Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default OKAY...If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    This evasion is not as fancy as your 3 pointer, but still a solid 2. 5 points puts you in the lead! C'mon, show me your best evasion!
    Bu bye!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    Bu bye!
    2 more points, you are way out front with this evasion. 7 points total.

It always ends this way, but the lefties usually close out by asserting that I am a racist as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Ev ... you keep asking to have your premise of mask culture dismantled objectively. Probably not going to happen. Some of us have chosen to use subjective arguments and subjective facts. Your continued berating and repetitive "challenges" doesn't seem to be something people are interested in. And, just because no one chooses to put in the time and effort does not mean you are a winner. An objective claim may be true or false; just because something is objective does not mean it is true.

However, I'll give it one more try. Here are some facts about wearing face masks. It doesn't matter what the media is telling you. This is scientific fact. The quality of the mask will make a difference with level of containment.

Wearing a face mask will help prevent the spread of infection and prevent the individual from contracting airborne infectious germs. When someone coughs, talks, sneezes they release germs into the air that may infect others nearby. Face masks are part of an infection control strategy to eliminate cross-contamination.
    Anyone who has a brain knows a mask is better than nothing if there is a highly contagious disease in the air. If there was a gas leak in your neighborhood, and you knew a mask would help, would you scream media propaganda if it was recommended? I don't think so. Common sense tells you that.

I personally feel that you have not objectively argued your case. You have injected your personal feelings about mask wearers and mask culture into your argument making your argument just as subjective as ours.

I think you would be a great addition to the community if you are truly a rightie. However, continually alluding to the fact that members here don't fit your idea of a rightie just means you might want to reassess your subjective feelings about righties.

I hope you've learned that people here don't quite fit into an airtight box and we are our own little breed of political animal. So, quit judging us by what you find on other boards. Especially since you are so committed to not have confirmation bias in your world view.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Ev ... you keep asking to have your premise of mask culture dismantled objectively. Probably not going to happen. Some of us have chosen to use subjective arguments and subjective facts. Your continued berating and repetitive "challenges" doesn't seem to be something people are interested in. And, just because no one chooses to put in the time and effort does not mean you are a winner. An objective claim may be true or false; just because something is objective does not mean it is true.

However, I'll give it one more try. Here are some facts about wearing face masks. It doesn't matter what the media is telling you. This is scientific fact. The quality of the mask will make a difference with level of containment.

Anyone who has a brain knows a mask is better than nothing if there is a highly contagious disease in the air. If there was a gas leak in your neighborhood, and you knew a mask would help, would you scream media propaganda if it was recommended? I don't think so. Common sense tells you that.

I personally feel that you have not objectively argued your case. You have injected your personal feelings about mask wearers and mask culture into your argument making your argument just as subjective as ours.

I think you would be a great addition to the community if you are truly a rightie. However, continually alluding to the fact that members here don't fit your idea of a rightie just means you might want to reassess your subjective feelings about righties.

I hope you've learned that people here don't quite fit into an airtight box and we are our own little breed of political animal. So, quit judging us by what you find on other boards. Especially since you are so committed to not have confirmation bias in your world view.
    Just as an Fyi - he has NO DESIRE to discuss facts or specifics. The goal is to run you in circles and keep you going and going on the same subject. He just talks in circles and keeps going on swearing that 2+2 = purple or something like that.

This is a game he plays wherever he goes. And has already stated he goes places and acts as a righty and places as a leftie. In other words, trolling.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Gunny, Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Pearls before swine, Sassy.

I was interested in understanding Ev and his ideas until he admitted he poses as a lefty or a righty depending on the site he is posting on. I have zero tolerance for someone involved in that level of deception.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, Black Diamond, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady, Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Pearls before swine, Sassy.

I was interested in understanding Ev and his ideas until he admitted he poses as a lefty or a righty depending on the site he is posting on. I have zero tolerance for someone involved in that level of deception.
    An excellent point, Abbey, AND topic. In proper perspective, of course.

I have no problem with a person that can argue both sides of an argument. In most cases, that means that person has looked objectively at both sides prior to reaching a conclusion. I've always done that. I was trained to. That, in and of itself, is not an issue with me, and generally is a breath of fresh air from the usual one-sided, partisan rhetoric.

However, I am not cool at all with misrepresenting one's self for no more reason than to screw with people. The only reason I can come up with that someone with such a superiority complex would do such a thing is because that complex is standing on a foundation of sand and must be continually reaffirmed or it will melt away with the tide.

And, as I previously posted, it doesn't matter what he labels himself. His behavior defines who and what he is.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks icansayit, Abbey Marie, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    An excellent point, Abbey, AND topic. In proper perspective, of course.

I have no problem with a person that can argue both sides of an argument. In most cases, that means that person has looked objectively at both sides prior to reaching a conclusion. I've always done that. I was trained to. That, in and of itself, is not an issue with me, and generally is a breath of fresh air from the usual one-sided, partisan rhetoric.

However, I am not cool at all with misrepresenting one's self for no more reason than to screw with people. The only reason I can come up with that someone with such a superiority complex would do such a thing is because that complex is standing on a foundation of sand and must be continually reaffirmed or it will melt away with the tide.

And, as I previously posted, it doesn't matter what he labels himself. His behavior defines who and what he is.
    Playing devils advocate is cool sometimes and can add to a conversation. Playing games doesn't add much but circular talking. Prove this, prove that, take my challenge.... and like others before him, anyone that has the ability to read, would see that proof and facts have already been provided & proven.

Kinda reminds me of Chris Cuomo emerging from his basement for the 1st time after quarantine, even though the whole world saw video of him miles away days before arguing with someone. You can provide proof and facts and video, and one would deny deny deny, or ignore and whistle in the wind. OR, do both AND ask others to prove it or take silly challenges.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

12. Thanks icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

His admission about making believe he's left or right depending on the site, goes beyond arguing both sides or playing Devil's Advocate, IMO. I'm not in love with those either, but I can respect them if done well.
    It's a deliberate ruse designed to troll a site. Why, I have no idea.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Playing devils advocate is cool sometimes and can add to a conversation. Playing games doesn't add much but circular talking. Prove this, prove that, take my challenge.... and like others before him, anyone that has the ability to read, would see that proof and facts have already been provided & proven.

Kinda reminds me of Chris Cuomo emerging from his basement for the 1st time after quarantine, even though the whole world saw video of him miles away days before arguing with someone. You can provide proof and facts and video, and one would deny deny deny, or ignore and whistle in the wind. OR, do both AND ask others to prove it or take silly challenges.
    I agree completely. I don't see him playing Devil's Advocate. Black Diamond IS the Devil's Advocate . There's a BIG difference.

My point is there is a difference between fraudulently presenting oneself by innuendo, choosing a topic where current emotions are high, then trying to prey on those emotions knowing people are more likely to respond, then running in circles like a leftwingnut, ignoring posts that bury his argument, pretending they didn't happen and continuing on with same wrong, intellectually dishonest circle jerk just to be doing so; and, arguing the unpopular and/or left side of an argument.

I have ZERO respect for a person of obvious intelligence misusing/abusing such a gift. All that intellect and the best he can do where the rubber meets the road is play toddler fuck-fuck games. What a waste.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    His admission about making believe he's left or right depending on the site goes beyond arguing both sides or playing Devil's Advocate, IMO. I'm not in love with those either, but I can respect them if done well.
    It's a deliberate ruse designed to troll a site. Why, I have no idea.
    Yes and no . He's not playing Devil's Advocate. He IS trolling. Best way I can come up to explain it is, it's hardly a secret I will take the unpopular stance and or the "lefty" stance if it's something I believe in. I used to could before they became so damned unhinged play a lefty. I was raised by them. I knew all their arguments. These people on the left now I can't even fathom, much less pretend to be one.

And on every board I've been on except the one where my name is banned my name is Gunny and you don't have to guess what I'm thinking nor where I stand.

On THIS board, regardless his other wanderings, he's not playing anything but a troll. He's taken no real stance. He hasn't pretended to be much of anything. He's just screwing with people's heads and is so arrogant he outed his own damned self.

He will be treated as such by me. I was done with this thread except to look and make sure it wasn't blowing up until you made it interesting with your comment

18. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes and no . He's not playing Devil's Advocate. He IS trolling. Best way I can come up to explain it is, it's hardly a secret I will take the unpopular stance and or the "lefty" stance if it's something I believe in. I used to could before they became so damned unhinged play a lefty. I was raised by them. I knew all their arguments. These people on the left now I can't even fathom, much less pretend to be one.

And on every board I've been on except the one where my name is banned my name is Gunny and you don't have to guess what I'm thinking nor where I stand.

On THIS board, regardless his other wanderings, he's not playing anything but a troll. He's taken no real stance. He hasn't pretended to be much of anything. He's just screwing with people's heads and is so arrogant he outed his own damned self.

He will be treated as such by me. I was done with this thread except to look and make sure it wasn't blowing up until you made it interesting with your comment

Nobody knows the circumstances for how or why I post as a lefty on some sites. It has been the ultimate learning experience for how I debate, and it has taught me how to become truly objective. When I argue positions from a lefty position, I end up looking into things that I would never even dream of researching, and I have even learned to see the merit in a lot of lefty agenda. When I argue a lefty position, I have to step completely away from my genuine conservative ideology and actually gain an understanding of the topic as a lefty sees it. This skill is priceless when I want to objectively break down a subject, and it allows me to become more objective than the typical "subjectively objective" level of trying to be objective. I have lefty friends on lefty sites who I have come to genuinely respect over years of knowing them, and nobody here knows enough about my lefty profiles to draw conclusions about them.

What is very important about this thread as it winds down, is that there is a lot of unsettled ugly agenda that has probably been the real reason for all the ugly arguing and bickering. The allegations against me by a few individuals who insist that I called them commies are still here and unresolved, as well as some ugly allegations about my character. I try to avoid calling people names or making ugly allegations about people if I cannot substantiate my claims. Anyway, if the specific allegations go unresolved as the thread dies, the allegations still happened and may surface as resentment and friction at other weird times, and maybe poison another thread with subjective agenda.

I have read some spectacular posts on this site from some high functioning people, so I am interested in spending more time here. I can deal with the ugly rhetoric from those who resent me so much, since it really is just a recreational political board, but if anybody wants to resolve the unsubstantiated allegation problems, it could probably happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Last edited by Kathianne; 06-04-2020 at 08:31 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    [IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/900/1*4p2BH-BYxNeOO3D1G1jFxw.gif[/IMG]
    Your image didn't post. You at work?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I had a problem, left, and forgot to fix. Did you?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

fixed, of a sort.

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post