Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    And so it begins ....

People with intellectual disabilities may be denied lifesaving care under these plans as coronavirus spreads
    World War II Germany[edit]

Main article: Action T4

Adolf Hitler enacted the Aktion T4 program in October 1939 to kill "incurably ill, physically or mentally disabled, emotionally distraught, and elderly people". The Aktion T4 program was also designed to kill those who were deemed "inferior and threatening to the well being of the Aryan race". This program was also designed as part of a larger, "Final Solution" eugenics program. Within months of enactment, the Nazis expanded its definition of who could be killed to include those who were of a certain ethnicity as well as class. Six killing centers were established for T4, one of the most notable being the Hadamar Euthanasia Centre. At these centers, people deemed handicapped or "unfit" by "medical experts" were put to death. For example, gas chambers were disguised to look like showers and some people (particularly children) were starved to death. Often at these centers, the victims were murdered together in gas chambers using carbon monoxide.[6] The research undertaken by the Nazis on the victims, was used as a prototype for extermination camps such as Auschwitz and Treblinka later on in the war.[7][clarification needed] Approximately 200,000 people were murdered in the six years of the T4 program. The T4 "euthanasia" institutions were shut down by Allied troops in 1945.[6]

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think in a pandemic, IF the worst happens and none of the possible ideas work to 'buy time,' and the hospitals are facing the worst-choices do have to be made.

There seems to be little question that the elderly with underlying illness do not fair well if the disease takes hold. Unlike regular pneumonia brought on by flu, these people are staying on ventilators for well beyond two weeks, which does not bode well for survival. SOOOoo, what to do if someone is very critical and 85 years old, with a debilitating underlying illness, while a 34 year old father is in critical condition and there is no ventilator available?

Bad times, indeed. Praying that doesn't happen here.
    Well there ya go... the stark reality of the situation, as horrible as it is. Kind of what I was eluding to the other day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well... here it is...

---------------------

Michigan ER Nurse: ‘It’s Going to Be Just like Italy’

A Michigan emergency room nurse on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic issued a dire warning and chilling update on the reality of the virus and the strain it is having on hospitals, begging people to stay home and warning that “it’s getting to the point now that it’s going to be just like Italy.”

Mary MacDonald, who works for the Ascension Health System, posted a viral update on Instagram this week, detailing her experience after working at the Southfield location to assist with an influx of patients.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...gryMwt_g5u8-6E
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-27-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well... here it is...

---------------------

Michigan ER Nurse: ‘It’s Going to Be Just like Italy’

A Michigan emergency room nurse on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic issued a dire warning and chilling update on the reality of the virus and the strain it is having on hospitals, begging people to stay home and warning that “it’s getting to the point now that it’s going to be just like Italy.”

Mary MacDonald, who works for the Ascension Health System, posted a viral update on Instagram this week, detailing her experience after working at the Southfield location to assist with an influx of patients.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...gryMwt_g5u8-6E
    It seems that Michigan is not prepared, though not hit as hard as many other areas. Not sure what's going on there.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I can tell you that here in my county in Delaware, a lot of people are still not taking this seriously. What hope is there?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Kathianne, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I can tell you that here in my county in Delaware, a lot of people are still not taking this seriously. What hope is there?
    Which is why it always has upset me when there's any indication from the top that this isn't 'as serious as some say. . .' It's not the flu.

It's not the end of the world either. I know that. Still, we have already crossed the rubicon on the stay at home, any talk of easing on it should be put as 'easing,' not ending. Lots of caveats and warnings should come with that talk.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Which is why it always has upset me when there's any indication from the top that this isn't 'as serious as some say. . .' It's not the flu.

It's not the end of the world either. I know that. Still, we have already crossed the rubicon on the stay at home, any talk of easing on it should be put as 'easing,' not ending. Lots of caveats and warnings should come with that talk.
    Yup. You don’t withdraw troops while hostilities are escalating.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yup. You don’t withdraw troops while hostilities are escalating.
    Unless your name's Obama

(And yes, I DID "just have to" post it )
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie, FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Abbey.....

I look at it this way, kinda pragmatically if I dare say. Maybe the people who refuse to take it seriously are the same people who hate America, are spoiled, selfish, ignorant, stupid, and basically unable to reason or think. Something like....Maybe God has his own plans for those kinds of people...not listening to, or heeding his warnings????
    Ya know? Like it's God's way of weeding out the chaff???

This expression first appeared in the Bible. It is a metaphor that speaks about how God will separate those who are worthy and those who are unworthy.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

15. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post