Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post
    Tim Tebow is a douchebag ...

... because he's a Gator!

I couldn't care less about his religion.
    I'm a U of Miami fan myself.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Hey nobody is perfect Gunny

We still love ya pal

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The U of Miami is the crummiest football program in college football. Shitty stadium, cheating players, thugs, and losers. But hey once long ago, they won some ball games. Second most disgusting loss I've ever watched my beloved Hogs take 1989 Cotton Bowl (maybe 1990?) 51-7 I couldn't believe it.

I'd love to get some Hurricane today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The liberal media's "love" of Tebow keeps coming out

Recently, nearly 8,000 fans have petitioned the Denver Broncos to participate in an online campaign against the bullying of gay teens. But the team has declined to join "It Gets Better," saying it is already, "committed to tolerance, acceptance and respect for all in the community."
    But that wasn't enough for liberal media like the Huffington Post - they are intent on blaming their favorite punching bag, Christian quarterback Tim Tebow for the team's decision.

The "It Gets Better" project is an online project against gay teen bullying that resulted from a string of highly publicized gay teen suicides in 2009. The project, headed up by notoriously vile gay sex columnist Dan Savage, is a collection of YouTube videos submitted by those that wish to encourage bullied teens to hang in there. The project boasts such famous names as Ke$ha, Senate Democrats and even Barack Obama.

Tebow is the "miracle" quarterback for the Denver Broncos. He began the season on the bench, but after the Broncos' abysmal start, Tebow took over at QB, and has brought the team to 8-6, winning seven of the last nine games with him in the pocket, and a shot at the playoffs. His unconventional style as a quarterback and his outspoken evangelical Christianity have made him a hot topic in not only the sports world, but in religious and cultural circles as well. Jokes like "You can't lose when you've got JC in the pocket!" have permeated sports radio talk stations the nation over.

The secular left and media have ridiculed the former Heismann Trophy winner's faith since he was in college, playing with Bible verses scrawled in his game-day eye black. Then he appeared in a pro-life commercial with his mother that aired during Super bowl XLIV in 2010. The ad, tame in comparison to the pre-broadcast furor it caused, was sponsored by the socially conservative group, Focus on the Family.

Gay activists suspect Tebow's involvement with Focus on the Family is the reason he and the Broncos will not participate in this anti-bullying campaign.

"Last year, Tebow produced a Super Bowl ad for anti-gay, anti-choice Evangelical group Focus on the Family, and given the group's anti-LGBT slant, folks have been curious about Tebow's personal views on gay issues, bullying being just one of them," wrote Andy Towle at Towleroad.com.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/erin-r-...#ixzz1hLWAxYiN

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wonder if our resident football expert will have any comment on the left's continuing hatefest toward Tebow

After all, our resident football expert said their is no hate shown toward Tebow because of his faith. I guess the following example is more right wing propaganda - right?

snip
    On Christmas Eve, the Denver Broncos suffered a pretty hefty loss to the Buffalo Bills (the final score was 40-14). It seemed Tebow, who has captivated fans and media audiences over the past two months, was off of his game — to say the least.

Maher, who is highly critical of religion, found the loss entertaining enough to tweet about it. His message, which employed some pretty harsh themes, read, “Wow, Jesus just f**ked #TimTebow bad! And on Xmas Eve! Somewhere in hell Satan is tebowing, saying to Hitler “Hey, Buffalo’s killing them.” Here’s a copy of the offensive message:
    Fox News’ Eric Bolling, among others, responded strongly to the social media proclamation. Here’s a tweet that Bolling responded with:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/bill...christmas-eve/

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    I wonder if our resident football expert will have any comment on the left's continuing hatefest toward Tebow

After all, our resident football expert said their is no hate shown toward Tebow because of his faith. I guess the following example is more right wing propaganda - right?
    Who cares? The leftist media can go to f-ing Hell. He's a leader. An intangible asset that defies all the stats. As long as the team believes in him, he's there. Al Davis couldn't stand Ken Stabler, but guess what? He was the QB for his team for quite a number of years because he could win. Roger Staubach came in as a replacement for Craig Morton (the latter having all the accolades) and guess who never got his job back? I couldn't stand Staubach myself, but you KNEW when he walked on the field -- unlike Tony Homo -- the "Boys were marching down the field no matter how many dance tricks he had to pull.

The politics of professional sports is big markets vs small ones. The NBA wants the Lakers vs the Nicks every year. I can just see idiot boy gritting his teeth that the Spurs won 4 championships in 10 years. It isn't about right or left. It's about money.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Who cares? The leftist media can go to f-ing Hell. He's a leader. An intangible asset that defies all the stats. As long as the team believes in him, he's there. Al Davis couldn't stand Ken Stabler, but guess what? He was the QB for his team for quite a number of years because he could win. Roger Staubach came in as a replacement for Craig Morton (the latter having all the accolades) and guess who never got his job back? I couldn't stand Staubach myself, but you KNEW when he walked on the field -- unlike Tony Homo -- the "Boys were marching down the field no matter how many dance tricks he had to pull.

The politics of professional sports is big markets vs small ones. The NBA wants the Lakers vs the Nicks every year. I can just see idiot boy gritting his teeth that the Spurs won 4 championships in 10 years. It isn't about right or left. It's about money.
    It always amazes me when the examples of hate and bias in the liberal media are pointed out - the usualk respone is "who cares?"

Now if Tebow was openly showing is love for Allah and Islam - there would not be a word uttered from the liberal media in protest

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)

It always amazes me when the examples of hate and bias in the liberal media are pointed out - the usualk respone is "who cares?"

Now if Tebow was openly showing is love for Allah and Islam - there would not be a word uttered from the liberal media in protest
    You know me well enough to know what I think of those leftist hacks. Want to try again?

I don't disagree with you. However, pro sports is about money, not votes. And as a Christian, I think the people making an issue of it suck. However, why be what we're accused of? I don't care who doesn't believe. Sucks for them in the end.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You know me well enough to know what I think of those leftist hacks. Want to try again?

I don't disagree with you. However, pro sports is about money, not votes. And as a Christian, I think the people making an issue of it suck. However, why be what we're accused of? I don't care who doesn't believe. Sucks for them in the end.
    That is the purpose of thie thread to show how the man is being treated by the left for his religious beliefs

Of course, our resident expert on all topics syas that is not the case

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)

That is the purpose of thie thread to show how the man is being treated by the left for his religious beliefs

Of course, our resident expert on all topics syas that is not the case
    His religious beliefs don't matter. He's not getting paid to preach the gospel. He gets paid to win football games. I don't know who our "resident expert" is, but the fact is, Tebow's religion should not be an issue and as I said ... if you don't like the answer to question ... don't ask.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

His religious beliefs don't matter. He's not getting paid to preach the gospel. He gets paid to win football games. I don't know who our "resident expert" is, but the fact is, Tebow's religion should not be an issue and as I said ... if you don't like the answer to question ... don't ask.
    Go back and read my posts Gunny. Tebow is being attacked for his religious beliefs and not his performace on the football field

Ch even made the stupid claim the left did not get pissed off over Teboas Pr life Super Bowl ad he made with him mom

Shows how much he knows about this topic

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Dear RSR, it is obvious that you don't know squat about football. Did you see Tebow's stats for his last game

Att/Comp Yds Avg TD Int NFL Rating
    Tebow 13/30 185 6.2 1 4 35.4

God wouldn't claim Tebow as his son after that performance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go back and read my posts Gunny. Tebow is being attacked for his religious beliefs and not his performace on the football field

Ch even made the stupid claim the left did not get pissed off over Teboas Pr life Super Bowl ad he made with him mom

Shows how much he knows about this topic
    You're hatred for me is getting ridiculous. And your lies are obvious.

I never said NO ONE was attacking him because of his religion. I said VERY few were attacking him b/c of his religeon, your VERY few examples bear that out.

MANY are also praising him for his religion. Go watch the ESPN miked with Tebow special, where they show him singing praises before a game, see him lifting team mates up, see him doing all the right things, and talk about what a wonderful guy he is.

I don't care WHAT the issue is, if it has two sides SOMEONE in the media is going to take the other side, it's what they are in business for. That you don't get that is your problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    You're hatred for me is getting ridiculous. And your lies are obvious.
    I could have told you this. RSR goes after those he dislikes with a vengeance. His primary weapons include lies, exaggeration and ignoring statements he has no answer for. But as an endangered species (Ignoramus Foolerus), his kind are protected on our land.

Your primary mistake is assuming that there are two sides to every issue. RSR only knows one side -- his.