Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've worked hard to derail this thread. Stop trying to screw it up.

Did I tell you that I finally decided what I want for Christmas? A little background...

I learned to drive in a 1967 Toyota FJ40 (I currently drive an FJ Cruiser), straight six, three on the tree, removable top, full roll cage, wind wings for air conditioning, real rattletrap. I loved it. Well, my dad sold it without asking me if I wanted to buy, broke my heart.

Recently, I found this place down in Florida:

https://www.fj.co/

They do off the chassis full restoration of older Toyota FJs of all models. I especially like the older FJ40s, 45 Pickups, and the 45LVs.

I can't win the lottery soon enough...

Trying to help you with the derail, how was that?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Did I tell you that I finally decided what I want for Christmas? A little background...

I learned to drive in a 1967 Toyota FJ40 (I currently drive an FJ Cruiser), straight six, three on the tree, removable top, full roll cage, wind wings for air conditioning, real rattletrap. I loved it. Well, my dad sold it without asking me if I wanted to buy, broke my heart.

Recently, I found this place down in Florida:

https://www.fj.co/

They do off the chassis full restoration of older Toyota FJs of all models. I especially like the older FJ40s, 45 Pickups, and the 45LVs.

I can't win the lottery soon enough...

Trying to help you with the derail, how was that?
    I think that's a win.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm pretty sure Bully is long out of the Navy. Gunny said before, 'we pretty much should just accept those who say they served.' I'm of that mindset, barring they say something that truly sounds off regarding their service. I don't think anyone should have to prove the served here, on a messageboard. As noted, it would seem to me bad for the morale of a unit to allow arguments to go to the level we do here, I would assume it isn't allowed-for good reason. Once you're out, all's fair.
    I have real heartburn with Stolen Valor.

And when I smell a rat, I speak out. It's gotten me in a bind a couple of times over the years, but I'm consistent.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I have real heartburn with Stolen Valor.

And when I smell a rat, I speak out. It's gotten me in a bind a couple of times over the years, but I'm consistent.
    I'm pretty sure way back when, there really wasn't a question about Bully's service. Saying that it's questionable because he's now a nutter over Trump, is right up there with Krugman's tweets.

Seems to me we need less crazy, not more. It's ok for folks to not like Trump, as long as they keep it non-violent. OTOH, it's ok that I threw a slipper at my tv while watching Obama today.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure way back when, there really wasn't a question about Bully's service. Saying that it's questionable because he's now a nutter over Trump, is right up there with Krugman's tweets.

Seems to me we need less crazy, not more. It's ok for folks to not like Trump, as long as they keep it non-violent. OTOH, it's ok that I threw a slipper at my tv while watching Obama today.
    No, I've always thought Bully Boy was lying, just as Pyschobabble lied about his service.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No, I've always thought Bully Boy was lying, just as Pyschobabble lied about his service.
    Ok, then I guess he really should prove it to everyone by posting all the needed documents to everyone's satisfaction. Then of course, anyone else that is questioned, must do the same, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Well, I would defer to you, CSM, Bilgie, Elessar, AT, DMP and other veterans, of course.

I know a shit-ton of Veterans, and not one of them has ever espoused the loathing for America, the flag, Constitution or loving the surrender-everything mentality that he's displayed. I'd bet a great deal of money that he's not.

I'm sure that there ARE worms in the military like that, you'll have scumbags in any large group of people. I can see someone like that in uniform with a draft, but that hasn't been the case in a long time. But voluntarily signing up for an institution that prides itself on American values and traditions? I just don't buy it.

NightTrain. As many of the other vets here will probably verify. Yes, there are many worms, and scumbags who are, or who have been in uniform. Speaking from my own experiences; those we call worms, scumbags, and even douchebags, have usually been the guys, and gals who habitually got into trouble, disobeyed orders, refused to work, clean their body, or abused others. And that usually meant...Discharges Other than Honorable, or Dishonorable...always blaming the military, or the officers, and enlisted people they disrespected for their Troubles (excuses) for getting kicked-out, WITHOUT BENEFITS.
    Strange thing is. Those are the exact kinds of people who later become STOLEN VALOR idiots who dress themselves up in Ribbons, Medals, and Gold Stripes that mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...even as they try to become a member of the V.F.W.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh hell, there's no doubt, or so I always believed, that veterans uphold themselves in a certain manner. And I don't mean politics, as they're free to like whoever the please.

How many military threads have been participated in? How many times gone into threads that honored military folks, or veterans, or those that died or received the highest honors? Engaged in friendly discussion with fellow veterans? Or is the contempt simply too much that he cannot do so? Condemnation of specific terrorist acts? Condemnation of things that have happened to US soldiers on foreign soil? A "man that sure sucks" over high casualty events toward any US soldiers?

While I take him at his word for his service - he doesn't seem to get along very well with fellow service members. Doesn't seem to want to acknowledge bad times that hit his brothers and sisters. Perhaps he's just the quiet type and doesn't like to talk military.

He's probably gonna be 'pissed' when he reads all of this!

Bully, I love you man!!!
    Bully isn't all that loveable! LOL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Did I tell you that I finally decided what I want for Christmas?
    I know you didn't ask me, but I'm going to act as if you did anyway. So oh, you want to know what I want for Christmas? A damn monkey!! And Santa is in the dead pool if it doesn't happen soon. I've only been asking that fat bastard since I was like 10 years old.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks hjmick, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    NightTrain. As many of the other vets here will probably verify. Yes, there are many worms, and scumbags who are, or who have been in uniform. Speaking from my own experiences; those we call worms, scumbags, and even douchebags, have usually been the guys, and gals who habitually got into trouble, disobeyed orders, refused to work, clean their body, or abused others. And that usually meant...Discharges Other than Honorable, or Dishonorable...always blaming the military, or the officers, and enlisted people they disrespected for their Troubles (excuses) for getting kicked-out, WITHOUT BENEFITS.
    Strange thing is. Those are the exact kinds of people who later become STOLEN VALOR idiots who dress themselves up in Ribbons, Medals, and Gold Stripes that mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...even as they try to become a member of the V.F.W.
    I saw quite a few who did this exact same thing on Military.com, and two other sites.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

15. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Ok, then I guess he really should prove it to everyone by posting all the needed documents to everyone's satisfaction. Then of course, anyone else that is questioned, must do the same, right?
    Where the hell did I say that? Do yourself a favor and don't put words in my mouth.

And being a "Trump nutter" has nothing to do with anything because he's always been a vile moonbat from day one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Where the hell did I say that? Do yourself a favor and don't put words in my mouth.

And being a "Trump nutter" has nothing to do with anything because he's always been a vile moonbat from day one.
    who is psycho babble?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    who is psycho babble?
    Pyschoblues. Just take my word for it when I say he was one of the worst posters I've run across, and that includes the comments section on youtube.

19. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Of course in 37 years I met a lot who were of a liberal mindset, and a lot of strictly conservative people as well.

But I think Gunny has the clue here. Run your mouth like this on a ship or in a squadbay, you might be sucking on a bar
    of soap for a while.

I prohibited disrespectful talk such as this in the open, and even took a few Junior Officers aside that got
    political in open discussion. I respect the office, if not the person....so I'm not going to tear down the person
    unless it is on a one-to-one discussion out of earshot.

Best solution to this identity issue would be to challenge Bully to send a sanitized copy of a DD-214 to show he is former
    or Ex-Navy...send it to Jim, Gunny, or NT...don't have to reveal it in public.
    Rick, it was this post that got me going, sorry I replied to yours. I'm with you on 'Stolen Valor' I just don't think that challenging people to post documents to prove they are what they say they are is the business of messageboards, unless everyone that claims to be military is going to do so. I take them at their word, if there is a liar, that is totally on them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Since the thread has already been derailed, let me weigh in.

1) I believe Bully is indeed a NAVY vet.

2) You may not like what he says but he certainly has the right to say it. I have seen nothing to indicate to me that he has not served. He may not have been aboard a ship and spent all his time at a medical facility...don't know and don't care.

3) Some of us have sent each other verifying documentation proving veteran status, etc. Not saying Bully has. However, I do not think it is a good idea to send that kind of info to someone you met on a message board unless you have a very high element of trust in the person.

4) I believe Psychoblues served too...as a National Guardsman or reservist. I also believe he grossly exaggerated his deeds while in service. By the way, I hated that bastard.

All that being said, I do not agree with what Bully says much of the time. He is a troll .... a very caustic troll. I am of the same mind as Gunny and Kathy... take someone's claim of service at face value until you can prove otherwise. Believe me, I will be one of the first to call someone out over stolen valor if I believe they are tossing manure around. I will not bash someone's service simply because they are an asshat.

Just my two cents.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

22. Thanks fj1200, Kathianne, SassyLady thanked this post