Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Tyr has just sent you a great reply, in my opinion.

You're trying to infer an equivalence between what the Left gets, and what the Right gets ... when there IS none. That some criticisms are DESERVED and RICHLY EARNED ... why doesn't that figure in your assessment ?

The Left attacks from a different motivational basis to those who criticise from the Right. I really fail to see how you don't recognise that.

Perhaps you could explain why that is the case ?
    Each side credits the other or paints the other as being 'evil.' I get that, always have. Evil is something that is 'there,' to me it's real, then again I have some beliefs that make it real. Problem is, those that claim to be the most 'moral' aren't necessarily so, which doesn't have a political factor imo. It's the choice to do the wrong thing, in private or public.

Most people aren't choosing to do big acts of evil, in fact through ignorance often the evil manifests itself beyond their knowledge. The little acts of evil add to the divisions that cause much of the hurts of the world; from wars to children without parents.

Principles are scoffed at, not from the left or the right, from both and many in between.

As I said earlier, 'harder and faster,' that's the hate speaking-and it's not from one side. Which is getting hurt most? Which side is 'most effective?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Are you saying that obama should not have been so viciously attacked by we on the right?
    For me, there simply is no room to use the criticisms voiced about and faithfully against the lying, worthless traitor obama and his anti-american, nation destroying actions-- to in anyway attempt to justify what the dems/libs/leftists and mainstream media is currently doing to President Trump.
    I will say this to any person alive, obama was and is nothing more than a traitor and a globalist puppet. He is also a muslim...-Tyr
    I missed my defense of Obama, in fact I'm pretty sure I rated him as the 'worst.'

In case you missed it, many other folks think that GW, Trump were worse. I think they are wrong, but they believe it as fervently as yourself the opposite.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I missed my defense of Obama, in fact I'm pretty sure I rated him as the 'worst.'

In case you missed it, many other folks think that GW, Trump were worse. I think they are wrong, but they believe it as fervently as yourself the opposite.

""Simple question, when Obama was democratically elected and those who didn't like him, including myself, attacked him for his leadership were they paving the way for Hitler?

FYI, while it isn't my nature to post nonsense like that, you can all go back and look at the memes and such regarding how some on the 'right' viewed Obama, Michelle, even his kids. When asked about 'respect' it was, 'well he's earned this, they did it to GW!'

Personally I think those pictures or GW, Obama, Trump, and any family members really are more telling on those that post them than on their subjects. Let's not pretend that it's only the 'left' though that disrespects those elected.""
    In the quote above,the bolded and enlarged in the quote is primarily what led me to comment the way I did my friend. As to me, the comparison was made by you between obama and Trump, how each gets treated. However to me, it is not the matter that both sides do it.
    It is the matter that the current rude, insulting discourse, anger, hatred, lies and etc. etc , etc. is by and large, so overblown , so vile, so evil and so filled with deepest depths of pure hatred that no truly meaningful comparison can be made in regards to how the obama was treated, IMHO.
    It is to me as if you completely ignored that obama got the amount of disrespect that he and his actions earned, while such is not true with Trump, IMHO.
    I get that both sides do it, but one side has now shown it is unhinged, with a foaming at the mouth hatred on a level not seen in modern times.
    Even to the point of making up lies in an attempt to impeach trump, destroy people he has selected for government posts, etc.etc. By the way, obama's other half inserted herself and her ignorant leftist agenda politically many times, so derision of her was right on target and also fully justified, IMHO.-TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Whatever "the right" said about obama, including any media, the left, including their media, is giving president Trump 100 times WORSE.

That is just a pure and simple FACT. You can't just say, oh both sides do it, and NOT acknowledge that one side does it FAR, FAR WORSE than the other. You're being DISHONEST if you do.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-18-2018 at 09:25 AM.

5. Thanks Black Diamond, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is just the LATEST example of the PURE VITRIOL and HATRED our president has to endure, FROM THE LEFT, on virtually a DAILY BASIS...

Had shit like this happened to obama, CONSTANTLY, the left would have been in an absolute NON STOP APOPLECTIC MELT DOWN.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-18-2018 at 09:36 AM.

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Whatever "the right" said about obama, including any media, the left, including their media, is giving president Trump 100 times WORSE.

That is just a pure and simple FACT. You can't just say, oh both sides do it, and NOT acknowledge that one side does it FAR, FAR WORSE than the other. You're being DISHONEST if you do.
    Excellent point. Even if regular folks were as relentlessly vicious towards Obama as they are towards Trump (they were not), it could not reach the crescendo of an the 95% anti- Trump 24/7 media grinding away at him (and everyone around him) day after day. Lest anyone forget, Obama was a media darling who walked on water. For that reason alone, there is simply no comparison.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

This is just the LATEST example of the PURE VITRIOL and HATRED our president has to endure, FROM THE LEFT, on virtually a DAILY BASIS...

Had shit like this happened to obama, CONSTANTLY, the left would have been in an absolute NON STOP APOPLECTIC MELT DOWN.
    Is that Kathy Griffins store front ?

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

so now there is equality in the Trump/Putin presser and Obama giving away the whole enchilada to Iran? I don't think so. That equivalency doesn't work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

so now there is equality in the Trump/Putin presser and Obama giving away the whole enchilada to Iran? I don't think so. That equivalency doesn't work.
    I think that's the point.

15. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think that's the point.
    Which doesn't mean that either were good things. That was his point, to divert from the problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Which doesn't mean that either were good things. That was his point, to divert from the problem.
    No, the point is the selective, manufactured, fake outrage by democrats.

18. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think Obama was way over the rails in what he did in that transaction, but I won't try and make a comparison. I stand by my initial words, which were that the Dems are once again trying to capitalize and turn this yet again into another crazy story. It's not. He's already owned up to the one very little thing that may have mattered. He's far from a man with a great vocabulary, and certainly not an orator! But like I stated in another thread earlier today, I also don't think many folks even cared about what else may have taken place in his meeting. I think folks want to find wrongdoing of some sort and then run with it till their wheels fall of.

Generally speaking, most would look at the entirety of the whole meeting, and of course any screwups in their press conference would be included. But hell, I don't even see our own media talking about anything else. They are obsessed, as if they were democrats themselves.

I think the Iran thing was a monstrous disaster and a loss in the end. I also look at it as lying to the American people, and in more ways than one. I look at Trump purposely insulting the agencies that have been running amok with some employees and some leaders and bringing down his presidency. So he spoke out about them as part of the conference. The "positive" part about anything Russia was his snagged. If he had left that out, but only condemned the US intel agencies for their actions with him, I would have no issue with that at all. And I think, all in all, it's simply not as bad as many are making it to seem. That's MY opinion only though. The Dems didn't like it and then went around forcing others to speak out.

---

As an aside, it's absolutely stunning to me, that from Hillary to Obama to Holder to Lynch to the entire lineup of the intel agency folks and everything that we're finding out - that still no one has truly been held responsible for their actions. That bugs me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No, the point is the selective, manufactured, fake outrage by democrats.
    You're missing a few that were more than upset that aren't 'squishy Rep' or Democrats. There's some highly intelligent people that are very concerned about what happened in Helsinki. The tweets today did nothing to tamp down those concerns.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

You're missing a few that were more than upset that aren't 'squishy Rep' or Democrats. There's some highly intelligent people that are very concerned about what happened in Helsinki. The tweets today did nothing to tamp down those concerns.
    Like who... JEFF FLAKE? I'm missing nothing. It's the establishment deep state, they're in both parties. They haven't liked president Trump from day one, from during his campaign even. He's an outsider and doesn't belong in their good ole boys club because he doesn't play by their rules... which is precisely the reason he got elected.

They can all go pound sand.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-18-2018 at 02:56 PM.

22. Thanks Drummond thanked this post