Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Sitting or kneeling during the anthem while the cameras are rolling is an attempt to manipulate the public, no more, no less. And at least 10% of NFL fans say screw that, I don’t want to be manipulated.

Go find a job where your boss and your customers don’t care if you disrespect the symbol of our country.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Why are these "upright" Politically Correct* <Ugh! I hate that term!> entertainers not protesting real injustice?

How about protesting blacks killing blacks in Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore and scores of other cities?
    Why are they not protesting hispanic gangs killing each other other in LA, San Diego and along the SW border?

Oh...those are all FINE! It is when LE does it that it is not 'fine'. Kind of blind aren't they?

* Politically Corrupt is more like it
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Political correctness
    ......Getting its ass - kicked with reality and common sense.......

5. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Sitting or kneeling during the anthem while the cameras are rolling is an attempt to manipulate the public, no more, no less. And at least 10% of NFL fans say screw that, I don’t want to be manipulated.

Go find a job where your boss and your customers don’t care if you disrespect the symbol of our country.
    And if the NFL was serious about protecting the sanctity of the Anthem, they would simply refuse to show the disrespect - like when fans streak on the field.

I suspect the NFL thought it was cool and progressive and then after the backlash pretended they weren't, what is tantamount to, promoting the kneeling.

Nevermind the fact the kneelers are kneeling for something that doesnt exist
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

7. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

"Manipulating" the public is what peaceful protest are about.
    But because it's hoped to help change a situation does that mean that it's not sincere?

When the Vets marched on Washington after WW1 and set up camps in DC, it was to "MANIPULATE" the gov't and the people into fulfilling it's obligation.

The fact that they camped out there didn't mean that some of them weren't homeless and would have had to camp SOMEWHERE anyway.

Bottom line seems to me is that some folks just don't like it. They are horrified by the concept. And they can't bear to see it. (but don't seem to have any horror or outrage over innocent dead people at the hands of police)

Just like some folks didn't want to see Tim Tibow pray, or display the various bible verses over the years. And Folks wanted to run the DUCK guys off TV, and shut down the Christian real estate brothers TV shows and the Christian Real Estate Flipper couple.

IMO both sides have become snowflake filled. And rather than have REAL freedoms of speech, they both just want to simply run off anyone that "offends" them. Banish them from public view and out of work.

Grown adults Left and Right, neither seem to be able bear 30 secs of a contrary opinion. Or sincerely manage to tolerate being in the presence others expressing their beliefs.
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-24-2018 at 04:10 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    But because it's hoped to help change a situation does that mean that it's not sincere?

When the Vets marched on Washington after WW1 and set up camps in DC, it was to "MANIPULATE" the gov't and the people into fulfilling it's obligation.

The fact that they camped out there didn't mean that some of them weren't homeless and would have had to camp SOMEWHERE anyway.

Bottom line seems to me is that some folks just don't like it. They are horrified by the concept. And they can't bear to see it. (but don't seem to have any horror or outrage over innocent dead people at the hands of police)
    Nobody has horror or outrage over the white men and women killed by police. That's part of the issue.

IMO both sides have become snowflake filled. And rather than have REAL freedoms of speech, they both just want to simply run off anyone that "offends" them. Banish them from public view and out of work.

Grown adults Left and Right, neither seem to be able bear 30 secs of a contrary opinion. Or sincerely manage to tolerate being in the presence others expressing their beliefs.
    About right.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

Just like some folks didn't want to see Tim Tibow pray, or display the various bible verses over the years. And Folks wanted to run the DUCK guys off TV, and shut down the Christian real estate brothers TV shows and the Christian Real Estate Flipper couple.

There is a difference between standing on a street corner with a sign, and forcing an audience tuned in to watch a sporting event to see you disrespecting the symbol of our country. If you don’t see that, I give up.

As for Tebow, etc., I get that Christianphobics hate representations of Christianity. Since we aren’t all Christian, I feel sad and move on. But we are all American. And we all owe a debt we cannot repay to those who fought under that flag.

Rev, I think you need to take off your “I’m against authority” glasses and try to judge each case on its merits. Sometimes, believe it or not, authority is actually ok, and law enforcement, whether police or TSA agents, is a positive thing.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I worked at a very large law firm at one point. Of course they paid me a nice salary, and my job was basically to do as told by my superiors while on the clock. I DID NOT get to choose things I would do at will and then claim "freedom of speech" - as the reply would ALWAYS be "Sure, you have your freedom of speech at 5pm, and until then you do and say as I please".

This was the norm at every single job I had from a kid delivering newspapers to anything out there today. I'm fully and 100% aware of what freedom of speech is.

They are even giving them an option of staying in the locker rooms somehow - but that they don't want them coming out and making any type of spectacle or protest on THEIR dime while THEY are paying THEM millions.

These guys all have major coverage on their social media, or with the regular media at times, or what they want to do at home, or donate their money to, or they can open an organization to do and help people, they can run for public office, they can plan press conferences, pull out a summit like Ali did with others to draw attention to a cause...

SO MANY other options, but they want the one that gets the most air time - which happens to be when America is tuning in for FOOTBALL - and when the owners are paying them MILLIONS to play FOOTBALL.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I worked at a very large law firm at one point. Of course they paid me a nice salary, and my job was basically to do as told by my superiors while on the clock. I DID NOT get to choose things I would do at will and then claim "freedom of speech" - as the reply would ALWAYS be "Sure, you have your freedom of speech at 5pm, and until then you do and say as I please".

This was the norm at every single job I had from a kid delivering newspapers to anything out there today. I'm fully and 100% aware of what freedom of speech is.

They are even giving them an option of staying in the locker rooms somehow - but that they don't want them coming out and making any type of spectacle or protest on THEIR dime while THEY are paying THEM millions.

These guys all have major coverage on their social media, or with the regular media at times, or what they want to do at home, or donate their money to, or they can open an organization to do and help people, they can run for public office, they can plan press conferences, pull out a summit like Ali did with others to draw attention to a cause...

SO MANY other options, but they want the one that gets the most air time - which happens to be when America is tuning in for FOOTBALL - and when the owners are paying them MILLIONS to play FOOTBALL.
    Well put, Jim... and the only way the owners can pay these primadonna ass holes choosing to piss on our flag is if WE WATCH and continue to support the NFL. This was a STUPID idea from the start, and the NFL should have nipped it in the bud two years ago when brillo head started it but no, they'd rather see the NFL head for bankruptcy before they come to their senses.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-25-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well put, Jim... and the only way the owners can pay these primadonna ass holes choosing to piss on our flag is if WE WATCH and continue to support the NFL. This was a STUPID idea from the start, and the NFL should have nipped it in the bud two years ago when brillo head started it but no, they'd rather see the NFL head for bankruptcy before they come to their senses.
    Yup, agreed.

They need to just go back in time now. Let them come out and exercise, then back to the lockers for the national anthem. Then announce the teams or players back onto the fields. A shame it's come to that though.

Players have already announced thinking of ways to skirt the rule already and get messages across another way. Put the current rule in place - and add an addendum to it that if anyone purposely skirts the written rule as is, that they get fined anyway if they skirt the rules.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So basically, the players do as they please prior to the games, and then they are angry that their BOSSES want to exert control over them. Well, unless this is something allowable as per their contracts - then the owners are well within their rights. Furthermore, IMO, the players COULD technically be running afoul of one of various clauses in their contracts.

---

NFLPA’s Smith: NFL’s New Anthem Rule About ‘Exerting Control’ Over Players

NFL Players Association (NFLPA) Executive Director DeMaurice Smith believes the motive behind the new National Anthem rule in the NFL is about the league “exerting control” over the players.

“It doesn’t appear to have the full support of all of the CEOs who own teams. It punishes not only players who wish to protest but also could end up punishing players who want to come out and stand and salute the flag,” Smith said Friday on ESPN’s “Get Up.”

He added, “[I]t smacks more of a desire to exert control rather than a desire to actually stand up and support the rights and freedoms that our country was founded on.”

Wednesday, the NFLPA pledged to review the new policy and fight it if anything violated the collective bargaining agreement.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...-over-players/