Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I've never seen what exactly is so wrong with Polygamy, i mean, if three consenting adults want to marry, thats considered illegal, but, say for example, a married man cheats on his wife with a mistress, that is legal? Why should the one that involves lying, hurt, and oath breaking be fine, while the other that is a foundation build on trust and love be deemed unacceptable?
    Btw, while cheating on your spouse is legal, it can still have ramifications. You can lose support and a lot more in divorce proceedings and many pre-nups protect against cheating as well. And I also don't think polygamy is built on trust and love. Many say the same about homosexuals. Many of them see both of them as a path to their perversions. If someone was TRULY in it for trust and love, they would do so with one partner - or they're not in love.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Btw, while cheating on your spouse is legal, it can still have ramifications. You can lose support and a lot more in divorce proceedings and many pre-nups protect against cheating as well. And I also don't think polygamy is built on trust and love. Many say the same about homosexuals. Many of them see both of them as a path to their perversions. If someone was TRULY in it for trust and love, they would do so with one partner - or they're not in love.
    Jimbo at least with queers its never ever been about love or marriage as i've stated time and again, here is some ironclad proof:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_163721.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Jimbo at least with queers its never ever been about love or marriage as i've stated time and again, here is some ironclad proof:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_163721.html
    That proves 2 things.

1. That gays divorce, just like straights
    2. You spend way too much time googling gay.

It doesn't however prove that gays don't fall in love.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    That proves 2 things.

1. That gays divorce, just like straights
    2. You spend way too much time googling gay.

Bullshit, you are a fucking moron.

It proves that they got what they wanted politically and now its back to the rampant promiscuity.

Funny, elementary school kids get that but you don't, maybe its the retardation?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bullshit, you are a fucking moron.

It proves that they got what they wanted politically and now its back to the rampant promiscuity.

Funny, elementary school kids get that but you don't, maybe its the retardation?
    One couple divorcing proves nothing of the sort.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Seems to make sense doesn't it.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Except when they are one of the leaders of the movement and get divorced so quickly thereafter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Except when they are one of the leaders of the movement and get divorced so quickly thereafter.
    Lots of people rush into marriage and in fact marry for reasons other than love; it says nothing about whether other couples are in love.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Maybe not, but way too many gay people are in it for the perversion. Same as polygamists, it's a perversion.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OR, they have a different definition of love than you do, Jim. This is where a lot of hypocrisy does jump up, cause see if I've got this straight: You love and trust your kid, so that means you don't love and trust your wife? Or do you not love your kids, cause your wife got there first? If you were married previously, doesn't that mean that by the definition, you can't love or trust whichever woman you end up with next? How much love and trust can you give people before you run out? Is there a ration in effect?

Okay, now, I don't even vaguely pretend to be someone who would go for polygamy, or even polyamory. I've done the threesome thing before, and it's just not all it's cracked up to be. I will focus to focus on mastering one woman, but I don't see why everyone has to follow that lead. You claim morality, Jim, but even the bible has polygamy, by more than one servant of God.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    OR, they have a different definition of love than you do, Jim. This is where a lot of hypocrisy does jump up, cause see if I've got this straight: You love and trust your kid, so that means you don't love and trust your wife? Or do you not love your kids, cause your wife got there first? If you were married previously, doesn't that mean that by the definition, you can't love or trust whichever woman you end up with next? How much love and trust can you give people before you run out? Is there a ration in effect?

Okay, now, I don't even vaguely pretend to be someone who would go for polygamy, or even polyamory. I've done the threesome thing before, and it's just not all it's cracked up to be. I will focus to focus on mastering one woman, but I don't see why everyone has to follow that lead. You claim morality, Jim, but even the bible has polygamy, by more than one servant of God.
    Loving a child and your wife is MUCH different than loving multiple wives and having sex with all of them. There is NO hypocrisy in my views whatsoever. There's a reason that bigamy and polygamy are outlawed. If you guys feel so strongly that homosexuality and polygamy should be accepted as the norm, so be it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Loving a child and your wife is MUCH different than loving multiple wives and having sex with all of them. There is NO hypocrisy in my views whatsoever. There's a reason that bigamy and polygamy are outlawed. If you guys feel so strongly that homosexuality and polygamy should be accepted as the norm, so be it.
    Who the hell said that? Neither will EVER be accepted as the norm, however the first amendment does not only apply to the norm.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Who the hell said that? Neither will EVER be accepted as the norm, however the first amendment does not only apply to the norm.
    If you are FOR allowing deviancy - then by default you are stating it's not a problem that they are now a part of society. And what does the 1st amendment have to do with whether or not polygamy is lawful or not?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are FOR allowing deviancy - then by default you are stating it's not a problem that they are now a part of society. And what does the 1st amendment have to do with whether or not polygamy is lawful or not?
    I'm for you not telling me what I can and can not do in my bedroom and me not telling you what you can and can not do in YOUR bedroom.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm for you not telling me what I can and can not do in my bedroom and me not telling you what you can and can not do in YOUR bedroom.
    Allowing polygamy is a LOT more than just someone's sexual desires in the bedroom. If 1 man wants 10 women in their bedroom, more power to him. But it crosses the line, IMO, when we allow him to MARRY all of those women, and then have children raised in such an environment.