Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sexist of me, I know, but ... the men put weight on their guts and the ladies on their butts. The feminists haven't figured out a way to reverse it or claim discrimination yet

I used to get pissed in the Marines because it was ALWAYS (until the very end) height vs weight measurement. And my minimum weight for my height was less than my bones alone weigh

I forgot where I read the thing about the density, but it has been over years and more than once (different sources). In hindsight, it appears to be true. In my case anyway, and in general according to the sources. I weigh 185 now and am as big as I was when I was at 205. And I can't lift as much total wise, but I can lift more volume-wise.
    I'd KILL to be down to that right now, and ultimately that would be about where I should be. I was at around 195 for years and years. Wouldn't go up or down. Then I moved back to Wisconsin and holy shit, I LOOK at food and I gain weight. I need a total reset. I need to do protein shakes instead of chips and dip and a salad instead of a nutty bar and on and on, and I need to get on that gym and get the ole metabolism fired back up.

@jimnyc... I WISH I was a millionaire, pard... My living expenses aren't squat here in Wisconsin, so I have just enough money to get in trouble...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I WISH I was a millionaire, pard... My living expenses aren't squat here in Wisconsin, so I have just enough money to get in trouble...
    I just figured when I saw the sweet new car, and the other sweet looking toys in your garage, and now this. Was gonna ask for a few hundred grand there for a minute.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I just figured when I saw the sweet new car, and the other sweet looking toys in your garage, and now this. Was gonna ask for a few hundred grand there for a minute.
    The car is pretty heavily financed, bro...

It's only about 1/3 paid off right now. The other stuff I've had forever, and I had to finance that too. I guess I do OK. I do side work for the electrician, sell shit online and now trying the metal art. Gotta stay busy.

If I had millions, believe me Jim, we'd be starting a NEW TWITTER. We'd put these leftist fascist out of business...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'd KILL to be down to that right now, and ultimately that would be about where I should be. I was at around 195 for years and years. Wouldn't go up or down. Then I moved back to Wisconsin and holy shit, I LOOK at food and I gain weight. I need a total reset. I need to do protein shakes instead of chips and dip and a salad instead of a nutty bar and on and on, and I need to get on that gym and get the ole metabolism fired back up.

@jimnyc... I WISH I was a millionaire, pard... My living expenses aren't squat here in Wisconsin, so I have just enough money to get in trouble...
    Be careful what you wish for, bubba. My "weight loss program" was a month tied to some IVs and couldn't walk when I got out of it. I'm STILL rehabbing myself from THAT.

I went from 205 to 155 in about a week. All you need is an infection in your lung that gets you put on life support then have a stroke and be dead for a couple of minutes. When you wake up VOILA! 155! I spent a year trying to get back around 185 without getting fat. And learning to walk all over.

I think there are easier ways to lose some body fat. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Gunny; 08-25-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Be careful what you wish for, bubba. My "weight loss program" was a month tied to some IVs and couldn't walk when I got out of it. I'm STILL rehabbing myself from THAT.

I went from 205 to 155 in about a week. All you need is an infection in your lung that gets you put on life support then have a stroke and be dead for a couple of minutes. When you wake up VOILA! 155! I spent a year trying to get back around 185 without getting fat. And learning to walk all over.

I think there are easier ways to lose some body fat. Just sayin'
    I had a lung fill with fluid. They had to cut the fucker open. I didn't have much weight to lose back then so it wasn't very pleasant. Got a huge scar on the right side of my chest and two smaller scars where they jammed in drain tubes. Can't tell you how much THAT hurt. All I remember is the doctor saying... "FIVE MORE CC'S OF MORPHINE." I don't know how many times he said that. All I remember is the pain the sound it made when he finally got it in my lung... then I passed out. But they weren't done yet, they weren't happy with how far down the tube was in my lung. I think they just wanted someone they could talk into hacking their lung open so they could train the resident surgeons. I wouldn't let them do it now, not after I saw it really didn't make any damn difference at all. Fuckin' VA... I'll tell ya.

Buy like you, that's all the more reason I want to work out and stay as healthy as I can.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2018 at 08:39 PM.