Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It should be clear by now the low opinion the messiah has for the common folks.

From his bitter comment, to his racist beliefs on whites, his elietism. to how we are not educated enough

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    It should be clear by now the low opinion the messiah has for the common folks.

From his bitter comment, to his racist beliefs on whites, his elietism. to how we are not educated enough

he doesn't suffer fools lightly. I like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

when people are going around worrying about, "We need to have English- only." They want to pass a law, "We want English-only."

Now, I agree that immigrants should learn English. I agree with that. But understand this. Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English -- they'll learn English -- you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish. You should be thinking about, how can your child become bilingual? We should have every child speaking more than one language.

You know, it's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe, and all we can say [is], "Merci beaucoup." Right?
    fortunately for us, we can go over to France and not have to worry about not speaking French....because those enlightened Europeons don't have those 'French-only' or 'German-only' laws and communicate to English speakers, right?.....I think Obama is on the right track....we should require all Americans to be tri-lingual.....English, Ebonics, and one other language......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank God Barrack has the gift that keeps on giving, the mouth of a liberal:

" you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish."
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think what he was trying to say in an extremely ham-handed and inarticulate way was that if Americans are going to compete in an increasingly globalized economy, foreign language skills are one of those skill sets we need to greatly improve.

While I personally believe we're failing in basic English and Math skills, I wholeheartedly agree that we should be encouraging foreign language in junior high and high schools. Perhaps even making it a requirement in a comprehensive college prep Advanced Placement curriculums as well as undergraduate degrees.

You might also consider the fact that if you plan to continue to maintain a forward-deployed global military presence and be involved in actions throughout the world, foreign language skills are going to be in high demand. So, for both economic and national security reasons, I have no problem with

I might suggest, though, that perhaps Chinese might be the language we should be emphasizing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bare Knuckled Pundit View Post
    I think what he was trying to say in an extremely ham-handed and inarticulate way was that if Americans are going to compete in an increasingly globalized economy, foreign language skills are one of those skill sets we need to greatly improve.

While I personally believe we're failing in basic English and Math skills, I wholeheartedly agree that we should be encouraging foreign language in junior high and high schools. Perhaps even making it a requirement in a comprehensive college prep Advanced Placement curriculums as well as undergraduate degrees.

You might also consider the fact that if you plan to continue to maintain a forward-deployed global military presence and be involved in actions throughout the world, foreign language skills are going to be in high demand. So, for both economic and national security reasons, I have no problem with

I might suggest, though, that perhaps Chinese might be the language we should be emphasizing.
    I don't agree: everyone speaks English everywhere, because we won. It's impossible to speak other people's language because wherever you go, they speak English at you; they've had eight years of it in school, and they are proud of it.

Certainly there is no sense in our learning the language of our pool boys and lettuce pickers!! Let them learn ours.

This widespread use of English is actually a reflection of our power. For millennia people spoke the language of the winners: first Latin, and that outlasted the Roman Empire, then the lingua franca of Europe, French.

But France lost and kept losing after Napoleon, and now the world speaks English.

But I agree that the next winner is likely to be the Chinese language. They have three IQ points over our average, and five times our population. So in the long run, I doubt we can compete successfully. Especially as blacks and Hispanics take over and our population declines markedly in intelligence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    The American consumer is paying over $4.00 a gallon for gasoline and Obama is worried about us speaking French when we go to Europe? Jesus, why do people listen to this man?
    Um did someone make-up a rule that candidates aren't allowed to talk about anything but gas and terrorists?

Like that? I figured I'd use a little of the "blue-collar" humor to take it down to ya'll's level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does Obama speak other languages did he take advantage of school courses or was he to busy drinking, skipping class and getting high?

In a passage describing his high school experience in Hawaii, for example, Obama explains the allure of drugs: “I kept playing basketball, attended classes sparingly, drank beer heavily, and tried drugs enthusiastically. … If the high didn’t solve whatever it was that was getting you down,” Obama intones, “it could at least help you laugh at the world’s ongoing folly.”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnBiker View Post
    Does Obama speak other languages did he take advantage of school courses or was he to busy drinking, skipping class and getting high?
    Irrelevant. One individual's past should not set the course for an entire nation's education policy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The messiah is once again showing his liberal arrogrance. With about 118 days to go until the election, Obama keeps showing his true side
    L'Horreur!... Sn-Obama Embarrassed Americans Cannot Speak French On Our Vacations to Europe (Video)
    C'est terrible!... Sn-Obama is quite embarrassed that Americans are so boorish and refuse to speak French while traveling abroad.
    It's so uncouth.
    If only we would start clinging to our French lessons as much as we cling to our guns and religion we would be a much more refined nation.
    Pass the arugula, please.
    Tom Maguire posted the whole exchange from Salon.
    Here's a piece of it:
    You know, I don't understand when people are going around worrying about, "We need to have English- only." They want to pass a law, "We want English-only."

Now, I agree that immigrants should learn English. I agree with that. But understand this. Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English -- they'll learn English -- you need to make sure your child can speak Spanish. You should be thinking about, how can your child become bilingual? We should have every child speaking more than one language.
    You know, it's embarrassing when Europeans come over here, they all speak English, they speak French, they speak German. And then we go over to Europe, and all we can say [is], "Merci beaucoup." Right?
    http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...americans.html
    ok .....first off the international language of commerce is english which is why everyone except our document challenged citizens speak it......and second the language we should all be learning is chinese....and third all our high schools require a language......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    our document challenged citizens

Document-challenged citizens -------------- excellent. I have to steal that at once.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Document-challenged citizens -------------- excellent. I have to steal that at once.
    please properly footnote your usage.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Um did someone make-up a rule that candidates aren't allowed to talk about anything but gas and terrorists?
    He can talk about what ever he wants, where exactly did I say he could not? (wasn't you who questioned an other's reading comprehension). I asked why people listen to him.

In fact Obama should make forgein language a flagship issue for the American people. Imagine a debate in the future;

Jim Lehrer - "Senator Obama, the country is facing ever growing engery costs, costs that affect american citizens pocket book as well as the economy as a whole. What is your plan for an energy policy that will have a favorable impact for the american consumer?"

Senator Obama - "Well Jim, energy cost and consumption will be of great importance to me and my administration and I assure you we will energetically face those concerns to bring about hopefull change. However let me talk about a real challening issue that is facing Americans. That is the ability to speak the language of the host country while American tourists are travelling abroad."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bare Knuckled Pundit View Post
    Irrelevant. One individual's past should not set the course for an entire nation's education policy.
    Its totally relevant. If he is embarrassed that Americans can't speak languages and he also doesn', it makes him a hypocrit. Also totally relevant is the fact that we don't need one shitbag politician setting the course for the nation's education policy.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    please properly footnote your usage.....

"Plagarism is basic to all culture." Pete Seeger