Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just your everyday run of the mill Musk Ox

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Rick will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is some of Santa's Reindeer?

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some regular 'ol deer being lazy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Big Brown Bear

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

A bald Eagle just sitting around looking bad ass!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just an 8 1/2 foot tall Grizzly Bear, deciding on whether or not he wanted to eat me, and then decided he had an itch instead!

He decided to move up close for me

Look at the tiny little feet!!

And this was about 5 seconds after I changed my shorts, after he scared the bejesus out of me!!

7. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What a beautiful white wolf, up close and personal!

9. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Apparently, these black bears are the ones you see the most, as they are bold and stupid and are most likely to be out in the open, or come up to "human occupied" areas and eat you for breakfast.

Here he is up close

The black bear with that beautiful snow capped mountain in the background!!

I was hoping he was going to bite that guy hanging over with the camera

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Touch the fence! Touch the fence!

Wait...

Pee on the fence! Pee on the fence!
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Had left Alaska, and was now just leaving the crappy Dallas Fort Worth airport, that I spent about 9 hours at all told!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This is the end of my trip, but just via the videos. I have another 700 pictures or so of a lot more cool stuff to go through and share with everyone.

This was just as the captain went over the loudspeaker with "Flight attendants, please prepare for landing". I rolled up my window and this was my view just prior to landing. Yes, I was sad.

I already miss Rick and Sharon. I miss Alaska and all of that beauty, and all of that wildlife. Man, I couldn't thank them enough for what they extended for me. I know home is where home is. But I was in a slice of heaven there for awhile, something all so new to me, literally an adventure. I did a LOT of camping in my life, and a fair amount of travel along the entire east coast mostly. This was different. All those cool things I've seen only on TV my entire life, I got to see and live in a short 10 days. Forever grateful!!!

And this damn crappy view ended it all, a little different than Alaska!!

15. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, Kathianne, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Touch the fence! Touch the fence!

Wait...

Pee on the fence! Pee on the fence!
    Of course I thought of that, at least the touching part. My Dad used to always trick me into touching the wires where they had the cows in Pennsylvania. But those are fairly lame. I would imagine whatever they are using to deter a grizzly bear from wanting to eat a crowd of ooooh and ahhhhhhhers, is a much stronger voltage!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

We enjoyed your visit, it was a pleasure having you up.

Now you need to plan a trip for next summer!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

18. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The upper half comes down! More intimidating than you think as the earth shakes when she hit the ground!!

I could swear that the bottom half of that tree was going to fall backward, with Patrick landing underneath it! Very cool job by him to maintain the bored facial expression the whole time!
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

20. Likes jimnyc, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Rick will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is some of Santa's Reindeer?
    Apparently, to my surprise, Santa's little reindeers are actually "Elk".

I used to belong to the Elk's Lodge years back, ya would think I would know that then! I was too busy just joining for the .25 cent beers!!