Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Well....yeah. The headline pretty much says it all. Why are you confused?
    Would just be odd, to me anyway, that someone here in the States suspected Russia of hiring trolls. But this technically isn't the first time I heard this. We had a similar discussion with a Russian member here awhile back, and someone brought up Russia having entire places setup in order to get some propaganda out there.

Not sure what anyone thinks having a bunch of trolls is going to do. Is there anyone really that weak, that they would change their vote in either direction, based on what a troll stated? Hell, I've seen trolls at many other places, even a few here at times, no matter what they may write - it wouldn't even make a blurb on what I may or may not vote on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Would just be odd, to me anyway, that someone here in the States suspected Russia of hiring trolls. But this technically isn't the first time I heard this. We had a similar discussion with a Russian member here awhile back, and someone brought up Russia having entire places setup in order to get some propaganda out there.

Not sure what anyone thinks having a bunch of trolls is going to do. Is there anyone really that weak, that they would change their vote in either direction, based on what a troll stated? Hell, I've seen trolls at many other places, even a few here at times, no matter what they may write - it wouldn't even make a blurb on what I may or may not vote on.
    Yes, but what you are forgetting here is.....not everybody that posts on the internet is as savvy and informed about such things. It's all about creating a "perception"...ie symbolism over substance (The Clinton's Standard of No-Standards)....and it's all about pushing a meme and an image that the propagandists WANT to create.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DLT View Post
    Yes, but what you are forgetting here is.....not everybody that posts on the internet is as savvy and informed about such things. It's all about creating a "perception"...ie symbolism over substance (The Clinton's Standard of No-Standards)....and it's all about pushing a meme and an image that the propagandists WANT to create.
    True, true! But this election is weird. I can't imagine a single Hillary voter changing to Trump, based on trolling or memes. Even the other way, I couldn't imagine Trump voter going Hillary based on online crap either. It seemed like folks dug in their heels fairly early this year and not a whole lot is/was going to get people to change their minds.

But I have seen many of the memes across Facebook, where I had to turn around and correct that person, that the meme had no truth to it at all. Here's one from 2 days ago in fact. I suppose some folks do fall for this crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I think everyone's pretty much made up their minds at this point. The only ones I figure that have not are the ones deciding whether or not even bother to go vote.

I personally get tired of the stupid pics for everything. But that's just me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke