Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Actually, it showed up in Disk Management but not in File Explorer, This PC. My son said try reformatting it but make sure your OS is on the SSD, and it is so I reformatted it, and when I did that I renamed it Drive D. Well, even though it's showing "healthy" and "working properly" in Disk Management, it still didn't show under This PC. So I thought maybe I should rename it D:, so tried that, didn't work. Then this morning it hit me while mister COULDN'T UNDERSTAND the INDIA TALKING ACCENT dude, it hit me while he screwed with it for 45 minutes, that C: drive is in parenthesize, like (C and so it my external, (F, so I told the guy, hey, maybe you should redo the drive name with parenthesize, because he had remoted in, but he blew me off and screwed off for awhile some more until I was ready to end the session, but he got into a menu kinda fast and I didn't follow, but he redesignated the drive with parenthesis around it and bam, there it is in File Explorer under This PC. Initially it said Drive 0, and I think that was screwed up, and it did need to be formatted, but if I'd put (D in "rename drive" when I formatted it, I'd have fixed it myself.... I think. It may have needed to be redesignated though. IDK... it shows up now, but now it's called D,: (, D, :, ). Comas used to board codec doesn't display a smilie.

Well shit, the page codec is screwing up how I need to write the drive name... won't let me do it... (, D, :, ).
    Make sure in disk management, that not only is it listed there, but that to the right of it, the graph if you will, make sure it's an active partition as well. I've had "new" drives before that would show up but only there until it was formatted and listed there with an active partition of some sort.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Make sure in disk management, that not only is it listed there, but that to the right of it, the graph if you will, make sure it's an active partition as well. I've had "new" drives before that would show up but only there until it was formatted and listed there with an active partition of some sort.
    Yup, oddly enough, from the beginning, the 2TB HDD showed up in Disk Management as "healthy" and "working properly," with the proper partition, as well as the 256GB SSD. Thing is, it was named Disk 0, with no letter designation, and I think that's the only reason it wasn't showing up in File Explorer under This PC. As soon as it was renamed (D:,) [coma added only so board doesn't show a smilie], it showed up. I think it needs to be designated with a letter and colon, (anything but A or B), and the letter and colon HAVE to be in parenthesize.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-09-2019 at 06:19 PM.