Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Here's the basic problem, and I guess it's just something I've been thinking about: These scientists are trying to prove that man is responsible for the warming effect. Now, it's not that they're trying to screw us or anything, they legitimately believe that global warming is a threat.

The problem comes about in the approach, because in order to truly study what is happening in an unbiased manner, you can't be walking in with your mind made up, it just doesn't work. The scientists on the other side of the line have the same problem, though.

Then some idiot gets up there sounding all official like, and exaggerates the studies findings on purposely, to scare people into action, and by the miracle of internet, get caught doing, thus discrediting not only themselves, but the very people that they are trying to help
    That makes a lot of sense...thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

650 scientists now disagree with man made global warming

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...0-274616db87e6

POZNAN, Poland - The UN global warming conference currently underway in Poland is about to face a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who are criticizing the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore. Set for release this week, a newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report features the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN. The report has added about 250 scientists (and growing) in 2008 to the over 400 scientists who spoke out in 2007. The over 650 dissenting scientists are more than 12 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.
    I thought this part was interresting, many of the ones dissenting are former UN scientists.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    I highly doubt that whatever we do is natural to the environment. But I guess I can't prove that cars, internet and cell phones aren't natural, can I? What about 'Spring Break Girls Gone Wild', they part of a natural degradation process brought about by naturally distilled alcoool and tequila, from the environment??
    Is a dam or shelter the beaver builds natural? Is a bird building its nest natural? i dont see why we are any different.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Is a dam or shelter the beaver builds natural? Is a bird building its nest natural? i dont see why we are any different.
    If you say so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That global warming is hitting here in Houston today, our forcast is to get freezing rain, sleet or even snow tonight. Oh joy! I have lived here 12 years and haven't seen this type of weather...... damn you Global Warming!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sitarro; 12-10-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Everything we do is natural, but not always nature-friendly. Animals are the same way. We have the ability to foresee some of the consequences of our actions. A beaver doesn't. That doesn't mean what we do isn't natural, it just means we have the oppourtinuty to help keep the planet we depend on in a fairly hospitable state.

Unless something we use comes from another planet, it is all natural. Technically.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Everything we do is natural, but not always nature-friendly. Animals are the same way. We have the ability to foresee some of the consequences of our actions. A beaver doesn't. That doesn't mean what we do isn't natural, it just means we have the oppourtinuty to help keep the planet we depend on in a fairly hospitable state.

Unless something we use comes from another planet, it is all natural. Technically.
    are you telling me that when a beaver builds a damn he does not know that it is going to flood an area and kill everything that is flooded.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    are you telling me that when a beaver builds a damn he does not know that it is going to flood an area and kill everything that is flooded.....
    Beaver ponds are bastions of life, not death.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just getting in from working out at the airport all night, 32 degrees out. IT SNOWED HERE!!!!!!!!!! REAL SNOW, not the little slushy ice balls...... REAL FLAKES. They were deicing the planes!!!!!!!! I have lived here 12 years and it hasn't done any of that, I am starting a warning to man that we need to pollute more to build our protective "green house" atmosphere......... Global Cooling is here and it's man's fault....... damn Global Cooling!

We even made the headline of the Drudge Report!

http://www.drudgereport.com/

No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    A beaver isn't capable of studying or understanding what happens when they flood an area, we are. That's the difference, but it doesn't mean that life can't adapt after our actions like it does after a beaver builds a dam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...imate_100.html

There are many scientific and health organizations, enviromental, endangered species, etc...who keep compiling evidence that the earths temperature is indeed rising and the effects are begining to become more evident.

I don't understand those who insist a freak snowstorm negates the idea that the earths temperature is rising. It would seem reasonable to expect this to happen slowly.

How can you deny all this information?

We actually had record highs in Baton Rouge for winter this year. Got into the low 80's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    don't worry, the Democrats have full control now, all this is on it's way..

get out your checkbook..enjoy..
    You have absolutely no scientific argument to bring to this discussion whatsoever, do you? Zero?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin View Post
    I agree, i think its unfair to blame man entirely for global warming, but we can do a lot to take care of our planet.
    "unfair" ? Science doesn't care what "fair" is. Disease is unfair. Its still a fact.

we can solve any problem, we americans come together to solve
    +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Global warming is from solar activity.
    No it isn't. This argument has been thoroughly debunked. You're still working with right wing talking points you were handed a decade ago.

The idea that mankind is responsible for changes in the climate is silly egotistical BS.
    What a genius scientific argument you've just made.

"I feel like if this theory were true, it would be silly and egotistical. Therefore, based on my feelings and no factual evidence whatsoever, its untrue"

Brilliant!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    650 scientists now disagree with man made global warming

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...0-274616db87e6

I thought this part was interresting, many of the ones dissenting are former UN scientists.
    Its also not 100% honest. Of those 650, not all 650 are currently working. Not all of the 650 are climate scientists. Not all of the 650 are physical scientists. In fact, not all of the 650 are scientists. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=20660 Its a bullshit list.

No one cares what economists have to say about the climate except rightwingers looking for talking points.

Even if all 650 were qualified scientists presently working - do you understand how many tens of thousands disagree with them? See link above. Every single professional scientific organization in the US has issued statements in support of AGW, with the exception of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists who recently changed their statement from "against" to "no opinion either way" after its members started resigning in droves.

Each one of those professional scientific organizations has thousands to tens of thousands of members. The American Chemical Society - for example - has 160,000 members. 160,000 vs. 650