring him as losing anything. I see it as a win, because I don't have to read his moronic crap. See... he's PAST just being a democrat, or even a liberal, he's into FULL BLOWN RADICAL LEFTISM. He is BRAIN WASHED into an ideology that is UNHEALTHY. Him and his kind are a danger to society with their sick and twisted views of how they think things should be. They are mentally ill, and they have nothing to say that I need to hear.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-17-2018 at 03:23 PM.

14. Thanks Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

So from that it follows - Do you shout at your girlfriend when she “acts out”? Or at the very least do you think girlfriends should be shouted at when they “act out”?
    I have a wife and I've only shouted at her a few times in 5 years. Interested to see your end game on this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Honestly, Drummond, there is NO ONE pete could tell, whatever the hell he wants, that I would give two shits about. I don't see ignoring him as losing anything. I see it as a win, because I don't have to read his moronic crap. See... he's PAST just being a democrat, or even a liberal, he's into FULL BLOWN RADICAL LEFTISM. He is BRAIN WASHED into an ideology that is UNHEALTHY. Him and his kind are a danger to society with their sick and twisted views of how they think things should be. They are mentally ill, and they have nothing to say that I need to hear.
    He is a cowardly swine that hat will run and hide when faced up to.

Face me or the other Vets in my Call Out, so that the whole community can see what a coward you are.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Pete, I was beaten as a child by my own mother. Regularly. And they are not false memories, as my two older brothers can tell the same story. I vowed to break the chain with my own daughter, and I did. I would never and did never hit my child in anger or in any way violently. But when she was young, she got the very occasional light spank on the butt.
    There is a world of difference between a corrective mild spank and a beating. And I dare you to try to tell me otherwise. I've been there, and I know all too well.

Btw, one or two spankings at a young age, and you usually never have to actually do it again.

I had a medical visit this morning, and the two nurses and I happened to be talking about this very thing, before I saw this thread. They both were saying that the problem with kids today is they have zero fear of any authority. Kids now tell their own parents that they will call 911 if they touch them. The nurses blame lack of spanking and our accompanying overbearing laws for the problem.

I will say this: It is the parents' job, not the school, to punish this way. We considered a private Christian school when our daughter was young, but they reserved the right to inflict corporal punishment for misbehaving. That was not going to happen. The problem is, if the young kids know there will be no spanking at home, they will continue to disobey at school, and the schools have little to no recourse. I feel sorry for school employees who have to deal with undisciplined kids, and have nowhere to turn.
    Plenty of inner city kids get their fathers belt. It doesn't help. They just become bitter and violent themselves. Violence is never the answer. If you need to resort to physical violence on your child you need to rethink everything you've done. Physical violence is NOT some inherent and vital attribute to parenting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have a wife and I've only shouted at her a few times in 5 years. Interested to see your end game on this.
    Again you deflect.

People are people, man and woman....couples gay or homo. No two of a couple have the same
    psychology so there will be conflict. Couples need to see that and know it is not personal.

Is your shouting abuse in your terms?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

The “end game” is your distinction between physical violence and verbal violence.

You are are more than willing to state that there are degrees to which verbal violence is acceptable - to the extent that I do not think you would consider yourself to be an abusive husband even though you have been verbally abusive to your wife.

Recognise the same in the people you are colouring as child abusers.

22. Thanks Drummond thanked this post