Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default President Trump: North Korean Missile Tests Do Not Pose Threat To U.S.

UPDATED 10:40 AM PT — Sunday, July 28, 2019

President Trump downplays last week’s missile tests by North Korea.
    Last week, during a press conference the President said the incident would not interfere with U.S. North Korea negotiations.

He said the missiles were ‘short-range,’ commonly used by many countries, and therefore did not pose a threat to the U.S.
    “They are short range missiles and my relationship is very good with Chairman Kim and we’ll see what happens. But they are short range missiles, and many people have those missiles” President Trump said.
    In fact, the President went on to tout his healthy working relationship with Chairman Kim Jong Un, saying the relationship remains in good condition and the tests were not carried out in bad faith against the U.S.
    “He didn’t say a warning to the United States. I can tell you that. he didn’t say a warning to the United States” President Trump said.
    North Korea successfully test fired two short-range missiles last week in an apparent warning to South Korean military warmongers.

https://www.oann.com/president-trump...threat-to-u-s/

"We got Trump now, boys .... Kim's got nukes!"
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    https://www.oann.com/president-trump...threat-to-u-s/

"We got Trump now, boys .... Kim's got nukes!"

I think the decision has been made by the administration that NO. Kor. can maybe be contained, but not stopped from nukes, which they already have. The issue left would be Japan, So. Korea and other Pacific allies.

I think Iran has learned from this.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Two more tests in last few hours. Luckily no problems.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Two more tests in last few hours. Luckily no problems.
    Short range stuff. Might pose a threat to western Pacific countries. I suspect it's a lot of sabre rattling for now (the boy wants attention methinks).
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Short range stuff. Might pose a threat to western Pacific countries. I suspect it's a lot of sabre rattling for now (the boy wants attention methinks).
    No doubt. Luckily not us or our allies at threat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

No doubt. Luckily not us or our allies at threat.
    I suppose Japan and South Korea would be primary targets for those sorts of weapons.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

8. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I suppose Japan and South Korea would be primary targets for those sorts of weapons.
    The missiles are new short range, extremely reliable, capable of carrying nukes. South Korea, Japan, we do have some troops in those places, no?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Hasn't met with Trump lately and no sanctions lifted entirely as he desired, so yup, back to rattling looking for that attention again. But I would demand promises, if possible, if going to ever meet again.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Wasn't it last month they met at the DMZ? Pompeo was going to meet with him in July, but the missile test-2nd I think, made Pompeo cancel that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I disagree with Trump on this one, North Korea should be told in no uncertain terms to knock it off. As Kath as said, Iran is learning from this. If we'll let North Korea have nukes and test missiles, why shouldn't we let Iran?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wasn't it last month they met at the DMZ? Pompeo was going to meet with him in July, but the missile test-2nd I think, made Pompeo cancel that.
    Yes, but he little guy didn't get his way and didn't get money and sanctions lifted, and now others are getting attention, both around the world (Iran) and here at home. I think little guy wants attention, like someone else said, and I believe the rattling is done to get that attention. That was my only point, is that he wants attention. Attention went elsewhere!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yes, but he little guy didn't get his way and didn't get money and sanctions lifted, and now others are getting attention, both around the world (Iran) and here at home. I think little guy wants attention, like someone else said, and I believe the rattling is done to get that attention. That was my only point, is that he wants attention. Attention went elsewhere!
    Then he should get attention or more costs, not the ignoring of sending off missiles without anything but a tsk, tsk, when we do have allies and permanent troops in the area.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I disagree with Trump on this one, North Korea should be told in no uncertain terms to knock it off. As Kath as said, Iran is learning from this. If we'll let North Korea have nukes and test missiles, why shouldn't we let Iran?
    I said from the get go to nuke the bastards, or swoop in and completely destroy every installation and communications. Make it impossible for them. But you think the dems would allow for that "war"? They flip out for just meeting with the little fella. But I too disagree it's not an issue, as I think its always an issue. But we too do similar, and our war games - but we are weeeeee more responsible than they are.

And I would further tell him, sanctions just got 20x tougher to get lifted, and all must be inter-continental ballistics are off limits, and we need to have the appropriate agency watch them get rid of their nuclear crap. I said the same with Iran. Believe it or not, it's another thing the left is actually tough about - but of course then change tune and it's problematic when Trump is in office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Then he should get attention or more costs, not the ignoring of sending off missiles without anything but a tsk, tsk, when we do have allies and permanent troops in the area.
    Agreed, but nothing remotely new here. War games about to start, and they have always been known to get loud or test missiles just prior to make themselves known as well. And while I still disagree with them 100% - these were short range missiles and not inter-continental.

He does tsk tsk and gets a lot of complaints, some rightfully so. Take any action against them, and the left would go insane, demand congress investigations and we know solely as ammunition for the upcoming election. Stupid, but a fact. And unfortunately, such things must be taken into account. As opposed to reacting quickly, facing the heat at home - and then having NK get the apology tour from Democrats as they try to take over the WH and then some.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Agreed, but nothing remotely new here. War games about to start, and they have always been known to get loud or test missiles just prior to make themselves known as well. And while I still disagree with them 100% - these were short range missiles and not inter-continental.

He does tsk tsk and gets a lot of complaints, some rightfully so. Take any action against them, and the left would go insane, demand congress investigations and we know solely as ammunition for the upcoming election. Stupid, but a fact. And unfortunately, such things must be taken into account. As opposed to reacting quickly, facing the heat at home - and then having NK get the apology tour from Democrats as they try to take over the WH and then some.
    Alrighty then, just business as usual. I don't mean to cast aspersions around.